With New and Updated Features
Nursing Central is the premier source of disease, drug, and test information for nurses. It also includes a leading dictionary, literature searching, and a study system. Get quick answers wherever you need them—on your mobile device or the web.$169.95
1 year subscription - details
With content from:
Nursing Central is the complete mobile solution for nurses and students. Look up detailed information on diseases, tests, and procedures; then consult the comprehensive database of 5,000 drugs or refer to more than 65,000 dictionary terms whenever you have a question. Search MEDLINE or keep up with your favorite nursing journals by having tables of contents delivered directly to your mobile device.
What’s New in Nursing Central?
- Grasp™ – a study system using a proven learning method that helps you master unfamiliar concepts or prepare for an exam
- Glimpse™ – an in-text drug and definition lookup tool
- Nursing Central website – a complete redesign for easier navigation
- Alerts – an improved feature for content searching in MEDLINE. Access the results each day on your mobile device or the web.
Save over 25% when you purchase your favorite nursing references in this all-in-one resource! With Nursing Central you get Unbound Medicine’s award-winning functionality as well as twelve months of web and mobile access.
Nursing Central includes:
Davis’s Drug Guide
The best-selling drug reference produced by F.A. Davis provides need-to-know information on thousands of brand name and generic drugs.
- 1,700 monographs covering 5,000 trade and generic drugs
- Regular updates with the latest FDA-approved medications
- Details of IV administration, dilution, and concentration
- Common herbal and natural products
- High-alert notices and patient safety information
- Drug-drug, drug-natural, and drug-food interaction
Authors: Judith H. Deglin, PharmD; April H. Vallerand, PhD, RN, FAAN; Cynthia A. Sanoski, BS, PharmD, FCCP, BCPS
Taber’s Medical Dictionary, 22nd Edition
Taber’s Medical Dictionary is a comprehensive health science dictionary featuring over 65,000 terms, 8,000 of which are new and revised. Taber’s also includes:
- 1,200 full color photos and illustrations
- Over 100 videos
- Integrated audio pronunciations for nearly 32,000 terms
- 600 Patient Care sections
Author: Donald Venes, MD, MSJ, FACP
Diseases and Disorders
Diseases and Disorders, fourth edition is a must-have reference for every nurse. With complete, updated coverage of more than 250 medical conditions encountered in nursing practice, you can quickly find the information you need to plan and deliver patient care. Practical recommendations are supported by concise descriptions of how the human body is altered by disease and clear rationales for medications and tests.
Editor: Marilyn Sawyer Sommers, RN, PhD, FAAN
Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests
Davis’s Laboratory and Diagnostic Tests is an easy-to-consult manual with over 400 entries. With the experience of nursing, clinical laboratory, and radiology specialists at your fingertips you can quickly check pre-test requirements, intra-test procedures and monitoring, and post-test care.
Authors: Anne M. Van Leeuwen, MA, BS, MT(ASCP); Debra J. Poelhuis-Leth, MS, RT (R) (M); Mickey Lynn Bladh, RN, MSN
Quickly search over 22 million journal articles from the PubMed database on your smartphone and tablet. Results contain abstracts, citations, and links to available full text articles which can be easily shared with classmates and colleagues. Additionally, MEDLINE Search contains a powerful, exclusive feature called Grapherence™ which delivers a new way to visually explore the interrelationship and relevance of medical literature.
Using MEDLINE Search as part of Nursing Central offers an additional feature allowing users to filter search results to those that come from nursing journals.
MEDLINE Journals delivers citations and abstracts from your choice of trusted medical journals to your mobile device. Link directly to the fully-integrated Unbound MEDLINE service to find related articles and view full text provided by the journal publisher.
Note: MEDLINE Journals provides links to full text articles only when available from PubMed; to view full journal text online you may need a separate subscription.
- Device-optimized interface and intuitive navigation
- Grasp™ study system to reinforce key concepts
- Glimpse™ technology to help you define words in-text
- Pictures, illustrations, videos, tables, and dictionary pronunciations
- Extensive Cross Links to related information
- Auto Alerts sent straight to your mobile device
- 5,000+ generic and trade name drugs
- More than 65,000 dictionary entries
- Disease, drug, test and procedure information
- Practical guidelines for nursing diagnosis and patient care
- Tables of contents and abstracts from top nursing journals
- Build and manage Grasp study decks
- Instant literature search with Unbound MEDLINE
- Personal Archive for saved searches and bookmarks
- 1 year of web and mobile web access included
Complimentary support is included with every application purchase. Visit our support page for more information.
|iOS devices running iOS v.4.3 or higher (iPad, iPhone, iPod touch)||Carrier Data Plan or on-device WiFi|
|Android devices running OS 2.2 or higher||Memory cards supported||
Carrier Data Plan or
|BlackBerry device with memory card support running BlackBerry OS 5 or higher||Memory card required||Carrier Data Plan or on-device WiFi|
All major web browsers
(e.g., Internet Explorer, Safari, Firefox) Smartphones with web access
Download or view a demonstration
|iPhone/ iPod touch with wireless connection||Demo|
|iPad with wireless connection||Demo|
|Android OS with wireless connection||Demo|
|BlackBerry with wireless connection||Demo|
Implementing Nursing Central
Nursing Central iPad Promo Video
Nursing Central Demo on iPhone
Nursing Central Demo on Android
Grasp Training Video