- Association of plasma pentraxin-3 levels with coronary risk factors and the lipid profile: a cross-sectional study in Japanese patients with stable angina pectoris. [Journal Article]
- HVHeart Vessels 2018 May 22
- The aim of this study was to evaluate the relationships among the traditional risk factors, lipid profile, and pentraxin-3 in stable angina (SAP). Plasma pentraxin-3 and serum LDL, HDL, and high-sens...
The aim of this study was to evaluate the relationships among the traditional risk factors, lipid profile, and pentraxin-3 in stable angina (SAP). Plasma pentraxin-3 and serum LDL, HDL, and high-sensitivity CRP levels were measured in 163 SAP and 28 non-coronary artery disease (CAD) patients. Their relationships with five risk factors, hypertension (HT), dyslipidemia (DL), diabetes mellitus (DM), obesity (body mass index: BMI > 25 kg/m2), and high age (> 75 years), were evaluated. No significant difference was observed in the pentraxin-3 level between patients in SAP and in non-CAD [2.1 (1.4-3.5) ng/ml versus off 2.6 (1.6-3.8) ng/ml, P = 0.56). In SAP patients, pentraxin-3 levels decreased with more risk factors, according to the number of 3 traditional risk factors (HT, DL, and DM) and the number of 5 expanded risk factors (HT, DL, DM, obesity, and high age) (P for trend = 0.01 and 0.05, respectively). Pentraxin-3 showed a positive association with HDL (rs = 0.229; P = 0.050) and an inverse association with LDL (rs = - 0.224; P = 0.045). On multiple logistic regression, the number of 3 traditional risk factors was a significant predictor of pentraxin-3 levels (odds ratio = 0.444; 95% confidence interval 0.205-0.963, P = 0.040) in SAP patients. In SAP patients, the cardiovascular risk factor burden remained a negative impact on pentraxin-3 levels after multivariate analysis, suggesting that they have distinct roles in atherosclerosis.
- THE INCREASE OF EFFICIENCY OF TREATMENT IN PATIENTS WITH NON-STABLE ANGINA PECTORIS WITH USE OF NITROGEN OXIDE DONATOR WZROST SKUTECZNOŚCI LECZENIA CHORYCH Z NIESTABILNĄ DŁAWICĄ PIERSIOWĄ PRZY POMOCY DONORÓW TLENKU AZOTU. [Journal Article]
- WLWiad Lek 2018; 71(2 pt 2):299-302
- CONCLUSIONS: Conclusions: Comprehensive treatment of patients with NSAP using arginine hydrochloride is more effective than basic therapy, as evidenced by faster normalization of the clinical picture of the disease, laboratory blood parameters, and improvement of the function of the endothelium.
- [Assessment of Efficacy of Combined Pharmacotherapy With Fixed Perindopril/Amlodipine Combination in Patients With Combined Cardiovascular Pathology in Outpatient Practice]. [Journal Article]
- KKardiologiia 2018; (3):37-42
- to study effects of using fixed perindopril/amlodipine combination in complex treatment of patients with combined cardiac pathology in active observation mode, in comparison with other angiotensin co...
to study effects of using fixed perindopril/amlodipine combination in complex treatment of patients with combined cardiac pathology in active observation mode, in comparison with other angiotensin converting enzyme (ACE inhibitors) or angiotensin II receptor antagonists (ARA), including free combination with calcium channel blockers (CCB) in conditions of routine outpatient practice.
- Tuberculosis non-communicable disease comorbidity and multimorbidity in public primary care patients in South Africa. [Journal Article]
- AJAfr J Prim Health Care Fam Med 2018 Apr 11; 10(1):e1-e6
- CONCLUSIONS: High NCD comorbidity and multimorbidity were found among TB patients predicted by socio-economic disparity.
- Plasma Chemerin Levels Are Increased in ST Elevation Myocardial Infarction Patients with High Thrombus Burden. [Journal Article]
- CRCardiol Res Pract 2018; 2018:5812704
- CONCLUSIONS: Results from our study have demonstrated for the first time that chemerin levels were higher in STEMI patients with greater thrombus burden and higher level of inflammation.
- Clinical Acceptability Of Trimetazidine Modified-Release 80 mg Once Daily Versus Trimetazidine Modified-Release 35 mg Twice Daily In Stable Angina Pectoris. [Journal Article]
- CTCardiol Ther 2018 May 19
- CONCLUSIONS: TMZ MR 80 mg od and TMZ MR 35 mg bid have similar safety profiles. This new once-daily formulation could improve patient compliance with therapy, thereby enhancing clinical benefit.
- The association between eGFR in the normal or mildly impaired range and incident cadiovascular disease: Age and sex analysis. [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Intern Med 2018 May 14
- CONCLUSIONS: Although incident CVD differs in men and women, as well as in different age-groups, a higher eGFR even in the normal or mildly impaired range is associated with lesser incident CVD in men and women of all ages.
- The Effectiveness of Trimetazidine Treatment in Patients with Stable Angina Pectoris of Various Durations: Results from the CHOICE-2 Study. [Journal Article]
- ATAdv Ther 2018 May 15
- CONCLUSIONS: TMZ added to other antianginal therapies proved to be effective for reducing angina attacks and short-acting nitrate use, increasing angina-free walking distance, and improving patient well-being in a real-life setting, irrespective of angina duration, including patients with recently diagnosed angina. This provides an opportunity for intensification of treatment early on in the disease process, with the aim of decreasing angina burden and improving patient quality of life.
- Atrial fibrillation and ischemic events with rivaroxaban in patients with stable coronary artery disease (AFIRE): Protocol for a multicenter, prospective, randomized, open-label, parallel group study. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Cardiol 2018 May 02
- CONCLUSIONS: This study will be the first to assess the efficacy and safety of rivaroxaban monotherapy in NVAF patients with stable CAD.
New Search Next
- Magnetocardiography for the diagnosis of non-obstructive coronary artery disease1. [Journal Article]
- CHClin Hemorheol Microcirc 2018; 69(1-2):9-11
- Ischemic heart disease (IHD) remains a major public health burden worldwide. It is estimated that one third of adults in the United States has some form of IHD, including more than 17 million with co...
Ischemic heart disease (IHD) remains a major public health burden worldwide. It is estimated that one third of adults in the United States has some form of IHD, including more than 17 million with coronary artery disease (CAD) and nearly 10 million with angina pectoris . Nevertheless, the detection of myocardial ischemia in patients with presumed CAD remains a challenge in contemporary practice.