- May ↑ half-life, ↓ clearance, and exaggerate folic acid deficiency caused by phenytoin.
- May ↑ effects of sulfonylureas,pioglitazone, rosiglitazone, repaglinide, phenytoin, digoxin, and warfarin.
- May ↑ toxicity of methotrexate.
- ↑ risk of thrombocytopenia from thiazide diuretics (↑ in geriatric patients).
- ↓ levels of and ↑ risk of nephrotoxicity with cyclosporine.
- Concurrent use with ACE inhibitors may ↑ risk of hyperkalemia
- May ↓ the effects of tricyclic antidepressants
- Concurrent use with leucovorin may result in treatment failure and ↑ risk of death (avoid concurrent use)
trimethoprim/sulfamethoxazole has been found in Davis's Drug Guide
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.