is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) app and website powered by Unbound Medicine helps you diagnose and manage 900+ medical conditions. Exclusive bonus features include Diagnosaurus DDx, 200 pediatrics topics, and medical news feeds. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
Decreased intake or absorption
- Malabsorption or small bowel bypass
- Vitamin D deficiency (25-hydroxyvitamin D or 1,25-dihydroxyvitamin D)
- Chronic renal insufficiency
- Diuretic therapy
- Hypoparathyroidism (including hypomagnesemia) or pseudohypoparathyroidism
- Calcitonin secretion with thyroid medullary carcinoma
- Familial hypocalcemia
- Decreased serum albumin (normal ionized calcium ion)
- Decreased end-organ response to vitamin D
- Loop diuretics, aminoglycosides, foscarnet
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Hypocalcemia." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. 5minute, www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114278/all/Hypocalcemia.
Zeiger RF. Hypocalcemia. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114278/all/Hypocalcemia. Accessed May 25, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Hypocalcemia. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114278/all/Hypocalcemia
Zeiger RF. Hypocalcemia [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2019 May 25]. Available from: https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114278/all/Hypocalcemia.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Hypocalcemia
ID - 114278
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114278/all/Hypocalcemia
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - 5minute
DP - Unbound Medicine