Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

[Relationship between coronary angiography and syndrome differentiation type of TCM].
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2001 Sep; 21(9):654-6.ZZ

Abstract

OBJECTIVE

To understand the relationship between the coronary Angiography (CA) reflected degree of coronary artery lesion and the TCM Syndrome Differentiation-type (TCM-SDT).

METHODS

Patients TCM-SDT were differentiated adopting the standard of Syndrome Differentiation for coronary artery diseases revised in 1990, and the comparison of TCM-SDT with the findings in CA was carried out.

RESULTS

CA examination showed that 29 patients (39.73%) were of one-artery lesion, 9 patients (12.33%) two-artery lesion and 35 patients (47.95%) three-artery lesion; the stenosis degree of them were: 54 arteries were mild stenosis, 38 moderate stenosis and 31 severe stenosis; 29 arteries were completely occluded, the sum total of affected artery was 152 (69.41%), and the other 67 arteries (30.59%) had no lesion. TCM-SDT showed that all the 73 patients had secondary Excess Syndrome, among them 73 patients (100%) with blood stasis Syndrome, 39 patients (53.4%) with Phlegm-Turbid Syndrome, 16 (21.0%) with Qi-stagnation Syndrome and 7 (9.6%) with Cold condensation Syndrome. 63 patients (86.3%) with obvious primary Deficiency Syndrome, among them, 57 (78.1%) were Qi-Deficiency, 18 (24.7%) Yang-Deficiency, 28 (38.4%) Yin-Deficiency and 5 (6.8%) Yang collapse. All patients had blood stasis of various degrees, manifesting on tongue proper prominently. In the 80.8% patients who had angina pectoris, 74.0% had their mouth, lips and gum dark red, dark purple or light dark in color. The comparison between TCM-SDT and Blood-Stasis score revealed that patients of Cold condensation-blood stasis Syndrome and Yang collapse-blood stasis Syndrome were serious. Patients of Qi stagnation-blood stasis Syndrome and Yin Deficiency-blood stasis Syndrome were mild cases, while patients of Phlegm Turbid-blood stasis Syndrome and Qi Deficiency-blood stasis Syndrome were moderate severity cases. The number of affected artery in Cold condensation patients was the most, and in Yin-Deficiency patients was the least. The coronary artery stenosis degree in patients of Qi-stagnation and Yin-Deficiency were milder than in those of Yang-collapse and Yang-Deficiency patients.

CONCLUSION

The more the number of arterial lesion, the severer the degree of stenosis and the higher the blood stasis score, then the more serious the degree of stasis.

Authors+Show Affiliations

Xiyuan Hospital, China Academy of TCM, Beijing 100091.No affiliation info availableNo affiliation info available

Pub Type(s)

Comparative Study
Journal Article

Language

chi

PubMed ID

12575549

Citation

Ma, X C., et al. "[Relationship Between Coronary Angiography and Syndrome Differentiation Type of TCM]." Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi = Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, vol. 21, no. 9, 2001, pp. 654-6.
Ma XC, Yin TY, Chen KJ. [Relationship between coronary angiography and syndrome differentiation type of TCM]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2001;21(9):654-6.
Ma, X. C., Yin, T. Y., & Chen, K. J. (2001). [Relationship between coronary angiography and syndrome differentiation type of TCM]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi = Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, 21(9), 654-6.
Ma XC, Yin TY, Chen KJ. [Relationship Between Coronary Angiography and Syndrome Differentiation Type of TCM]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2001;21(9):654-6. PubMed PMID: 12575549.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - [Relationship between coronary angiography and syndrome differentiation type of TCM]. AU - Ma,X C, AU - Yin,T Y, AU - Chen,K J, PY - 2003/2/11/pubmed PY - 2003/4/30/medline PY - 2003/2/11/entrez SP - 654 EP - 6 JF - Zhongguo Zhong xi yi jie he za zhi Zhongguo Zhongxiyi jiehe zazhi = Chinese journal of integrated traditional and Western medicine JO - Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi VL - 21 IS - 9 N2 - OBJECTIVE: To understand the relationship between the coronary Angiography (CA) reflected degree of coronary artery lesion and the TCM Syndrome Differentiation-type (TCM-SDT). METHODS: Patients TCM-SDT were differentiated adopting the standard of Syndrome Differentiation for coronary artery diseases revised in 1990, and the comparison of TCM-SDT with the findings in CA was carried out. RESULTS: CA examination showed that 29 patients (39.73%) were of one-artery lesion, 9 patients (12.33%) two-artery lesion and 35 patients (47.95%) three-artery lesion; the stenosis degree of them were: 54 arteries were mild stenosis, 38 moderate stenosis and 31 severe stenosis; 29 arteries were completely occluded, the sum total of affected artery was 152 (69.41%), and the other 67 arteries (30.59%) had no lesion. TCM-SDT showed that all the 73 patients had secondary Excess Syndrome, among them 73 patients (100%) with blood stasis Syndrome, 39 patients (53.4%) with Phlegm-Turbid Syndrome, 16 (21.0%) with Qi-stagnation Syndrome and 7 (9.6%) with Cold condensation Syndrome. 63 patients (86.3%) with obvious primary Deficiency Syndrome, among them, 57 (78.1%) were Qi-Deficiency, 18 (24.7%) Yang-Deficiency, 28 (38.4%) Yin-Deficiency and 5 (6.8%) Yang collapse. All patients had blood stasis of various degrees, manifesting on tongue proper prominently. In the 80.8% patients who had angina pectoris, 74.0% had their mouth, lips and gum dark red, dark purple or light dark in color. The comparison between TCM-SDT and Blood-Stasis score revealed that patients of Cold condensation-blood stasis Syndrome and Yang collapse-blood stasis Syndrome were serious. Patients of Qi stagnation-blood stasis Syndrome and Yin Deficiency-blood stasis Syndrome were mild cases, while patients of Phlegm Turbid-blood stasis Syndrome and Qi Deficiency-blood stasis Syndrome were moderate severity cases. The number of affected artery in Cold condensation patients was the most, and in Yin-Deficiency patients was the least. The coronary artery stenosis degree in patients of Qi-stagnation and Yin-Deficiency were milder than in those of Yang-collapse and Yang-Deficiency patients. CONCLUSION: The more the number of arterial lesion, the severer the degree of stenosis and the higher the blood stasis score, then the more serious the degree of stasis. SN - 1003-5370 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/12575549/[Relationship_between_coronary_angiography_and_syndrome_differentiation_type_of_TCM]_ DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -