- Cesarean Scar Pregnancy, Incidence, and Recurrence: Five-Year Experience at a Single Tertiary Care Referral Center. [Journal Article]
- OGObstet Gynecol 2018 Oct 05
- CONCLUSIONS: There is a wide array of treatment modalities available for cesarean scar pregnancies. Women with a cesarean scar pregnancy are at risk for its recurrence in the future, although normal pregnancy after a cesarean scar pregnancy is also possible. Safe outcomes depend on timely diagnosis and multidisciplinary care by skilled clinicians.
- Management and evaluation of pregnant women with Takayasu arteritis. [Journal Article]
- AGArch Gynecol Obstet 2018 Oct 09
- CONCLUSIONS: Appropriate management of pregnant women with TA within the framework of antenatal care programs and adopting a multidisciplinary approach are key to ensure successful outcomes.
- Trends in primeval β-hCG level increment after fresh and frozen-thawed IVF embryo transfer cycles. [Journal Article]
- GEGynecol Endocrinol 2018 Oct 09; :1-6
- Mid-trimester beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (BHCG) levels are considerably higher in pregnancies resulting from frozen embryo transfer (FET) compared with fresh (FRET), leading to a higher false ...
Mid-trimester beta-human chorionic gonadotropin (BHCG) levels are considerably higher in pregnancies resulting from frozen embryo transfer (FET) compared with fresh (FRET), leading to a higher false positive rate in aneuploidy screening tests. We aimed to investigate the dynamics of BHCG increment and its predictive value for cycle outcome. A retrospective analysis of FRET and FET cycles. BHCG values on days 14 and 16 post embryo transfer were compared and stratified according to the number of sacs demonstrated on US scan at six weeks gestation, and pregnancy outcome (biochemical pregnancy, ectopic pregnancy, spontaneous abortion, and a singleton or twin birth). A prediction model for live birth was built. A total of 430 treatment cycles were analyzed. The average BHCG levels were significantly higher in FET compared with FRET group in nonviable pregnancies on day 14, 450 vs. 183 IU/L, p < .05 and day 16, 348 vs. 735 IU/L, p < .05, respectively. The increment of BHCG was significantly steeper in the FET compared with FRET group in biochemical pregnancies (F = 6.485, p = .012*). Optimal cutoff level for live birth prediction in the FRET group was 211 IU/L (sensitivity 84%, specificity 76.2%) for day 14 and 440 IU/L (sensitivity 86.0% and specificity 72.5%) for day 16. The increment in BHCG differed significantly between the FRET and FET cycles in nonviable pregnancies. Nevertheless, the difference in BHCG levels observed in the second trimester in pregnancies conceived after FRET and FET cycle may begin as early as the fourth week of pregnancy.
- Plasmacytoma variant translocation 1 (PVT1) regulates trophoblast viability, proliferation, and migration and is downregulated in spontaneous abortion. [Journal Article]
- AJAm J Reprod Immunol 2018 Sep 17; :e13048
- CONCLUSIONS: PVT1 regulates trophoblast cell function via modulation of a PVT1/miR-424/eIF5A pathway.
- [Impact of multiple morphological anomalies of the flagella on the outcomes of intracytoplasmic sperm injection for males with infertility]. [Journal Article]
- ZYZhonghua Yi Xue Za Zhi 2018 Sep 25; 98(36):2914-2919
- Objective: To evalute the clinical outcomes of intracytoplasmic sperm injection(ICSI) for infertility male with severe asthenospermia induced by multiple morphological anomalies of the flagella (MMA...
Objective: To evalute the clinical outcomes of intracytoplasmic sperm injection(ICSI) for infertility male with severe asthenospermia induced by multiple morphological anomalies of the flagella (MMAF). Methods: The clinical data of 15 patient with MMAF were retrospectively analyzed, who underwent ICSI treatment using hyponotic swelling test the "live" sperm in the Department of Reproductive Medicine of Yantai Yuhuangding Hospital from January 2011 to December 2016. Another 30 obstructive azoospermia (OA)patients are matched strictly who also accepted ICSI in the same treatment time. The two groups were compared in the couples'age, the body mass index(BMI), the duration of infertility, the retrieved oocytes, the number of ICSI oocytes, and the rates of fertilization, cleavage, transferrable embryos, good embryos, embryos implanted, clinical pregncncy, early abortion, singleton and twins. Results: After 27 cycles of ICSI, all of the MMAF patients achieved clinical pregnancy, including 11 cases of live birth, 2 cases of spontaneous abortion, and 2 cases of pregnancy maintenance. There were no significant difference between MMAF and OA groups in the couples'age and BMI, or the numbers of retrieved oocytes and ICSI oocytes(P>0.05), but the differences in the infertility duration had statistical meaning(P<0.001). No statistical differences were observed among groups in ICSI fertility rate(92.0% vs 91.6%), clesvage rate(95.4% vs 96.5%), high-quality embryonic rate(56.5% vs 57.5%), good blastocyst rate(23/61 vs 35/94), embryo implantation rate(20/48 vs 35/75), early abortion rate(4/19 vs 8/36), clinical pregncncy rate(15/27 vs 28/50), singleton rate (10/13 vs 20/25)and twinning rate(3/13 vs 5/25)(P>0.05). Conclusions: MMAF may not affect ICSI treatment outcomes, but genetic defects can be transmitted through ICSI. The affected couples should be informed of the necessity of prenatal genetic diagnosis before embryo implantation and the inevitable vertical transmission of genetic problems to the offspring.
- Evaluation of Osteopontin Gene Expression in Endometrium of Diabetic Rat Models Treated with Metformin and Pioglitazone. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Fertil Steril 2019; 12(4):293-297
- CONCLUSIONS: According to the high Opn expression and the possibility of increased adhesion of endometrial epithelial cells, the invasion of blastocyst may be affected and thus reduced. As pioglitazone significantly reversed the upregulation of Opn in diabetic rats, it may be considered as a therapeutic compound for treating T2D.
- The association of polymorphisms in promoter region of MMP2 and MMP9 with recurrent spontaneous abortion risk in Chinese population. [Journal Article]
- MMedicine (Baltimore) 2018; 97(40):e12561
- This study aimed to reveal the genetic association between polymorphisms in promoter region of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) and matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP9) and the risk of recurrent sponta...
This study aimed to reveal the genetic association between polymorphisms in promoter region of matrix metalloproteinase 2 (MMP2) and matrix metalloproteinase 9 (MMP9) and the risk of recurrent spontaneous abortion (RSA) in Chinese population.A total of 129 RSA patients and 116 relative controls were selected and the genotyping of polymorphism was conducted by polymerase chain reaction with sequencing. Genotype distribution of polymorphism in the control group was tested the status of Hardy-Weinberg equilibrium and then, genotype frequencies were compared between the case and control groups by chi-squared test. Odds ratio (OR) with the corresponding 95% confidence interval (95% CI) was computed to express the risk of RSA caused by polymorphism. Moreover, the linkage disequilibrium of polymorphisms in MMP2 was analyzed by Haploview software.CT genotype and T allele of rs243865 in MMP2 were significantly associated with the increased susceptibility to RSA in Chinese population (CT vs. CC: OR = 1.926, 95% CI = 1.101-3.368; T vs. C: OR = 1.751, 95% CI = 1.146-2.676). Similarly, CT genotype carriers of rs3918242 in MMP9 were obviously more in RSA patients than that of the controls (P = .037), which indicated it was associated with the risk of RSA occurrence (OR = 1.760, 95% CI = 1.034-2.995). So was T allele in RSA development (OR = 1.595, 95% CI = 1.061-2.398). Haplotypes C-T and T-C were also the risk factors of RSA (OR = 1.673, 95% CI = 1.103-2.536; OR = 2.171, 95% CI = 1.372-2.436).MMP2 rs243865 and MMP9 rs3918242 polymorphisms are significantly associated with the risk of RSA in Chinese population.
- Safety of Pregabalin in Pregnancy. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Clin Psychiatry 2018 Oct 02; 79(5)
- In different parts of the world, pregabalin is an approved treatment for neuropathic pain syndromes, fibromyalgia, partial-onset seizures, and generalized anxiety disorder. Few studies have examined ...
In different parts of the world, pregabalin is an approved treatment for neuropathic pain syndromes, fibromyalgia, partial-onset seizures, and generalized anxiety disorder. Few studies have examined the safety of pregabalin exposure during pregnancy. Among 4 studies identified through a PubMed search conducted in September 2018, one small study (exposed n = 30) recorded a major malformation rate of 3.3%, which was similar to that in unexposed controls. Another small study (exposed n = 30) recorded increased rates of spontaneous abortion (23.3%), preterm birth (25.0%), and major malformations (7.7%), none of which reached statistical significance even in unadjusted analyses. A third study (exposed n = 116) identified a significantly increased rate of major malformations (6.0%) but no increase in the rates of other adverse birth outcomes. The fourth and largest study (exposed n = 477 and n = 174; 2 datasets), which also presented the best statistical analysis, found no increase in the major malformation risk associated with pregabalin exposure. A subjective conclusion is that there is no clear signal that pregabalin exposure during pregnancy is associated with adverse gestational outcomes; however, this conclusion is limited by the consideration that all analyses were underpowered. Pregabalin use in pregnancy is therefore best restricted to circumstances in which the risk-benefit ratio is clearly favorable, and then, only after shared decision-making.
- Factors Contributing to Congenital Syphilis Cases - New York City, 2010-2016. [Journal Article]
- MMMMWR Morb Mortal Wkly Rep 2018 Oct 05; 67(39):1088-1093
- Congenital syphilis occurs when syphilis is transmitted from a pregnant woman to her fetus; congenital syphilis can be prevented through screening and treatment during pregnancy. Transmission to the ...
Congenital syphilis occurs when syphilis is transmitted from a pregnant woman to her fetus; congenital syphilis can be prevented through screening and treatment during pregnancy. Transmission to the fetus can occur at any stage of maternal infection, but is more likely during primary and secondary syphilis, with rates of transmission up to 100% at these stages (1). Untreated syphilis during pregnancy can cause spontaneous abortion, stillbirth, and early infant death. During 2013-2017, national rates of congenital syphilis increased from 9.2 to 23.3 cases per 100,000 live births (2), coinciding with increasing rates of primary and secondary syphilis among women of reproductive age (3). In New York City (NYC), cases of primary and secondary syphilis among women aged 15-44 years increased 147% during 2015-2016. To evaluate measures to prevent congenital syphilis, the NYC Department of Health and Mental Hygiene (DOHMH) reviewed data for congenital syphilis cases reported during 2010-2016 and identified patient-, provider-, and systems-level factors that contributed to these cases. During this period, 578 syphilis cases among pregnant women aged 15-44 years were reported to DOHMH; a congenital syphilis case was averted or otherwise failed to occur in 510 (88.2%) of these pregnancies, and in 68, a case of congenital syphilis occurred (eight cases per 100,000 live births).* Among the 68 pregnant women associated with these congenital syphilis cases, 21 (30.9%) did not receive timely (≥45 days before delivery) prenatal care. Among the 47 pregnant women who did access timely prenatal care, four (8.5%) did not receive an initial syphilis test until <45 days before delivery, and 22 (46.8%) acquired syphilis after an initial nonreactive syphilis test. These findings support recommendations that health care providers screen all pregnant women for syphilis at the first prenatal care visit and then rescreen women at risk in the early third trimester.
New Search Next
- Cytokines in relation to hCG are significantly altered in asymptomatic women with miscarriage - a pilot study. [Journal Article]
- RBReprod Biol Endocrinol 2018 Sep 28; 16(1):93
- CONCLUSIONS: We have shown that cytokines in relation to hCG after 4 weeks of gestation are significantly altered in women with miscarriage, promising potential as a prognostic biomarker.