- Detect end-stage bronchogenic cancer
- Detect lung infections and inflammation
- Determine etiology of persistent cough, hemoptysis, hoarseness, unexplained chest x-ray abnormalities, and/or abnormal cytological findings in sputum
- Determine extent of smoke-inhalation or other traumatic injury
- Evaluate airway patency; aspirate deep or retained secretions
- Evaluate endotracheal tube placement or possible adverse sequelae to tube placement
- Evaluate possible airway obstruction in patients with known or suspected sleep apnea
- Evaluate respiratory distress and tachypnea in an infant to rule out tracheoesophageal fistula or other congenital anomaly
- Identify bleeding sites and remove clots within the tracheobronchial tree
- Identify hemorrhagic and inflammatory changes in Kaposi’s sarcoma
- Intubate patients with cervical spine injuries or massive upper airway edema
- Remove foreign body
- Treat lung cancer through instillation of chemotherapeutic agents, implantation of radioisotopes, or laser palliative therapy
Bronchoscopy has been found in Davis's Lab & Diagnostic Tests
If you are a registered user, please login below.
If not, learn more about gaining full access.
- Try and Buy
- Nursing Central puts five fully integrated references at your fingertips on mobile devices and the web. See how Nursing Central works by clicking the sample entries below or purchase a subscription for the web and your mobile device.
View these free topics online now.