Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

The Peritest automatic perimeter in screening for glaucomatous visual field defects.
Can J Ophthalmol 1983; 18(7):318-20CJ

Abstract

The ability of the Peritest to screen for glaucomatous defects of the visual field was studied by using this automatic perimeter to examine the visual fields of 69 eyes with chronic open-angle glaucoma and 46 normal eyes after manual perimetry had been performed. The Peritest correctly identified 62 (90%) of the glaucomatous eyes as having visual field abnormalities; the other 7 eyes (10%) had false-positive results. Of the 46 normal eyes, 36 (78%) were correctly identified as having normal visual fields; the other 10 eyes (22%) were incorrectly identified as having visual field abnormalities. Thus, the overall rate with which eyes were correctly classified as having normal or abnormal visual fields was 85%, and the rate with which fields were falsely identified as having glaucomatous abnormalities was 15%.

Authors

No affiliation info available

Pub Type(s)

Journal Article

Language

eng

PubMed ID

6671150

Citation

Douglas, G R.. "The Peritest Automatic Perimeter in Screening for Glaucomatous Visual Field Defects." Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. Journal Canadien D'ophtalmologie, vol. 18, no. 7, 1983, pp. 318-20.
Douglas GR. The Peritest automatic perimeter in screening for glaucomatous visual field defects. Can J Ophthalmol. 1983;18(7):318-20.
Douglas, G. R. (1983). The Peritest automatic perimeter in screening for glaucomatous visual field defects. Canadian Journal of Ophthalmology. Journal Canadien D'ophtalmologie, 18(7), pp. 318-20.
Douglas GR. The Peritest Automatic Perimeter in Screening for Glaucomatous Visual Field Defects. Can J Ophthalmol. 1983;18(7):318-20. PubMed PMID: 6671150.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - The Peritest automatic perimeter in screening for glaucomatous visual field defects. A1 - Douglas,G R, PY - 1983/12/1/pubmed PY - 1983/12/1/medline PY - 1983/12/1/entrez SP - 318 EP - 20 JF - Canadian journal of ophthalmology. Journal canadien d'ophtalmologie JO - Can. J. Ophthalmol. VL - 18 IS - 7 N2 - The ability of the Peritest to screen for glaucomatous defects of the visual field was studied by using this automatic perimeter to examine the visual fields of 69 eyes with chronic open-angle glaucoma and 46 normal eyes after manual perimetry had been performed. The Peritest correctly identified 62 (90%) of the glaucomatous eyes as having visual field abnormalities; the other 7 eyes (10%) had false-positive results. Of the 46 normal eyes, 36 (78%) were correctly identified as having normal visual fields; the other 10 eyes (22%) were incorrectly identified as having visual field abnormalities. Thus, the overall rate with which eyes were correctly classified as having normal or abnormal visual fields was 85%, and the rate with which fields were falsely identified as having glaucomatous abnormalities was 15%. SN - 0008-4182 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/6671150/The_Peritest_automatic_perimeter_in_screening_for_glaucomatous_visual_field_defects_ DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -