Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

[Ultrasonic diagnosis of paraprostatitis].
Urol Nefrol (Mosk) 1989 Jan-Feb; (1):15-8UN

Abstract

Forty-six patients were investigated by ultrasonography in order to assess the state of the tissues directly adjacent to the prostate in patients with chronic prostatitis. Inflammatory infiltrations in paraprostatic fat, seen as irregularly shaped rarefication foci with a vague outline were detected in 16 (33.3%) and termed as paraprostatitis. The inflammatory infiltration involved seminal vesicles in 56.3% of the patients. The prostate was involved into the infiltration in 62.5% of the cases, while in the remaining 37.5% there was no correlation between the prostate and the paraprostatic fat infiltration. It is concluded that paraprostatitis, both acute and chronic, may be present as an independent condition, or be secondary to chronic prostatitis.

Authors

No affiliation info available

Pub Type(s)

Case Reports
English Abstract
Journal Article

Language

rus

PubMed ID

2655251

Citation

Borulia, L V.. "[Ultrasonic Diagnosis of Paraprostatitis]." Urologiia I Nefrologiia, 1989, pp. 15-8.
Borulia LV. [Ultrasonic diagnosis of paraprostatitis]. Urol Nefrol (Mosk). 1989.
Borulia, L. V. (1989). [Ultrasonic diagnosis of paraprostatitis]. Urologiia I Nefrologiia, (1), pp. 15-8.
Borulia LV. [Ultrasonic Diagnosis of Paraprostatitis]. Urol Nefrol (Mosk). 1989;(1)15-8. PubMed PMID: 2655251.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - [Ultrasonic diagnosis of paraprostatitis]. A1 - Borulia,L V, PY - 1989/1/1/pubmed PY - 1989/1/1/medline PY - 1989/1/1/entrez SP - 15 EP - 8 JF - Urologiia i nefrologiia JO - Urol Nefrol (Mosk) IS - 1 N2 - Forty-six patients were investigated by ultrasonography in order to assess the state of the tissues directly adjacent to the prostate in patients with chronic prostatitis. Inflammatory infiltrations in paraprostatic fat, seen as irregularly shaped rarefication foci with a vague outline were detected in 16 (33.3%) and termed as paraprostatitis. The inflammatory infiltration involved seminal vesicles in 56.3% of the patients. The prostate was involved into the infiltration in 62.5% of the cases, while in the remaining 37.5% there was no correlation between the prostate and the paraprostatic fat infiltration. It is concluded that paraprostatitis, both acute and chronic, may be present as an independent condition, or be secondary to chronic prostatitis. SN - 0042-1154 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/2655251/[Ultrasonic_diagnosis_of_paraprostatitis] L2 - https://medlineplus.gov/ultrasound.html DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -