Did you mean: ()?
- Summative Usability Evaluation of the SCTE-AI Device: A Novel Prefilled Autoinjector for Subcutaneous Testosterone Administration. [Journal Article]
- JSJ Sex Med 2018 Nov 01
- CONCLUSIONS: The SCTE-AI development process resulted in a subcutaneous, TE autoinjection device that is intuitive to use, with clear labeling and packaging and an easy-to-understand IFU, providing an option for T-deficient adult males to self-inject subcutaneously at home.Results of this usability validation study indicate that the SCTE-AI device is safe and intuitive to use, with a low potential for harm and is associated with a high rate of injection success, regardless of prior training or experience. Arora S, Moclair B, Murphy K, et al. Summative Usability Evaluation of the SCTE-AI Device: A Novel Prefilled Autoinjector for Subcutaneous Testosterone Administration. J Sex Med 2018;XX:XXX-XXX.
- A 52-Week Study of Dose-Adjusted Subcutaneous Testosterone Enanthate in Oil Self-Administered via Disposable Auto-injector. [Journal Article]
- JUJ Urol 2018 Oct 05
- CONCLUSIONS: Dose-adjusted SCTE-AI demonstrated a steady serum TT PK profile, with small peak and trough fluctuations. SCTE-AI was safe, well tolerated, and virtually painless, indicating that SCTE-AI offers a testosterone delivery system that is a convenient weekly option for treatment of testosterone deficiency.
- Effect of testosterone replacement therapy on sexual function and glycemic control among hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes mellitus. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Impot Res 2018 Aug 22
- We investigated the effect of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) on glycemic control and sexual function among hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). From the EARTH study, 86 patie...
We investigated the effect of testosterone replacement therapy (TRT) on glycemic control and sexual function among hypogonadal men with type 2 diabetes mellitus (T2DM). From the EARTH study, 86 patients (47 in the TRT and 39 in the non-TRT groups) with a diagnosis of T2DM were extracted. We collected data on waist circumference, body mass index, body fat volume, free testosterone, hemoglobin (Hb), fasting blood sugar, and hemoglobin A1c (HbA1c) at baseline and after 12 months. Aging Male Symptoms (AMS) score and International Prostate Symptom Score were obtained. Sexual function was assessed by questions 15 (sexual ability), 16 (morning erections), and 17 (sexual desire) of AMS subscores. The TRT group received intramuscular testosterone enanthate (250 mg) injections every 4 weeks for 12 months. Body fat percentage, Hb, and HbA1c were significantly improved in the TRT group. In addition, sexual ability and frequency, and sexual desire showed a significant improvement in the TRT group after 1 year TRT. On the other hand, any parameters including glycemic control and sexual functions were not significantly improved in non-TRT groups. One-year TRT can improve sexual function and glycemic control among hypogonadal men with T2DM.
- Testosterone undecanoate and testosterone enanthate injections are both effective and safe in transmen over 5 years of administration. [Journal Article]
- CEClin Endocrinol (Oxf) 2018 Jul 19
- CONCLUSIONS: Preliminary results from this pilot study suggest that administration of either TU or TE for 5 years in young transmen is both effective and safe. Our study presents the longest follow-up published so far reporting no adverse events and these data are consistent with previous reports with a shorter follow-up.
- Ovary stereological features and serum biochemical factors following induction of polycystic ovary syndrome with testosterone enanthate in mice: An experimental study. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Reprod Biomed (Yazd) 2018; 16(4):267-274
- CONCLUSIONS: Testosterone enanthate induced PCOS causes stereological features in the ovary, increases the oxidative stress and inflammatory markers in mice.
- Anterior hypopituitarism in a patient with amyloidosis secondary to Crohn's disease: a case report. [Journal Article]
- JMJ Med Case Rep 2018 Jun 22; 12(1):174
- CONCLUSIONS: Pituitary amyloid infiltration should be considered in patients with a known systemic amyloidosis who develop symptoms of hypopituitarism and magnetic resonance imaging features compatible with protein deposits.
- Recommendations for the Use of Testosterone in Male Transgender. [Journal Article]
- RBRev Bras Ginecol Obstet 2018; 40(5):275-280
- Gender incongruence is defined as a condition in which an individual self-identifies and desires to have physical characteristics and social roles that connote the opposite biological sex. Gender dys...
Gender incongruence is defined as a condition in which an individual self-identifies and desires to have physical characteristics and social roles that connote the opposite biological sex. Gender dysphoria is when an individual displays the anxiety and/or depression disorders that result from the incongruity between the gender identity and the biological sex. The gender affirmation process must be performed by a multidisciplinary team. The main goal of the hormone treatment is to start the development of male physical characteristics by means of testosterone administration that may be offered to transgender men who are 18 years old or over. The use of testosterone is usually well tolerated and improves the quality of life. However, there is still lack of evidence regarding the effects and risks of the long-term use of this hormone. Many different pharmacological formulations have been used in the transsexualization process. The most commonly used formulation is the intramuscular testosterone esters in a short-term release injection, followed by testosterone cypionate or testosterone enanthate. In the majority of testosterone therapy protocols, the male physical characteristics can be seen in almost all users after 6 months of therapy, and the maximum virilization effects are usually achieved after 3 to 5 years of regular use of the hormone. To minimize risks, plasmatic testosterone levels should be kept within male physiological ranges (300 to 1,000 ng/dl) during hormonal treatment. It is recommended that transgender men under androgen therapy be monitored every 3 months during the 1st year of treatment and then, every 6 to 12 months.
- The effect of resveratrol on oxidative stress in the liver and serum of a rat model of polycystic ovary syndrome: An experimental study. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Reprod Biomed (Yazd) 2018; 16(3):149-158
- CONCLUSIONS: Results indicated that the induction of PCOS in rats increased lipid peroxidation and insulin resistance and resveratrol improved these complications.
- Cross talk between androgen and Wnt signaling potentially contributes to age-related skeletal muscle atrophy in rats. [Journal Article]
- JAJ Appl Physiol (1985) 2018 Aug 01; 125(2):486-494
- We sought to determine whether age-related gastrocnemius muscle mass loss was associated with parallel decrements in androgen receptor (AR) or select Wnt signaling markers. To test this hypothesis, s...
We sought to determine whether age-related gastrocnemius muscle mass loss was associated with parallel decrements in androgen receptor (AR) or select Wnt signaling markers. To test this hypothesis, serum-free and total testosterone (TEST) and gastrocnemius AR and Wnt signaling markers were analyzed in male Fischer 344 rats that were 3, 6, 12, 18, and 24 mo (mo) old ( n = 9 per group). Free and total TEST was greatest in 6 mo rats, and AR protein and Wnt5 protein levels linearly declined with aging. There were associations between Wnt5 protein levels and relative gastrocnemius mass ( r = 0.395, P = 0.007) as well as AR and Wnt5 protein levels (r = 0.670, P < 0.001). We next tested the hypothesis that Wnt5 affects muscle fiber size by treating C2C12-derived myotubes with lower (75 ng/ml) and higher (150 ng/ml) concentrations of recombinant Wnt5a protein. Both treatments increased myotube size ( P < 0.05) suggesting this ligand may affect muscle fiber size in vivo. We next tested if Wnt5a protein levels were androgen-modulated by examining 10-mo-old male Fischer 344 rats ( n = 10-11 per group) that were orchiectomized and treated with testosterone-enanthate (TEST-E); trenbolone enanthate (TREN), a nonaromatizable synthetic testosterone analogue; or a vehicle (ORX only) for 4 wk. Interestingly, TEST-E and TREN treatments increased Wnt5a protein in the androgen-sensitive levator ani/bulbocavernosus muscle compared with ORX only ( P < 0.05). To summarize, aromatizable and nonaromatizable androgens increase Wnt5a protein expression in skeletal muscle, age-related decrements in muscle AR may contribute Wnt5a protein decrements, and our in vitro data imply this mechanism may contribute to age-related muscle loss. NEW & NOTEWORTHY Results from this study demonstrate androgen and Wnt5 protein expression decrease with aging, and this may be a mechanism involved with age-related muscle loss.
New Search Next
- Side effects of anabolic steroids used by athletes at Unaizah Gyms, Saudi Arabia: a pilot study. [Journal Article]
- JSJ Sports Med Phys Fitness 2018 Apr 20
- CONCLUSIONS: AAS products must be controlled by Saudi ministry of health and should not be taken randomly without the supervision of the healthcare professional.