- Determine the effectiveness of pulmonary gas exchange function
- Evaluate suspected nocturnal hypoxemia in chronic obstructive pulmonary disease
- Monitor oxygenation during testing for sleep apnea
- Monitor oxygenation perioperatively and during acute illnesses
- Monitor oxygenation status in patients on a ventilator, during surgery, and during bronchoscopy
- Monitor O2 saturation during activities such as pulmonary exercise stress testing or pulmonary rehabilitation exercises to determine optimal tolerance
- Monitor response to pulmonary drug regimens, especially flow and O2 content
Pulse Oximetry has been found in Davis's Lab & Diagnostic Tests
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.