- Protein kinases are involved in the cardioprotective effects activated by platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitor tirofiban at reperfusion in rats in vivo. [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Pharmacol 2018 May 17
- The thrombolytic effect of platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors (GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors) in myocardial infarction has been well established. Nevertheless, data on the mechanism of the cardioprot...
The thrombolytic effect of platelet glycoprotein IIb/IIIa inhibitors (GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors) in myocardial infarction has been well established. Nevertheless, data on the mechanism of the cardioprotective effect of GP IIb/IIIa inhibitors in ischemic-reperfusion injury (IR) are lacking. Sprague-Dawley rats received 120min of coronary ischemia and 180min of reperfusion. A GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor was given via continuous intravenous infusion at a rate of 2 ug/kg/min 30min prior to reperfusion with/without inhibitors of PKCε (chelerythrine), PI3 kinase and Akt (wortmannin), p38 MAPK (SB203582), p42/44 MAPK (PD98059) and ERK1/2 (u0126) 15min prior to the GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor. Protein isolation and analysis were performed by Western blot analysis. The cardioprotective effects were measured as the ratio of myocardial necrotic area to the area at risk (AAR) and the apoptotic index (AI) calculated as the percentage of myocytes positive for terminal deoxynucleotidyl transferase-mediated dUTP-biotin nick-end labeling of all myocytes stained by 4', 6-diamidino-2-phenylindole. The GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor reduced the ratio of myocardial necrotic area to AAR and AI, and also exerted an immediate cardioprotective effect by activating multiple signaling pathways including phosphorylation and activation of PKCε, PI3 kinase, Akt, p38 MAPK, p42/44 MAPK and ERK1/2. However, there were no significant increases in the phosphorylation of Raf and MEK1/2. We concluded that the GP IIb/IIIa inhibitor reduced the extent of cardiac IR and significantly ameliorate the apoptosis of myocytes in the rats. In addition, the cardioprotective effect was mediated through the activation of multiple signal transduction pathways.
- Tirofiban combined with rt-PA intraarterial thrombolysis improves the recanalization rate of acute middle cerebral artery occlusion in rabbits. [Journal Article]
- EREur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2018; 22(9):2888-2895
- CONCLUSIONS: Early application of tirofiban combined with rt-PA in intra-arterial thrombolysis for ultra-early cerebral ischemia can improve the recanalization rate of cerebral artery. The time of cerebral ischemia and hypoxia is short, and the neuronal ischemia-reperfusion injury is mild, whose thrombolysis effect is better than the single application of tirofiban or rt-PA.
- [Successful management of tirofiban-induced acute profound thrombocytopenia after percutaneous coronary intervention with left main trunk lesions: a case report]. [Journal Article]
- ZXZhonghua Xin Xue Guan Bing Za Zhi 2018 Apr 24; 46(4):307-308
- Tirofiban Positively Regulates β1 Integrin and Favours Endothelial Cell Growth on Polylactic Acid Biopolymer Vascular Scaffold (BVS). [Journal Article]
- JCJ Cardiovasc Transl Res 2018 Apr 25
- An unexpectedly high incidence of thrombosis in patients that received the polylactic acid bioresorbable vascular scaffold (BVS) suggests a delayed/incomplete endothelial repair with this stent. The ...
An unexpectedly high incidence of thrombosis in patients that received the polylactic acid bioresorbable vascular scaffold (BVS) suggests a delayed/incomplete endothelial repair with this stent. The anti-platelet agent tirofiban stimulates endothelial cell migration and proliferation, mediated by VEGF production. We investigated the tirofiban effect on the migration and adhesion of endothelial cells to BVS, in vitro. We performed human umbilical endothelial cell (HUVEC) cultures in the presence of BVS. Tirofiban, similarly to VEGF, increased the ability of HUVEC to grow on the vascular scaffold, compared to unstimulated or abciximab-treated cells. Tirofiban increased HUVEC expression of β1 and β3 integrins along with collagen and fibronectin. A role for β1 integrin in the "pro-adhesive and -migratory" signals elicited by tirofiban was suggested by use of an anti-β1-blocking antibody that prevented poly-levo-lactic acid vascular scaffold colonization. Our study suggests that tirofiban may improve the outcomes of patients receiving BVS by accelerating stent endothelization.
- The mechanism of exogenous adiponectin in the prevention of no-reflow phenomenon in type 2 diabetic patients with acute myocardial infarction during PCI treatment. [Journal Article]
- EREur Rev Med Pharmacol Sci 2018; 22(7):2169-2174
- CONCLUSIONS: Exogenous adiponectin further reduced the no-reflow phenomenon during PCI treatment of the patients with T2DM combined with AMI. The function of exogenous adiponectin is associated with the reduced myocardial and endothelial cell injury and the inhibited inflammation and apoptosis. The application of exogenous adiponectin can significantly improve the clinical outcomes.
- [Management of a massive cervical hematoma after insertion of a central venous catheter under tirofiban]. [Journal Article]
- MKMed Klin Intensivmed Notfmed 2018 Mar 27
- An 81-year-old woman with infarct-related cardiogenic shock was admitted to the cardiac catheterization laboratory. Coronary angiography revealed an occlusion of the ramus interventricularis anterior...
An 81-year-old woman with infarct-related cardiogenic shock was admitted to the cardiac catheterization laboratory. Coronary angiography revealed an occlusion of the ramus interventricularis anterior. Due to incomplete flow after the percutaneous coronary intervention with implantation of three coronary stents and high thrombus burden, tirofiban was given as a bail out therapy. A central venous catheter (CVC) aimed at the internal jugular vein was incidentally inserted in the common carotid artery, resulting in acute dyspnea and a hemorrhagic shock due to a massive cervical hematoma. Although the CVC is a frequently used intervention in critical care, the procedure still carries some risks of iatrogenic injury. Knowledge about the emergency management of CVC-associated complications is therefore essential.
- Adsorbed hollow fiber-based biological fingerprinting for the discovery of platelet aggregation inhibitors from Danshen-Honghua decoction. [Journal Article]
- JSJ Sep Sci 2018 Mar 23
- For lead compound discovery from natural products, hollow fiber cell fishing with chromatographic analysis is a newly developed method. In this study, an adsorbed hollow fiber-based biological finger...
For lead compound discovery from natural products, hollow fiber cell fishing with chromatographic analysis is a newly developed method. In this study, an adsorbed hollow fiber-based biological fingerprinting method was firstly developed to discover potential platelet aggregation inhibitors from Danshen-Honghua decoction. Platelets were seeded on the fiber and their survival rate was tested. Results indicated that more than 92% platelets survived during the whole operation process. Ranitidine and tirofiban were used as positive and negative control respectively to verify the reliability of the presented approach. The main variables such as amount of extract and stirring time that affect the adsorbed hollow fiber-based biological fingerprinting process were optimized, and the repeatability of this method was also investigated. Finally, 12 potential active compounds in Danshen-Honghua decoction were successfully detected using the established approach and structures for nine of them were tentatively identified by liquid chromatography with mass spectrometry analysis. In addition, the in vitro platelet aggregation inhibition test was carried out for five of the nine hit compounds, and three active components, namely, lithospermic acid, salvianolic acid A, and salvianolic acid B were confirmed. These results proved that the proposed method could be an effective approach for screening platelet inhibitors from plant extracts.
- Evaluation of related factors, prediction and treatment drugs of no-reflow phenomenon in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction after direct PCI. [Journal Article]
- ETExp Ther Med 2018; 15(4):3940-3946
- This study determined the related factors of no-reflow phenomenon in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) after direct percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), and ...
This study determined the related factors of no-reflow phenomenon in patients with acute ST-segment elevation myocardial infarction (STEMI) after direct percutaneous coronary intervention (PCI), and evaluated related factor scores in predicting the occurrence of no-reflow phenomenon and drug treatments. A total of 203 patients with acute STEMI receiving PCI who were admitted to the Department of Cardiovascularology, Xiangyang No. 1 People's Hospital, Hubei University of Medicine (Xiangyang, China) from January 2015 to December 2016 were selected. The clinical and image data were analyzed to determine the related factors of no-reflow phenomenon after operation, and related factor scores were quantified to predict the occurrence of no-reflow phenomenon. Three drugs (diltiazem, nitroglycerin and tirofiban needles) were continuously injected in coronary arteries of patients with no-reflow phenomenon, and the effects of these drugs were analyzed. There were 38 patients (18.7%) with no-reflow phenomenon. The correlation analysis showed that 10 factors were associated with no-reflow phenomenon, in which five factors were identified as risk factors, including IRA open-up time ≥8 h, SBP <100 mmHg, Hs-CRP >18 mg/l, thrombus loads, length of the culprit vessel ≥20 mm. The score analysis of related factors of 38 patients with no-reflow phenomenon was conducted. Three points were set for five risk factors each, and 1 point was set for the other five factors each. It was found that the score was approximately normally distributed. The average was 11.5±1.57 points and the lower limit of 95% confidence interval was >8.93 points. The effective rates of three drugs were different (P<0.05), and the pairwise comparison showed their effective rates were not fully identical (P<0.05). The results showed that: i) Τhere are 10 related factors, including five risk factors; ii) related factors with the score ≥9 points can be used for clinical prediction of STEMI after direct PCI; and iii) it is obviously effective to use diltiazem needle and tirofiban needle to treat no-reflow phenomenon, but this conclusion lacks statistical support.
- Thrombus resolution with tirofiban in the conservative management of patients presenting with plaque erosion. [Journal Article]
- CACoron Artery Dis 2018; 29(4):301-308
- CONCLUSIONS: In patients with ACS caused by plaque erosion who were managed conservatively without stenting, tirofiban provided additional benefit in reducing residual thrombus without an increased risk for bleeding.
New Search Next
- Impact of pre-procedural dual antiplatelet therapy on periprocedural myocardial infarction in patients undergoing percutaneous coronary interventions with adjunctive tirofiban. [Journal Article]
- TRThromb Res 2018; 164:17-23
- CONCLUSIONS: In patients undergoing PCI with adjunctive GP IIb-IIIa inhibitors, preprocedural DAPT and baseline platelet reactivity are not associated to the risk of periprocedural myocardial infarction or myonecrosis. These data further support the role of periprocedural Gp IIb-IIIa inhibitors in order to overcome any suboptimal inhibition of platelet aggregation at the time of the procedure due to drug-resistance or delayed (downstream) administration of ADP antagonists, especially in complex high-risk procedures.