- The aging process can cause decreased values (FVC, DCOL) depending on the study done.
- Inability of the patient to put forth the necessary breathing effort affects the results.
- Medications such as bronchodilators can affect results.
- Improper placement of the nose clamp or mouthpiece that allows for leakage can affect volume results.
- Confusion or inability to understand instructions or cooperate during the study can cause inaccurate results.
- Testing is contraindicated in patients with cardiac insufficiency, recent myocardial infarction, and presence of chest pain that affects inspiration or expiration ability.
- Exercise caution with patients who have upper respiratory infections, such as a cold or acute bronchitis.
Pulmonary Function Studies has been found in Davis's Lab & Diagnostic Tests
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.