Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

Compositional investigation of phenolic polymers isolated from Vitis vinifera L. Cv. Pinot Noir during fermentation.
J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Jul 11; 55(14):5670-80.JA

Abstract

Phenolic polymer material extracted during commercial red wine fermentations (Vitis vinifera L. cv. Pinot noir) was isolated and analyzed to characterize its chemical composition. Phenolic polymer isolates were prepared from samples taken throughout fermentation and isolated by adsorption chromatography. Isolates were subjected to phloroglucinolysis to analyze the proanthocyanidin amount as well as the subunit composition. Results of phloroglucinolysis revealed that the proanthocyanidin content of individual phenolic polymer isolates varied from 27 to 54%. Subsequent analyses were done in an attempt to quantify materials other than known proanthocyanidin subunits. Results of all experiments indicate that up to 82% of the phenolic polymer isolates could be accounted for by mass. While this figure accounts for a significant portion of the polymeric phenolic material, further investigation will be needed to qualify the remaining 18%.

Authors+Show Affiliations

Department of Food Science and Technology, Oregon State University, Corvallis, Oregon 97331, USA.No affiliation info available

Pub Type(s)

Journal Article
Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't

Language

eng

PubMed ID

17567144

Citation

Aron, Patricia M., and James A. Kennedy. "Compositional Investigation of Phenolic Polymers Isolated From Vitis Vinifera L. Cv. Pinot Noir During Fermentation." Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, vol. 55, no. 14, 2007, pp. 5670-80.
Aron PM, Kennedy JA. Compositional investigation of phenolic polymers isolated from Vitis vinifera L. Cv. Pinot Noir during fermentation. J Agric Food Chem. 2007;55(14):5670-80.
Aron, P. M., & Kennedy, J. A. (2007). Compositional investigation of phenolic polymers isolated from Vitis vinifera L. Cv. Pinot Noir during fermentation. Journal of Agricultural and Food Chemistry, 55(14), 5670-80.
Aron PM, Kennedy JA. Compositional Investigation of Phenolic Polymers Isolated From Vitis Vinifera L. Cv. Pinot Noir During Fermentation. J Agric Food Chem. 2007 Jul 11;55(14):5670-80. PubMed PMID: 17567144.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - Compositional investigation of phenolic polymers isolated from Vitis vinifera L. Cv. Pinot Noir during fermentation. AU - Aron,Patricia M, AU - Kennedy,James A, Y1 - 2007/06/14/ PY - 2007/6/15/pubmed PY - 2007/9/20/medline PY - 2007/6/15/entrez SP - 5670 EP - 80 JF - Journal of agricultural and food chemistry JO - J Agric Food Chem VL - 55 IS - 14 N2 - Phenolic polymer material extracted during commercial red wine fermentations (Vitis vinifera L. cv. Pinot noir) was isolated and analyzed to characterize its chemical composition. Phenolic polymer isolates were prepared from samples taken throughout fermentation and isolated by adsorption chromatography. Isolates were subjected to phloroglucinolysis to analyze the proanthocyanidin amount as well as the subunit composition. Results of phloroglucinolysis revealed that the proanthocyanidin content of individual phenolic polymer isolates varied from 27 to 54%. Subsequent analyses were done in an attempt to quantify materials other than known proanthocyanidin subunits. Results of all experiments indicate that up to 82% of the phenolic polymer isolates could be accounted for by mass. While this figure accounts for a significant portion of the polymeric phenolic material, further investigation will be needed to qualify the remaining 18%. SN - 0021-8561 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/17567144/Compositional_investigation_of_phenolic_polymers_isolated_from_Vitis_vinifera_L__Cv__Pinot_Noir_during_fermentation_ L2 - https://doi.org/10.1021/jf0704817 DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -