is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) app and website powered by Unbound Medicine helps you diagnose and manage 900+ medical conditions. Exclusive bonus features include Diagnosaurus DDx, 200 pediatrics topics, and medical news feeds. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- Primary hyperthyroidism, eg, Graves’ disease, toxic multinodular goiter, toxic nodule, subacute thyroiditis, early Hashimoto’s disease
- Thyroid hormone administration
- Severe nonthyroidal illness
- Dopamine or dopamine agonists (levodopa, bromocriptine)
- hCG-secreting trophoblastic tumor
- Acute psychiatric illness
- Acute glucocorticoid administration
- Other drugs, eg, NSAIDs, amphetamines, octreotide, opioids, nifedipine, verapamil
- "Subclinical" hyperthyroidism: low TSH, clinically euthyroid, normal T4, common in elderly (10%), risk of atrial fibrillation and osteoporosis
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "TSH Decreased." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. 5minute, www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114306/all/TSH_decreased.
Zeiger RF. TSH decreased. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114306/all/TSH_decreased. Accessed November 12, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). TSH decreased. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114306/all/TSH_decreased
Zeiger RF. TSH Decreased [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2019 November 12]. Available from: https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114306/all/TSH_decreased.
TY - ELEC
T1 - TSH decreased
ID - 114306
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114306/all/TSH_decreased
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - 5minute
DP - Unbound Medicine