- Comparison of the 9-month intra-stent conditions and 2-year clinical outcomes after Resolute zotarolimus-eluting stent implantation between 3-month and standard dual antiplatelet therapy. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Cardiol 2018 Feb 16
- CONCLUSIONS: This OCT study indicated that reducing DAPT's duration may provide acceptable arterial healing in patients with implanted R-ZESs.
- Layer-specific global longitudinal strain reveals impaired cardiac function in patients with reversible ischemia. [Journal Article]
- EEchocardiography 2018 Feb 15
- CONCLUSIONS: In patients with SAP and preserved LVEF, layer-specific GLS at rest identifies patients with reversible ischemia. This seems to be evident only in patients with a true-positive SPECT, thus, 2DSTE at rest might improve the diagnostic accuracy of a positive SPECT.
- High-Sensitivity Cardiac Troponin I and the Diagnosis of Coronary Artery Disease in Patients With Suspected Angina Pectoris. [Journal Article]
- CCCirc Cardiovasc Qual Outcomes 2018; 11(2):e004227
- CONCLUSIONS: High-sensitivity cardiac troponin I concentration is an independent predictor of obstructive CAD in patients with suspected stable angina. Use of this test may improve the selection of patients for further investigation and treatment.
- Accelerated collagen turnover in women with angina pectoris without obstructive coronary artery disease: An iPOWER substudy. [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Prev Cardiol 2018 Jan 01; :2047487318758750
- Aim Collagens are major cardiac extracellular matrix components, known to be actively remodelled and accumulated during diffuse myocardial fibrosis. We evaluated whether accelerated collagen turnover...
Aim Collagens are major cardiac extracellular matrix components, known to be actively remodelled and accumulated during diffuse myocardial fibrosis. We evaluated whether accelerated collagen turnover described by neo-epitope biomarkers reflecting collagen formation and degradation separates patients with diffuse myocardial fibrosis from asymptomatic controls. Methods and results Seventy-one women with angina pectoris without significant coronary artery disease assessed by invasive coronary angiogram were included. Competitive enzyme-linked immunosorbent assays (ELISAs) measuring circulating protein fragments in serum assessed the formation and degradation of collagen type III (Pro-C3, C3M and C3C), IV (P4NP7S and C4M), V (Pro-C5 and C5M) and VI (Pro-C6 and C6M), and degradation of collagen type I (C1M). Serum samples from 32 age-matched asymptomatic women were included as controls. Symptomatic women presented significantly elevated levels of Pro-C6, C3C, C3M, C4M and C8-C ( p < 0.0001-0.0058) and significantly decreased levels of Pro-C3, C5M and C6M ( p < 0.0001-0.041), reflecting accelerated collagen turnover and an imbalanced collagen formation and degradation compared to controls. Cardiac magnetic resonance T1 mapping was performed to determine extracellular volume fraction and thus diffuse myocardial fibrosis. A significant association was identified between C5M and extracellular volume fraction by cardiac magnetic resonance ( p = 0.01). Conclusion Women with angina pectoris, but without significant obstructive coronary artery disease, showed an imbalanced collagen turnover compared to asymptomatic controls. The examined biomarkers are tools to monitor active collagen remodelling in patients with angina pectoris, in risk of developing myocardial fibrosis.
- Effect of Kuanxiong Aerosol () on Patients with Angina Pectoris: A Non-inferiority Multi-center Randomized Controlled Trial. [Journal Article]
- CJChin J Integr Med 2018 Feb 13
- CONCLUSIONS: KA is not inferior to NT in the remission of angina. Furthermore, in CCSII and III patients, KA is superior to NT, with a lower incidence of adverse reactions. (Registration No. ChiCTR-IPR- 15007204).
- Changes in inflammatory factors and prognosis of patients complicated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting. [Journal Article]
- ETExp Ther Med 2018; 15(1):949-953
- This study was designed to assess the relationship between changes in peripheral inflammatory factors of patients complicated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) undergoing coronary artery...
This study was designed to assess the relationship between changes in peripheral inflammatory factors of patients complicated with non-alcoholic fatty liver disease (NAFLD) undergoing coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) before and after operation, and their prognosis. A total of 68 patients with stable angina pectoris treated in Xinjiang Hospital who underwent CABG at some point between August of 2013 and August of 2015 were enrolled in the study, and divided into the NAFLD group (n=31) and the non-NAFLD group (n=37) according to the presence of the condition or its absence. Peripheral blood was drawn from the patients before and at 24 h and 1 month after the operation, and the expression levels of high-sensitivity C-reactive protein (hsCRP), soluble CD40 ligand (sCD40L), intercellular adhesion molecule-1 (ICAM-1) and matrix metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) were measured via standard enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay. Our results showed the expression levels of hsCRP and sCD40L of patients in both groups reached a peak 24 h after operation; and there were statistically significant changes compared with the levels before the operation and at 1 month after operation (p<0.01). However, there were no statistically significant differences in the expression levels between the two groups (p>0.05). The expression levels of ICAM-1 at each time-point in both groups were increased after the operation, but the changes were not statistically significant (p>0.05). The expression levels of MMP-9 increased after the operation, and the levels at 1 month after operation were significantly higher than those before operation and at 24 h after the operation (p<0.01). Importantly, the expression levels of MMP-9 of patients in the NAFLD group at 1 month after operation were significantly higher than those of patients in the non-NAFLD group at the same time, and the differences were statistically significant (p<0.01). Finally, logistic regression analysis showed that the expression level of MMP-9 was an important influencing factor for cardiovascular events after CABG (OR=1.182, p<0.05). Based on our findings, the expression levels of inflammatory factors in peripheral blood in patients complicated with NAFLD undergoing CABG differ from those who are not complicated, and the MMP-9 levels may be closely related to the prognosis of patients complicated with NAFLD.
- National Prevalence of Self-Reported Coronary Heart Disease and Chronic Stable Angina Pectoris: Factor Analysis of the Underlying Cardiometabolic Risk Factors in the Fourth Round of the SuRFNCD-2011. [Journal Article]
- GHGlob Heart 2018 Feb 09
- CONCLUSIONS: We report concerning prevalence of self-reported CHD and chronic stable angina pectoris in the adult population of Iran. The constellation of raised systolic and diastolic blood pressures was significantly predictive of the presence of self-reported CHD.
- Economic Evaluation of Safflower Yellow Injection for the Treatment of Patients with Stable Angina Pectoris in China: A Cost-Effectiveness Analysis. [Journal Article]
- JAJ Altern Complement Med 2018 Feb 12
- CONCLUSIONS: SYI combined with conventional treatment is a highly cost-effective therapy option compared with the conventional treatment for treatment of SAP in China.
- Chronic Physical Conditions, Multimorbidity, and Mild Cognitive Impairment in Low- and Middle-Income Countries. [Journal Article]
- JAJ Am Geriatr Soc 2018 Feb 10
- CONCLUSIONS: These results highlight the need to investigate the underlying mechanisms linking chronic conditions and MCI and whether prevention or treatment of chronic conditions or multimorbidity can reduce the onset of cognitive decline and subsequent dementia, especially in LMICs.
New Search Next
- Different network pharmacology mechanisms of Danshen-based Fangjis in the treatment of stable angina. [Journal Article]
- APActa Pharmacol Sin 2018 Feb 08
- Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) preparations such as Danhong injection, Danshen injection, Salvianolate injection, compound Danshen injection and Sodium Tanshinone IIA Sulfonate (STS) injection are wid...
Danshen (Salvia miltiorrhiza) preparations such as Danhong injection, Danshen injection, Salvianolate injection, compound Danshen injection and Sodium Tanshinone IIA Sulfonate (STS) injection are widely used in China to treat stable angina (angina pectoris) caused by coronary heart disease. In this study we compared the network pharmacological mechanisms of the 5 Danshen preparations. Following a literature search performed in PubMed, EMBASE, Cochrane Library, China National Knowledge Infrastructure (CNKI) database, China Biology Medicine (CBM) database, China Conference Paper Database, Wanfang Database, VIP Database and Conference Proceedings Citation Index (through January 2015), 444 randomized controlled trial publications detailing the use of the 5 Danshen-based injections for treating stable angina were identified, and their combined data were analyzed using a network meta-analysis. All of the 5 Danshen-based preparations were effective in treating stable angina with clinical improvement rates of 72.4%-91.6% and electrocardiogram (ECG) improvement rates of 54.5%-71.6%. According to both clinical improvement and ECG improvement, the 5 Danshen-based preparations were ranked as follows: Danhong injection > Salvianolate injection > STS injection > compound Danshen injection > Danshen injection. There were no significant differences among the safety profiles of the 5 Danshen preparations. The meta-analysis results were further examined using a network pharmacology approach and functional enrichment analysis, which revealed that Danshen and Danhong injections affected 4 and 15 signaling pathways, respectively, and that the 4 signaling pathways affected by Danshen were a subset of those influenced by Danhong. Therefore, Danhong injection affected some unique signaling pathways that might regulate lipoprotein metabolism, oxidation, and inflammation, and protect vascular endothelia, reflecting the multi-component and multi-target characteristics of this traditional formula and its strengths in treating complex diseases.