Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

Office-based Autologous Fat Injection Laryngoplasty for Vocal Process Granuloma.
J Voice. 2016 Nov; 30(6):758.e7-758.e11.JV

Abstract

OBJECTIVE

To present the outcomes of office-based autologous fat injection laryngoplasty for the treatment of vocal process granuloma in conjunction with glottic insufficiency.

STUDY DESIGN

Retrospective chart review.

METHODS

This study included nine patients with vocal process granuloma in conjunction with glottic insufficiency who received autologous fat injection laryngoplasty. Videolaryngostroboscopic data, objective voice assessment, perceptual measurements of vocal quality, and subjective ratings of voice quality were examined before and after treatment.

RESULTS

Of the nine patients, seven (78%) exhibited complete remission. The other two patients (22%) exhibited a partial response following the injection. In a subgroup of five patients who were refractory to antireflux and voice therapies, the resolution rate was 60%. Phonatory function presented significant improvements in jitter, noise-to-harmonic ratio, maximal phonation time, and asthenia. Videolaryngostroboscopic rating revealed significant improvements in closure phase ratio in the vibratory cycle.

CONCLUSIONS

Autologous fat injection laryngoplasty can ameliorate glottic insufficiency and the resulting hyperfunctional behavior of the larynx. This therapy also encourages remission of vocal process granuloma and may represent an alternative treatment strategy.

Authors+Show Affiliations

Voice Clinic, Department of Otolaryngology, Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan.Voice Clinic, Department of Otolaryngology, Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan.Voice Clinic, Department of Otolaryngology, Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan.Voice Clinic, Department of Otolaryngology, Cheng Hsin General Hospital, Taipei, Taiwan; Department of Otolaryngology, National Yang-Ming University, Taipei, Taiwan.. Electronic address: hydiung@gmail.com.

Pub Type(s)

Journal Article

Language

eng

PubMed ID

26454769

Citation

Hu, Hao-Chun, et al. "Office-based Autologous Fat Injection Laryngoplasty for Vocal Process Granuloma." Journal of Voice : Official Journal of the Voice Foundation, vol. 30, no. 6, 2016, pp. 758.e7-758.e11.
Hu HC, Hung YT, Lin SY, et al. Office-based Autologous Fat Injection Laryngoplasty for Vocal Process Granuloma. J Voice. 2016;30(6):758.e7-758.e11.
Hu, H. C., Hung, Y. T., Lin, S. Y., & Chang, S. Y. (2016). Office-based Autologous Fat Injection Laryngoplasty for Vocal Process Granuloma. Journal of Voice : Official Journal of the Voice Foundation, 30(6), e7-e11. https://doi.org/10.1016/j.jvoice.2015.09.003
Hu HC, et al. Office-based Autologous Fat Injection Laryngoplasty for Vocal Process Granuloma. J Voice. 2016;30(6):758.e7-758.e11. PubMed PMID: 26454769.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - Office-based Autologous Fat Injection Laryngoplasty for Vocal Process Granuloma. AU - Hu,Hao-Chun, AU - Hung,Yi-Ting, AU - Lin,Shu-Yi, AU - Chang,Shyue-Yih, Y1 - 2015/10/09/ PY - 2015/07/20/received PY - 2015/09/03/accepted PY - 2015/10/12/pubmed PY - 2017/5/10/medline PY - 2015/10/12/entrez KW - Autologous fat KW - Glottic insufficiency KW - Injection laryngoplasty KW - Office-based surgery KW - Vocal process granuloma SP - 758.e7 EP - 758.e11 JF - Journal of voice : official journal of the Voice Foundation JO - J Voice VL - 30 IS - 6 N2 - OBJECTIVE: To present the outcomes of office-based autologous fat injection laryngoplasty for the treatment of vocal process granuloma in conjunction with glottic insufficiency. STUDY DESIGN: Retrospective chart review. METHODS: This study included nine patients with vocal process granuloma in conjunction with glottic insufficiency who received autologous fat injection laryngoplasty. Videolaryngostroboscopic data, objective voice assessment, perceptual measurements of vocal quality, and subjective ratings of voice quality were examined before and after treatment. RESULTS: Of the nine patients, seven (78%) exhibited complete remission. The other two patients (22%) exhibited a partial response following the injection. In a subgroup of five patients who were refractory to antireflux and voice therapies, the resolution rate was 60%. Phonatory function presented significant improvements in jitter, noise-to-harmonic ratio, maximal phonation time, and asthenia. Videolaryngostroboscopic rating revealed significant improvements in closure phase ratio in the vibratory cycle. CONCLUSIONS: Autologous fat injection laryngoplasty can ameliorate glottic insufficiency and the resulting hyperfunctional behavior of the larynx. This therapy also encourages remission of vocal process granuloma and may represent an alternative treatment strategy. SN - 1873-4588 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/26454769/Office_based_Autologous_Fat_Injection_Laryngoplasty_for_Vocal_Process_Granuloma_ L2 - https://linkinghub.elsevier.com/retrieve/pii/S0892-1997(15)00203-9 DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -