- [An experimental in vitro study of antioxidant and antiradical properties of cytoflavin, vinpocetine, actovegin and ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate]. [Journal Article]
- ZNZh Nevrol Psikhiatr Im S S Korsakova 2016; 116(7):46-49
- CONCLUSIONS: The many-sided action of the drugs on the products of free radicals generated in the in vitro experiments has been shown. Only cytoflavin has the highest total antioxidant and antiradical activity. Vinpocetine has demonstrated similar, but somewhat less pronounced, activity. Ethylmethylhydroxypyridine succinate and actovegin have shown only the nonspecific superoxide dismutase activity which was by times lower than that of cytoflavin and vinpocetine.
- Expression of p27Kip1 and E-cadherin in Head and Neck Squamous Cell Carcinoma of Indonesian Patients. [Journal Article]
- ODOpen Dent J 2014; 8:136-43
- Cancer cells exhibit characteristic damage of DNA and its expression. The expression of the tumor suppressors E-cadherin and p27(Kip1) has been tested on 57 head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HN...
Cancer cells exhibit characteristic damage of DNA and its expression. The expression of the tumor suppressors E-cadherin and p27(Kip1) has been tested on 57 head and neck squamous cell carcinomas (HNSCC) of Indonesian subjects. HNSCC tumor samples including both primary and (unrelated) nodal cases were obtained from the archives of Indonesian hospitals, in accordance with acknowledged ethical requirements. Only modest correlation was found between reduced expression of E-cadherin or p27(Kip1) with increased malignancy of primary and nodal growth. The observed strong correlation regardless of malignancy between the expressed levels of E-cadherin and p27(Kip1) suggests that also in combination these would not help to better predict the outcome of HNSCC.