Interferes with bacterial folic acid synthesis.
Bactericidal action against susceptible organisms.Spectrum:
- Some gram-positive pathogens, including:
- Streptococcus pneumoniae,
- Group A beta-hemolytic streptococci,
- Some staphylococci and Enterococcus.
- Gram-negative spectrum includes the following Enterobacteriaceae:
- Escherichia coli,
- Haemophilus influenzae,
- Klebsiella pneumoniae,
- Proteus mirabilis,
- Other strains of Proteus, some Providencia, some Serratia, and P. jirovecii are also susceptible.
trimethoprim has been found in Davis's Drug Guide
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.