- Study of the association of forkhead box P3 (FOXP3) gene polymorphisms with unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortions in Indian population. [Journal Article]
- JGJ Genet 2018; 97(2):405-410
- Recurrent spontaneous abortions (RSA) is defined as three or more consecutive pregnancy losses before 20 weeks of gestation. Various causes of RSA have been identified, still 50% cases remain unexpla...
Recurrent spontaneous abortions (RSA) is defined as three or more consecutive pregnancy losses before 20 weeks of gestation. Various causes of RSA have been identified, still 50% cases remain unexplained after evaluation. One of the causes of unexplained recurrent spontaneous abortions (URSA) is supposed to be the disruption of immunological tolerance at foeta-maternal interface. Regulatory T cells (Tregs) are responsible for the development of immune-tolerant environment at foetal-maternal interface and supports pregnancy. Forkhead/winged helix transcription factor (FOXP3) gene plays an important role in the development and function of Tregs. In URSA, Tregs (CD4+CD25+) are reduced in peripheral blood and decidua of pregnant women. This reduction of Tregs (CD4+CD25+) is associated with decreased expression of FOXP3 gene. This study evaluated the association between singlenucleotide polymorphisms (SNPs) in FOXP3 gene and URSA in Indian population. In this study, 100 patients with a history of URSA and 100 healthy ethnically matched women with at least one normal pregnancy and no abortion were included as case and control groups, respectively. Four SNPs of FOXP3 gene, two in the promoter region: -924A/G and -3279C/A, and two intronic, -20G/A and +459T/C, were genotyped by polymerase chain reaction-restriction fragment length polymorphism (PCR-RFLP). -924A/G and +459T/C polymorphisms were found to be associated with URSA. -3279C/A and -20G/A polymorphism were not found to be associated with URSA. The odds ratio (OR) of mutant allele G for -924A/G polymorphism was 2.5 (95% CI 1.7-3.8; P< 0.001) and mutant allele C for +459T/C polymorphism was 1.7 (95% CI 1.1-2.6; P= 0.01). For -20G/A polymorphism, only GG genotype was found in both URSA and controls. These results suggest that -924A/G and +459T/C polymorphisms of the FOXP3 gene might be associated with URSA and -20G/A polymorphism is likely to be rare in Indian population and might not be associated with URSA.
- Use of anti-Parkinson medication during pregnancy: a case series. [Journal Article]
- JNJ Neurol 2018 Jun 20
- CONCLUSIONS: Results in our case series suggest that levodopa, rasagiline, pramipexole, and ropinirole alone or in combination with each other may be considered relatively safe during pregnancy. Expected benefits and risks should be considered when prescribing anti-PD medication in pregnant women.
- Embryoscopy and karyotype findings of repeated miscarriages in recurrent pregnancy loss and spontaneous pregnancy loss. [Journal Article]
- JAJ Assist Reprod Genet 2018 Jun 18
- CONCLUSIONS: High rates of recurrent normal/abnormal karyotypes were observed in all groups with a majority of embryos presenting with recurrent abnormal morphology. Secondary RPL presented significantly more often with recurrent abnormal morphology compared to primary RPL. These findings offer prognostic information for the affected patient and might impact treatment choice.
- Reproductive life in women with celiac disease; a nationwide, population-based matched cohort study. [Journal Article]
- HRHum Reprod 2018 Jun 15
- How does celiac disease (CD) influence women's reproductive life, both prior to and after the diagnosis?
How does celiac disease (CD) influence women's reproductive life, both prior to and after the diagnosis?
- Clinical Features of Chromosome 6 Translocation in Male Carriers: A Report of 10 Cases and Review of the Literature. [Journal Article]
- MSMed Sci Monit 2018 Jun 18; 24:4162-4168
- CONCLUSIONS: Chromosome translocations involving chromosome 6 influence fertility status and lead to increased risk of miscarriage. Cytogenetic screening before opting for assisted reproductive technology and the breakpoints of chromosome 6 translocation should be considered for infertile male carriers.
- Trophoblast-Derived CXCL16 Decreased Granzyme B Production of Decidual γδ T Cells and Promoted Bcl-xL Expression of Trophoblasts. [Journal Article]
- RSReprod Sci 2018 Jan 01; :1933719118777638
- CONCLUSIONS: This study suggested that the CXCL16/CXCR6 axis may contribute to maintaining normal pregnancy by reducing the secretion of cytotoxic factor granzyme B of decidual γδ T cells and promoting the expression of antiapoptotic marker Bcl-xL of trophoblasts.
- [Effect and mechanism of Yunkang oral liquid in regulating endocrine system and VEGF signaling pathway and reducing abortion rate in recurrent abortion mice]. [Journal Article]
- ZZZhongguo Zhong Yao Za Zhi 2018; 43(9):1894-1900
- This experiment focuses on the effect of Yunkang oral liquid on abortion rate, endocrine system and VEGF signal pathway in Clark classical recurrent abortion model mice. RSA mice were randomly divded...
This experiment focuses on the effect of Yunkang oral liquid on abortion rate, endocrine system and VEGF signal pathway in Clark classical recurrent abortion model mice. RSA mice were randomly divded into model group, low, middle and high-dose groups and progesterone group. The normal pregnancy mice were included into normal group. Since the first day of pregnancy, the normal group and the RSA model group were given the same dose of distilled water, while low, middle and high-dose groups were given Yunkang oral liquid at the dose of 9, 18, 36 mL·kg¹·d⁻¹; progesterone group were given progesterone by 0.039 g·kg¹·d⁻¹. The mice were put to deathat the 15th day of pregnancy, and the embryo loss rate of each group was observed. Serum estradiol (E₂), progesterone (P), prolactin (PRL), luteinizing hormone (LH), follicle stimulating hormone (FSH) level were tested; the protein expressions of estrogen receptor(ER), progesterone receptor (PR), prolactin receptor (PRLR) in decidua and RAS, MAPK, VEGF, VEGFR-2 gene and protein expressions in deciduas were studied. The results showed that middle, high dose Yunkang and progesterone could significantly decrease the embryo loss rate of RSA mice. The levels of FSH, LH, PRL, P and E₂ in serum in Yunkang and progesterone groups were increased, and the serum levels of FSH, LH, and E₂ in Yunkang group were higher than those in progesterone group. Western blot analysis showed that Yunkang oral liquid and progesterone can significantly increase the expressions of PRLR, PR in the uterine decidua of RSA mice, and the expression of ER in Yunkang group was higher than that in progesterone group. Western blot and PCR showed that the Yunkang oral liquid and progesterone can significantly increase RAS, MAPK, VEGF, VEGFR-2 gene and protein expressions in the uterine decidua of RSA mice. The results showed that Yunkang oral liquid can effectively reduce the embryo loss rate of RSA model mice, increase the levels of FSH, LH, PRL, P and E₂ in serum, promote the expressions of PRLR, PR, ER protein in decidua and the RAS, MAPK, VEGF, VEGFR-2 gene and protein expressions in the decidua, improve the vascular remodeling of fetal interface, the endometrial receptivty, the development of decidua and the blastocyst implantation.
- Metabolomic Profiling of Plasma Samples from Women with Recurrent Spontaneous Abortion. [Journal Article]
- MSMed Sci Monit 2018 Jun 13; 24:4038-4045
- CONCLUSIONS: In our study, untargeted GC-MS was used to detect disturbance of metabolism occurs in RSA and targeted LC-MS further was used to show that plasma concentrations of two metabolites (lactic acid and 5-methoxytryptamine) were different in the RSA compared to the control group.
- [Influence of assisted reproductive technology and related factors on chromosomal abnormalities in early spontaneous abortions]. [Journal Article]
- ZYZhonghua Yi Xue Yi Chuan Xue Za Zhi 2018 Jun 10; 35(3):334-336
- CONCLUSIONS: Fetal chromosomal abnormalities are the main cause for spontaneous abortion during the first trimester regardless the ways of conception. Their incidence is associated with maternal age. FET is relatively safe as well as fresh ET. ART is a relatively safe treatment which does not increase the rate of fetal chromosomal abnormalities.
New Search Next
- Survival and weak chaos. [Journal Article]
- RSR Soc Open Sci 2018; 5(5):172181
- Survival analysis in biology and reliability theory in engineering concern the dynamical functioning of bio/electro/mechanical units. Here we incorporate effects of chaotic dynamics into the classica...
Survival analysis in biology and reliability theory in engineering concern the dynamical functioning of bio/electro/mechanical units. Here we incorporate effects of chaotic dynamics into the classical theory. Dynamical systems theory now distinguishes strong and weak chaos. Strong chaos generates Type II survivorship curves entirely as a result of the internal operation of the system, without any age-independent, external, random forces of mortality. Weak chaos exhibits (a) intermittency and (b) Type III survivorship, defined as a decreasing per capita mortality rate: engineering explicitly defines this pattern of decreasing hazard as 'infant mortality'. Weak chaos generates two phenomena from the normal functioning of the same system. First, infant mortality-sensu engineering-without any external explanatory factors, such as manufacturing defects, which is followed by increased average longevity of survivors. Second, sudden failure of units during their normal period of operation, before the onset of age-dependent mortality arising from senescence. The relevance of these phenomena encompasses, for example: no-fault-found failure of electronic devices; high rates of human early spontaneous miscarriage/abortion; runaway pacemakers; sudden cardiac death in young adults; bipolar disorder; and epilepsy.