is a topic covered in the Diagnosaurus
To view the entire topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription.
5-Minute Clinical Consult (5MCC) app and website powered by Unbound Medicine helps you diagnose and manage 900+ medical conditions. Exclusive bonus features include Diagnosaurus DDx, 200 pediatrics topics, and medical news feeds. Explore these free sample topics:
-- The first section of this topic is shown below --
- 18-50 years: S. pneumoniae, N. meningitidis
- >50 years: S. pneumoniae, N. meningitidis, Listeria, gram-negative bacilli
- Impaired cellular immunity: Listeria, gram-negative bacilli, S. pneumoniae
- Postsurgical or posttraumatic: S. aureus, S. pneumoniae, gram-negative bacilli
- Mumps, coxsackievirus, echoviruses
- Infectious mononucleosis
- Leptospirosis, syphilis, Lyme disease
- TB or atypical mycobacteria
- Fungi: Cryptococcus, Coccidioides, Histoplasma
- Spirochetes: syphilis, Lyme disease, leptospirosis
- Other: brucellosis, HIV infection, neurocysticercosis
-- To view the remaining sections of this topic, please sign in or purchase a subscription --
Last updated: December 1, 2014
Zeiger, Roni F.. "Meningitis." Diagnosaurus, 4th ed., McGraw-Hill Education, 2014. 5minute, www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114423/all/Meningitis.
Zeiger RF. Meningitis. Diagnosaurus. 4th ed. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114423/all/Meningitis. Accessed June 25, 2019.
Zeiger, R. F. (2014). Meningitis. In Diagnosaurus. Available from https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114423/all/Meningitis
Zeiger RF. Meningitis [Internet]. In: Diagnosaurus. McGraw-Hill Education; 2014. [cited 2019 June 25]. Available from: https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114423/all/Meningitis.
TY - ELEC
T1 - Meningitis
ID - 114423
A1 - Zeiger,Roni F,
Y1 - 2014/12/01/
BT - Diagnosaurus
UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/5minute/view/Diagnosaurus/114423/all/Meningitis
PB - McGraw-Hill Education
ET - 4
DB - 5minute
DP - Unbound Medicine