- May cause hypertension, seizures, and death when used with MAO inhibitors; do not use within 14 days of MAO inhibitor therapy.
- Drugs that affect serotonergic neurotransmitter systems, including linezolid, tramadol, and triptans↑ risk of serotonin syndrome.
- ↑ CNS depression with other CNS depressants, including alcohol and benzodiazepines.
- Ketoconazole, cimetidine, clarithromycin, erythromycin, indinavir, itraconazole, ketoconazole, nefazodone,nelfinavir, ritonavir, or saquinavir may ↑ levels.
- Phenobarbital, phenytoin, carbamazepine, rifampin, or rifabutin may ↓ levels; may need to ↑ mirtazapine dose.
- May ↑ the effects and risk of bleeding from warfarin.
- Concomitant use of kava-kava, valerian, skullcap, chamomile, or hops can ↑ CNS depression.
- ↑ risk of serotonin syndrome with St. John's wort and SAMe.
mirtazapine has been found in Davis's Drug Guide
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.