- Functional Immunomics of the Squash Bug, Anasa tristis (De Geer) (Heteroptera: Coreidae). [Journal Article]
- IInsects 2013; 4(4):712-30
- The Squash bug, Anasa tristis (De Geer), is a major piercing/sucking pest of cucurbits, causing extensive damage to plants and fruits, and transmitting phytopathogens. No genomic resources to facilit...
The Squash bug, Anasa tristis (De Geer), is a major piercing/sucking pest of cucurbits, causing extensive damage to plants and fruits, and transmitting phytopathogens. No genomic resources to facilitate field and laboratory studies of this pest were available; therefore the first de novo exome for this destructive pest was assembled. RNA was extracted from insects challenged with bacterial and fungal immunoelicitors, insects fed on different cucurbit species, and insects from all life stages from egg to adult. All treatments and replicates were separately barcoded for subsequent analyses, then pooled for sequencing in a single lane using the Illumina HiSeq2000 platform. Over 211 million 100-base tags generated in this manner were trimmed, filtered, and cleaned, then assembled into a de novo reference transcriptome using the Broad Institute Trinity assembly algorithm. The assembly was annotated using NCBIx NR, BLAST2GO, KEGG and other databases. Of the >130,000 total assemblies 37,327 were annotated identifying the sequences of candidate gene silencing targets from immune, endocrine, reproductive, cuticle, and other physiological systems. Expression profiling of the adult immune response was accomplished by aligning the 100-base tags from each biological replicate from each treatment and controls to the annotated reference assembly of the A. tristis transcriptome.
- Photodistributed blue-gray pigmentation of the skin associated with long-term imipramine use. [Case Reports]
- IJInt J Dermatol 2002; 41(6):327-9
- A 72-year-old white woman presented with progressively increasing slate-gray pigmentation of the face and extensor aspect of the forearms, which she had been suffering from for 8 years. She had been ...
A 72-year-old white woman presented with progressively increasing slate-gray pigmentation of the face and extensor aspect of the forearms, which she had been suffering from for 8 years. She had been taking imipramine for approximately 30 years. Her other medications included ranitidine and anacin. Physical examination revealed slate-gray hyperpigmentation of the skin photodistributed on the face (Figs 1, 2) and extensor aspects of the forearms. Relative sparing of the skin folds, mucous membranes, sclerae, teeth, and nails was noted. The remainder of the physical examination revealed no abnormalities. Skin biopsy specimens from the right cheek and right forearm were obtained. Histologic examination revealed collections of variably sized, round to ovoid, yellow-brown globular deposits in the upper and mid dermis (Fig. 2). The deposits were identified within macrophages and free within the dermis. The epidermis was unremarkable and free of deposits. The deposits stained for melanin with a Fontana-Masson stain, but did not stain for iron.
- A comparison of enteric-coated aspirin granules with plain and buffered aspirin: a report of two studies. [Journal Article]
- AJAm J Gastroenterol 1986; 81(1):26-8
- Reported herein are two endoscopic studies performed to compare the gastrointestinal mucosal effects of encapsulated enteric-coated aspirin granules with several other well-known aspirin products. Th...
Reported herein are two endoscopic studies performed to compare the gastrointestinal mucosal effects of encapsulated enteric-coated aspirin granules with several other well-known aspirin products. The first study compared the effects of Ascriptin A/D, Bayer, Bufferin, and 325 mg enteric-coated aspirin granules (325 mg Ecotrin capsules); the second study compared Anacin Arthritis Pain Formula, Arthritis Strength Bufferin, Ascriptin A/D, Bayer, and 500 mg enteric-coated aspirin granules (500 mg Ecotrin capsule). In both of these studies the Ecotrin capsule induced less stomach damage than did any of the other aspirin products tested. The Ecotrin capsule was also shown to cause less damage to the proximal duodenum than did Bayer.
- Tubectomy camp: Dhariwal. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Christ Med Assoc India 1971; 46(10):539-43
- THE LATENCY OF PRICKING-PAIN SENSATION. I. THE EFFECT OF ACETOPHENETIDIN AND ANACIN. II. THE EFFECT OF REPEATED STIMULATION. [Journal Article]
- JPJ Psychol 1965; 59:101-8