- Urine Catecholamines in Children with Severe Enterovirus A71 infection: Comparison with Paediatric Septic Shock. [Journal Article]
- BBiomarkers 2018 Dec 06; :1-15
- CONCLUSIONS: The significantly elevated urine catecholamine concentrations in EV-A71-stage-4 patients support the hypothesis that hypercatecholaminemia-related heart failure is involved in severe EV-A71 infection. Urine catecholamines could be used as reliable biomarkers for differentiation of severe EV-A71 infection with or without heart failure and septic shock.
- Optimization and Pharmacological Characterization of Receptor-Mediated Gi/o Activation in Postmortem Human Prefrontal Cortex. [Journal Article]
- BCBasic Clin Pharmacol Toxicol 2018 Dec 03
- The biochemical abnormalities in transmembrane signal transduction mediated through G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) have been postulated as underlying pathophysiology of psychiatric diseases such...
The biochemical abnormalities in transmembrane signal transduction mediated through G protein-coupled receptors (GPCRs) have been postulated as underlying pathophysiology of psychiatric diseases such as schizophrenia and mood disorders. In the present study, the experimental conditions of agonist-induced [35 S]GTPγS binding in postmortem human brain membranes were optimized, and the responses induced by a series of agonists were pharmacologically characterized. The [35 S]GTPγS binding assay was performed in postmortem human prefrontal cortical membranes by means of filtration techniques, and standardized as to GDP concentration, membrane protein content, MgCl2 and NaCl concentrations in assay buffer, incubation period, and effect of white matter contamination. Under the standard assay conditions, the specific [35 S]GTPγS binding was stimulated by the addition of 15 compounds in a concentration-dependent manner. Of these agonists, R(+)-8-OH-DPAT, UK-14,304, DAMGO, and DPDPE showed apparently biphasic concentration-response curves. As for these four responses, only higher-potency site was pharmacologically characterized. The receptors involved in the responses investigated were 5-HT1A receptor (probed with R(+)-8-OH-DPAT or 5-HT), α2A -adrenoceptor (UK-14,304 or (-)-epinephrine), M2 /M4 mAChRs (carbachol), adenosine A1 receptor (adenosine), histamine H3 receptor (histamine), group II mGlu (L-glutamate), GABAB receptor (baclofen), μ-opioid receptor (DAMGO or endomophin-1), δ-opioid receptor (DPDPE or SNC-80), and NOP (nociceptin). Although dopamine also activated specific [35 S]GTPγS binding, this response was likely mediated via α2A -adrenoceptor, but not dopamine receptor subtypes. The present study provides us with fundamental aspects of the strategy for elucidation of probable abnormalities of neural signalling mediated by G-proteins activated through multiple GPCRs in the brain of psychiatric patients. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
- The Effects of Lidocaine with Epinephrine on Bupivacaine-Induced Cardiotoxicity. [Journal Article]
- TJTurk J Anaesthesiol Reanim 2018; 46(6):447-452
- CONCLUSIONS: These results reveal that LE has a protective effect against bupivacaine cardiotoxicity. In clinical application, the simultaneous application of LE and bupivacaine may reduce the risk of cardiotoxicity due to bupivacaine.
- Effect of Surgical-Site, Multimodal Drug Injection on Pain and Stress Biomarkers in Patients Undergoing Plate Fixation for Clavicular Fractures. [Journal Article]
- COClin Orthop Surg 2018; 10(4):455-461
- CONCLUSIONS: After internal fixation of the clavicular fracture, the surgical-site, multimodal drug injection effectively relieved pain on the day of the surgery without any complications. Therefore, we believe that SI is a safe and effective method for pain management after internal fixation of a clavicular fracture.
- Publisher Correction: Structural insights into binding specificity, efficacy and bias of a β2AR partial agonist. [Published Erratum]
- NCNat Chem Biol 2018 Nov 30
- In the version of this paper originally published, the structure for epinephrine shown in Figure 1a was redrawn with an extra carbon. The structure has been replaced in the HTML and PDF versions of t...
In the version of this paper originally published, the structure for epinephrine shown in Figure 1a was redrawn with an extra carbon. The structure has been replaced in the HTML and PDF versions of the article. The original and corrected versions of the structure are shown below.
- Hypothalamic POMC or MC4R deficiency impairs counterregulatory responses to hypoglycemia in mice. [Journal Article]
- MMMol Metab 2018 Nov 20
- CONCLUSIONS: In conclusion, hypothalamic Pomc as well as Mc4r, both of which are reduced in type 1 diabetic mice, are required for normal counterregulatory responses to hypoglycemia. Therefore, enhancing MC4R function may improve hypoglycemia counterregulation in diabetes.
- Single, short-time exposure to heat in a car during sunny day can decrease epinephrine concentration in autoinjectors: a real-life pilot study. [Journal Article]
- JAJ Allergy Clin Immunol Pract 2018 Nov 27
- Retrobulbar anaesthesia for adjustable strabismus surgery in adults: a prospective observational study. [Journal Article]
- CJCan J Ophthalmol 2018; 53(6):621-626
- CONCLUSIONS: Retrobulbar anaesthesia in the context of adult, adjustable strabismus surgery is a relatively safe and effective technique. It provides excellent intraoperative analgesia and akinesia. Retrobulbar anaesthesia enables for same-day suture adjustments to be reliably performed.
- Sonochemical synthesis of bismuth(III) oxide decorated reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite for detection of hormone (epinephrine) in human and rat serum. [Journal Article]
- USUltrason Sonochem 2019; 51:103-110
- Herein, we report an efficient electrochemical sensor strategy for determination of epinephrine based on Bi2O3 nanoparticle decorated reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite (Bi2O3@RGO). The Bi2O3@RGO w...
Herein, we report an efficient electrochemical sensor strategy for determination of epinephrine based on Bi2O3 nanoparticle decorated reduced graphene oxide nanocomposite (Bi2O3@RGO). The Bi2O3@RGO was prepared by simple ultrasonic method and then it's morphological and crystal structure aspects were well characterized by physiological instruments. The electrode-electrolyte interfacial properties were examined to ensure the catalytic ability of composite sensing towards EP. The composite was deposited on the multi-conventional screen-printed electrode and was found to be desirable performance toward EP oxidation. The amperometric EP sensing exhibited good reproducible and sensitive which able to detect as low as concentration of 2.14 nM. Furthermore, good reproducibility, long-term stability and repeatability were obtained from the electrode in experiment. Moreover, the EP sensing method was successfully applied in human and rat blood serum, the recoveries were validated by HPLC method. It indicates the reliability of the method in practical analysis.
New Search Next
- Molecular Docking Studies of Methamphetamine and Amphetamine-Related Derivatives as an Inhibitor against dopamine Receptor. [Journal Article]
- CCCurr Comput Aided Drug Des 2018 Dec 04
- The catecholamines such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine are neurotransmitters that regulate different physiological functions of the central nervous system. Some evidence suggest that th...
The catecholamines such as dopamine, norepinephrine, and epinephrine are neurotransmitters that regulate different physiological functions of the central nervous system. Some evidence suggest that the degeneration of dopamine neurons in the substantia nigra contributes in Parkinson's disease (PD), which is a neurodegenerative disorder and it is responsible for the major symptoms of PD. It is suggested that replenishment of striatal dopamine through the oral administration of the dopamine precursor, levodopa, can compensate the lack of endogenously produced dopamine. Some studies have shown the competitive inhibition of dopamine receptor such as methamphetamine, and other amphetamine-related derivatives, which block dopamine receptor activity to uptake dopamine.