Normal Findings In:
- Normal age, size, viability, position, and functional capacities of the fetus
- Normal placenta size, position, and structure; adequate volume of amniotic fluid
- BPP score of 8 to 10 is considered normal. Each of the fetal movements evaluated in the BPP is related to oxygen-dependent activities that originate from the central nervous system. Their presence is assumed to indicate normal brain function and absence of systemic hypoxia.
Abnormal Findings In:
- Abruptio placentae
- Adnexal torsion
- Cardiac abnormalities
- Ectopic pregnancy
- Fetal death
- Fetal hydrops
- Fetal malpresentation (breech, transverse)
- Intestinal atresia
- Multiple pregnancy
- Placenta previa
- Renal or skeletal defects
- BPP score between 4 and 6 is considered equivocal. Gestational age is important in determining intervals for retesting and/or a decision to deliver.
Ultrasound, Biophysical Profile, Obstetric has been found in Davis's Lab & Diagnostic Tests
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.