Diseases and Disorders
The Latest in Nursing Therapeutics
This fully-updated reference includes everything you need to know about caring for patients in one handy reference. Diseases and Disorders contains more than 250 entries.
Diseases and Disorders is a "must have" reference for every nurse. With complete coverage of more than 250 medical conditions encountered in nursing practice, you can quickly access the information you need to effectively plan and deliver patient care. Practical recommendations are supported by concise descriptions of how the human body is altered by disease and clear rationales for medications and tests. Comprehensive coverage includes everything from assessment and nursing diagnosis, to delivery of treatment and discharge planning. Diseases and Disorders is an excellent reference for nurses working in community and clinical settings and students transitioning from the classroom to patient care.
Unbound Medicine’s easy-to-read format allows you to access the information you need in a matter of seconds. Simply select a disorder from comprehensive indexes and quickly navigate through causes; genetic considerations; gender, ethnic/racial and life span considerations; assessment; diagnosis; planning; documentation; and discharge guidelines.
New to this Edition:
- Updated gender and life span considerations
- New information on celiact disease, HPV, and eczema
- New global considerations
- Updated Diagnosis Related Groups (DRGs)
- More than 250 diseases and disorders
- Primary nursing diagnoses with outcomes and interventions
- Diagnostic Highlights tables for quickly and easily locating pertinent test results
- Pharmacologic Highlights tables with dosing, mechanism of action, and rationales for use
- Patient teaching checklists with critical discharge information
- Home care essentials
|iOS devices running iOS v.4.3 or higher (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch)||Carrier Data Plan or on-device WiFi|
|Android devices running OS 2.2 or higher||Memory cards supported||
Carrier Data Plan or
|BlackBerry device with memory card support running BlackBerry OS 5 or higher||Memory card required||Carrier Data Plan or on-device WiFi|