Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

[Clinical research of Chinese medicine syndromes of hyperlipidemia inpatients].
Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2012 Oct; 32(10):1322-5.ZZ

Abstract

OBJECTIVE

To study the Chinese medicine (CM) syndrome typing of hyperlipidemia inpatients, thus exploring the CM syndrome typing laws.

METHODS

The clinical materials, including blood lipids, grading,complications, CM symptoms, and manifestations of tongue and pulse were recorded using self-formulated epidemiological questionnaire of CM syndrome in hyperlipidemia, and then these materials were statistically analyzed.

RESULTS

Gan-qi stagnation syndrome (66.46%) was the most often seen syndrome in the 316 hyperlipidemia inpatients. Gan stagnation Pi-deficiency syndrome (35.44%), Gan-Shen yin deficiency syndrome (16.77%), Pi-Shen yang deficiency syndrome (13.61%), inner stagnation of phlegm and stasis syndrome (13.29%), hyperactivity of yang and hypoactivity of yin syndrome (9. 18%) were 5 common syndromes of hyperlipidemia. Gan stagnation Pi-deficiency syndrome occupied an important position among all types and at various levels. Results from the lipid classification of hyperlipidemia showed that mixed type with low HDL-C was the most often seen (108/316, 34.18%), followed by mixed hyperlipidemia (81/316, 25.63%). Totally the mixing type accounted for 59.81% (189/316), higher than hypertriglyceridemia (16.77%) and hypercholesterolemia (23.42%).

CONCLUSIONS

Gan stagnation pi-deficiency syndrome might be the core syndrome affecting the lipid metabolism of hyperlipidemia. Mixed hyperlipidemia was the most often seen in clinics. Clinical medication should cover actions of decreasing TC and TG, and increasing HDL-C.

Authors+Show Affiliations

Key Lab for Chinese Medicine Prevention and Treatment of Metabolism Diseases, Guangzhou University of Traditional Chinese Medicine, Guangzhou.No affiliation info availableNo affiliation info available

Pub Type(s)

English Abstract
Journal Article
Research Support, Non-U.S. Gov't

Language

chi

PubMed ID

23163138

Citation

Piao, Sheng-hua, et al. "[Clinical Research of Chinese Medicine Syndromes of Hyperlipidemia Inpatients]." Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi = Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, vol. 32, no. 10, 2012, pp. 1322-5.
Piao SH, Guo J, Hu ZP. [Clinical research of Chinese medicine syndromes of hyperlipidemia inpatients]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2012;32(10):1322-5.
Piao, S. H., Guo, J., & Hu, Z. P. (2012). [Clinical research of Chinese medicine syndromes of hyperlipidemia inpatients]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi Zhongguo Zhongxiyi Jiehe Zazhi = Chinese Journal of Integrated Traditional and Western Medicine, 32(10), 1322-5.
Piao SH, Guo J, Hu ZP. [Clinical Research of Chinese Medicine Syndromes of Hyperlipidemia Inpatients]. Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi. 2012;32(10):1322-5. PubMed PMID: 23163138.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - [Clinical research of Chinese medicine syndromes of hyperlipidemia inpatients]. AU - Piao,Sheng-hua, AU - Guo,Jiao, AU - Hu,Zhu-ping, PY - 2012/11/21/entrez PY - 2012/11/21/pubmed PY - 2014/1/3/medline SP - 1322 EP - 5 JF - Zhongguo Zhong xi yi jie he za zhi Zhongguo Zhongxiyi jiehe zazhi = Chinese journal of integrated traditional and Western medicine JO - Zhongguo Zhong Xi Yi Jie He Za Zhi VL - 32 IS - 10 N2 - OBJECTIVE: To study the Chinese medicine (CM) syndrome typing of hyperlipidemia inpatients, thus exploring the CM syndrome typing laws. METHODS: The clinical materials, including blood lipids, grading,complications, CM symptoms, and manifestations of tongue and pulse were recorded using self-formulated epidemiological questionnaire of CM syndrome in hyperlipidemia, and then these materials were statistically analyzed. RESULTS: Gan-qi stagnation syndrome (66.46%) was the most often seen syndrome in the 316 hyperlipidemia inpatients. Gan stagnation Pi-deficiency syndrome (35.44%), Gan-Shen yin deficiency syndrome (16.77%), Pi-Shen yang deficiency syndrome (13.61%), inner stagnation of phlegm and stasis syndrome (13.29%), hyperactivity of yang and hypoactivity of yin syndrome (9. 18%) were 5 common syndromes of hyperlipidemia. Gan stagnation Pi-deficiency syndrome occupied an important position among all types and at various levels. Results from the lipid classification of hyperlipidemia showed that mixed type with low HDL-C was the most often seen (108/316, 34.18%), followed by mixed hyperlipidemia (81/316, 25.63%). Totally the mixing type accounted for 59.81% (189/316), higher than hypertriglyceridemia (16.77%) and hypercholesterolemia (23.42%). CONCLUSIONS: Gan stagnation pi-deficiency syndrome might be the core syndrome affecting the lipid metabolism of hyperlipidemia. Mixed hyperlipidemia was the most often seen in clinics. Clinical medication should cover actions of decreasing TC and TG, and increasing HDL-C. SN - 1003-5370 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/23163138/[Clinical_research_of_Chinese_medicine_syndromes_of_hyperlipidemia_inpatients]_ DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -
Try the Free App:
Prime PubMed app for iOS iPhone iPad
Prime PubMed app for Android
Prime PubMed is provided
free to individuals by:
Unbound Medicine.