- Purification, characterization, molecular modeling and docking study of fish waste protease. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Biol Macromol 2018 Oct 15; 118(Pt A):569-583
- In the present study, the alkaline protease has been extracted from the fish processing waste using ammonium sulphate fractionation followed by ion-exchange chromatography on sephadex G-25 and on DEA...
In the present study, the alkaline protease has been extracted from the fish processing waste using ammonium sulphate fractionation followed by ion-exchange chromatography on sephadex G-25 and on DEAE column with a 4.0 fold increase in purification of yield 7.7%. The molecular weight of the purified protease was found to be 33 kDa as determined by SDS-PAGE. The optimum temperature was found to be 30 °C at pH 8. The activation energy (Ea) for casein hydrolysis and temperature quotient (Q10) was found to be 38.25 kJ/mol and 1.65, respectively. The kinetic constants km, Vmax, kcat, and kcat/km and thermodynamic parameters ΔH*, ΔS*, ΔG*, ΔG*E-S, and ΔG*E-T revealed high affinity of the fish protease for casein. Using CD spectroscopy it was found that the fish protease has 32.7% alpha-helical, 32.8% β-turn and 34.5% random coil. 3D structure of target protein was predicted by homology modeling. Ramachandran plot revealed that the total residues in favored, allowed and outlier regions are 96.6%, 2.3%, and 1.1% residues. The biological function of the modeled fish protease was predicted by COACH based on the I-TASSER model, suggests that the fish protease may be exploited as biocatalyst in various industrial applications and processes. AutoDock 4.2.6. was used to study the protein-ligand interactions, which may lead to the discovery of novel semisynthetic enzymes from renewable biowaste.
- [An experimental in vitro study of antioxidant and antiradical properties of cytoflavin, vinpocetine, actovegin and ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate]. [Journal Article]
- ZNZh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 2016; 116(7):46-49
- CONCLUSIONS: The many-sided action of the drugs on the products of free radicals generated in the in vitro experiments has been shown. Only cytoflavin has the highest total antioxidant and antiradical activity. Vinpocetine has demonstrated similar, but somewhat less pronounced, activity. Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate and actovegin have shown only the nonspecific superoxide dismutase activity which was by times lower than that of cytoflavin and vinpocetine.
- Expression of p27Kip1 and E-cadherin in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Indonesian Patients. [Journal Article]
- ODOpen Dent J 2014; 8:136-43
- Cancer cells exhibit characteristic damage of DNA and its expression. The expression of the tumor suppressors E-cadherin and p27(Kip1) has been tested on 57 head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HN...
Cancer cells exhibit characteristic damage of DNA and its expression. The expression of the tumor suppressors E-cadherin and p27(Kip1) has been tested on 57 head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HNSCC) of Indonesian subjects. HNSCC tumor samples including both primary and (unrelated) nodal cases were obtained from the archives of Indonesian hospitals, in accordance with acknowledged ethical requirements. Only modest correlation was found between reduced expression of E-cadherin or p27(Kip1) with increased malignancy of primary and nodal growth. The observed strong correlation regardless of malignancy between the expressed levels of E-cadherin and p27(Kip1) suggests that also in combination these would not help to better predict the outcome of HNSCC.