Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

[24-hour effectiveness and tolerance of perindopril (Prestarium), an ACE inhibitor, in the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension. A 1-year Czech and Slovak study].
Vnitr Lek. 1995 Jul; 41(7):441-4.VL

Abstract

This one-year open study conducted in two centres investigated the 24-hour effectiveness of the ACE inhibitor perindopril in the treatment of 31 patients with mild or moderate hypertension. The investigation evaluated the so-called "through" effect, i.e. the effect of the drug at the end of the 24-hour dosage period. Monotherapy with perindopril (4 mg or 8 mg administered once a day) led to normalization of the diastolic pressure to values lower than 90 mmHg in 48% of the patients, and a combination of perindopril with hydrochlorothiazide produced this effect in another 38% of patients. Treatment thus was able to normalize the diastolic blood pressure in 86% of patients. The mean decline of systolic pressure in a recumbent position was 17.6 mmHg and 13 mmHg for diastolic pressure assessed in a recumbent position 24 hours after ingestion of the drug. The reduction of blood pressure achieved after three months treatment persisted for the whole year. In 93% of the patients the diastolic pressure was at the end of one year lower than 95 mmHg. The drug was very well tolerated and in none of the patients the treatment had to be discontinued because of undesirable side-effects. Perindopril is a significant contribution to the spectrum of drugs used in the treatment of hypertension because of its 24-hour effectiveness and very good tolerance.

Authors+Show Affiliations

Klinika kardiologie IPVZ, Praha.No affiliation info availableNo affiliation info available

Pub Type(s)

Clinical Trial
Controlled Clinical Trial
English Abstract
Journal Article
Multicenter Study

Language

cze

PubMed ID

7571476

Citation

Widimský, J, et al. "[24-hour Effectiveness and Tolerance of Perindopril (Prestarium), an ACE Inhibitor, in the Treatment of Mild to Moderate Hypertension. a 1-year Czech and Slovak Study]." Vnitrni Lekarstvi, vol. 41, no. 7, 1995, pp. 441-4.
Widimský J, Fedelesová V, Uhlír O. [24-hour effectiveness and tolerance of perindopril (Prestarium), an ACE inhibitor, in the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension. A 1-year Czech and Slovak study]. Vnitr Lek. 1995;41(7):441-4.
Widimský, J., Fedelesová, V., & Uhlír, O. (1995). [24-hour effectiveness and tolerance of perindopril (Prestarium), an ACE inhibitor, in the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension. A 1-year Czech and Slovak study]. Vnitrni Lekarstvi, 41(7), 441-4.
Widimský J, Fedelesová V, Uhlír O. [24-hour Effectiveness and Tolerance of Perindopril (Prestarium), an ACE Inhibitor, in the Treatment of Mild to Moderate Hypertension. a 1-year Czech and Slovak Study]. Vnitr Lek. 1995;41(7):441-4. PubMed PMID: 7571476.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - [24-hour effectiveness and tolerance of perindopril (Prestarium), an ACE inhibitor, in the treatment of mild to moderate hypertension. A 1-year Czech and Slovak study]. AU - Widimský,J, AU - Fedelesová,V, AU - Uhlír,O, PY - 1995/7/1/pubmed PY - 1995/7/1/medline PY - 1995/7/1/entrez SP - 441 EP - 4 JF - Vnitrni lekarstvi JO - Vnitr Lek VL - 41 IS - 7 N2 - This one-year open study conducted in two centres investigated the 24-hour effectiveness of the ACE inhibitor perindopril in the treatment of 31 patients with mild or moderate hypertension. The investigation evaluated the so-called "through" effect, i.e. the effect of the drug at the end of the 24-hour dosage period. Monotherapy with perindopril (4 mg or 8 mg administered once a day) led to normalization of the diastolic pressure to values lower than 90 mmHg in 48% of the patients, and a combination of perindopril with hydrochlorothiazide produced this effect in another 38% of patients. Treatment thus was able to normalize the diastolic blood pressure in 86% of patients. The mean decline of systolic pressure in a recumbent position was 17.6 mmHg and 13 mmHg for diastolic pressure assessed in a recumbent position 24 hours after ingestion of the drug. The reduction of blood pressure achieved after three months treatment persisted for the whole year. In 93% of the patients the diastolic pressure was at the end of one year lower than 95 mmHg. The drug was very well tolerated and in none of the patients the treatment had to be discontinued because of undesirable side-effects. Perindopril is a significant contribution to the spectrum of drugs used in the treatment of hypertension because of its 24-hour effectiveness and very good tolerance. SN - 0042-773X UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/7571476/[24_hour_effectiveness_and_tolerance_of_perindopril__Prestarium__an_ACE_inhibitor_in_the_treatment_of_mild_to_moderate_hypertension__A_1_year_Czech_and_Slovak_study]_ L2 - https://medlineplus.gov/highbloodpressure.html DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -