Successful resuscitation after cardiac arrest following massive brown snake envenomation.Med J Aust. 2002 Dec 2-16; 177(11-12):646-9.MJ
We report a 44-year-old Western Australian man who suffered a cardiac arrest several hours after a bite by a brown snake. He was successfully resuscitated after bolus administration of undiluted brown snake antivenom. We suggest that an initial bolus dose of at least five ampoules (5000 units) of undiluted brown snake antivenom should be given as primary therapy for cardiac arrest following brown snake envenomation in Western Australia.