Tags

Type your tag names separated by a space and hit enter

[Atrioventricular conduction before and after the radiofrequency catheter ablation of a nodal reentry tachycardia circuit].
Cardiologia. 1994 Aug; 39(8):565-75.C

Abstract

Aim of our study was to retrospectively evaluate atrioventricular conduction 24 hours after selective radiofrequency catheter ablation of the fast pathway or after selective ablation of the slow pathway of the atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia circuit. Electrophysiologic modifications were retrospectively analyzed in 47/48 patients successfully submitted to fast pathway ablation and in 90/93 patients successfully submitted to slow pathway ablation. The atrioventricular conduction intervals (P-Q and A-H), both anterograde and retrograde Wenckebach point, the effective refractory period of atrioventricular node and the atrioventricular node function curve were evaluated before and after selective radiofrequency catheter ablation of slow and fast pathway. We identified the fast pathway ablation potential as: A:V ratio > or = 2:1, His electrogram < or = 150 microV. The slow pathway potential was identified as the widest, sharpest and latest atrial electrogram recorded during sinus rhythm in the posteroseptal region of the atrioventricular junction or as the widest, sharpest and earliest observed during retrograde conduction. We observed a significant increase in the P-Q and A-H intervals in patients submitted to fast pathway ablation, while no significant modification of these parameters was appreciated in patients submitted to slow pathway ablation. No significant modification of anterograde Wenckebach point (NS) was observed in patients submitted to successfully ablation of fast pathway while a statistically significant increase in anterograde Wenckebach point (p = 0.03) was observed in patients submitted to slow pathway ablation. After selective fast pathway ablation, retrograde conduction was absent in 82.9% of patients submitted to ablation; in the remaining 17.1% a significant increase of retrograde Wenckebach point was observed.(

ABSTRACT

TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS)

Authors+Show Affiliations

Dipartimento di Cardiologia e Cardiochirurgia, Università degli Studi Federico II, Napoli.No affiliation info availableNo affiliation info availableNo affiliation info availableNo affiliation info availableNo affiliation info availableNo affiliation info availableNo affiliation info availableNo affiliation info available

Pub Type(s)

Comparative Study
English Abstract
Journal Article

Language

ita

PubMed ID

7805072

Citation

Pappone, C, et al. "[Atrioventricular Conduction Before and After the Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of a Nodal Reentry Tachycardia Circuit]." Cardiologia (Rome, Italy), vol. 39, no. 8, 1994, pp. 565-75.
Pappone C, De Simone A, Stabile G, et al. [Atrioventricular conduction before and after the radiofrequency catheter ablation of a nodal reentry tachycardia circuit]. Cardiologia. 1994;39(8):565-75.
Pappone, C., De Simone, A., Stabile, G., Senatore, G., Lamberti, F., Solimene, F., Turco, P., Santomauro, M., & Chiariello, M. (1994). [Atrioventricular conduction before and after the radiofrequency catheter ablation of a nodal reentry tachycardia circuit]. Cardiologia (Rome, Italy), 39(8), 565-75.
Pappone C, et al. [Atrioventricular Conduction Before and After the Radiofrequency Catheter Ablation of a Nodal Reentry Tachycardia Circuit]. Cardiologia. 1994;39(8):565-75. PubMed PMID: 7805072.
* Article titles in AMA citation format should be in sentence-case
TY - JOUR T1 - [Atrioventricular conduction before and after the radiofrequency catheter ablation of a nodal reentry tachycardia circuit]. AU - Pappone,C, AU - De Simone,A, AU - Stabile,G, AU - Senatore,G, AU - Lamberti,F, AU - Solimene,F, AU - Turco,P, AU - Santomauro,M, AU - Chiariello,M, PY - 1994/8/1/pubmed PY - 1994/8/1/medline PY - 1994/8/1/entrez SP - 565 EP - 75 JF - Cardiologia (Rome, Italy) JO - Cardiologia VL - 39 IS - 8 N2 - Aim of our study was to retrospectively evaluate atrioventricular conduction 24 hours after selective radiofrequency catheter ablation of the fast pathway or after selective ablation of the slow pathway of the atrioventricular nodal reentrant tachycardia circuit. Electrophysiologic modifications were retrospectively analyzed in 47/48 patients successfully submitted to fast pathway ablation and in 90/93 patients successfully submitted to slow pathway ablation. The atrioventricular conduction intervals (P-Q and A-H), both anterograde and retrograde Wenckebach point, the effective refractory period of atrioventricular node and the atrioventricular node function curve were evaluated before and after selective radiofrequency catheter ablation of slow and fast pathway. We identified the fast pathway ablation potential as: A:V ratio > or = 2:1, His electrogram < or = 150 microV. The slow pathway potential was identified as the widest, sharpest and latest atrial electrogram recorded during sinus rhythm in the posteroseptal region of the atrioventricular junction or as the widest, sharpest and earliest observed during retrograde conduction. We observed a significant increase in the P-Q and A-H intervals in patients submitted to fast pathway ablation, while no significant modification of these parameters was appreciated in patients submitted to slow pathway ablation. No significant modification of anterograde Wenckebach point (NS) was observed in patients submitted to successfully ablation of fast pathway while a statistically significant increase in anterograde Wenckebach point (p = 0.03) was observed in patients submitted to slow pathway ablation. After selective fast pathway ablation, retrograde conduction was absent in 82.9% of patients submitted to ablation; in the remaining 17.1% a significant increase of retrograde Wenckebach point was observed.(ABSTRACT TRUNCATED AT 250 WORDS) SN - 0393-1978 UR - https://www.unboundmedicine.com/medline/citation/7805072/[Atrioventricular_conduction_before_and_after_the_radiofrequency_catheter_ablation_of_a_nodal_reentry_tachycardia_circuit]_ DB - PRIME DP - Unbound Medicine ER -