- Overall survival and mortality risk factors in Takayasu's arteritis: A multicenter study of 318 patients. [Journal Article]
- JAJ Autoimmun 2018 Aug 16
- CONCLUSIONS: The overall mortality in our Takayasu cohort was 5% after a median follow-up of 6.1 years. We identified specific characteristics that distinguish TA patients at highest risk for death and vascular complications.
- Extending the Boundaries of Total Endovascular Aortic Arch Repair. [Journal Article]
- JEJ Endovasc Ther 2018 Aug 20; :1526602818794652
- Case Series of Aortic Arch Aneurysm in Patients with Bovine Arch Treated with Proximal Scalloped and Fenestrated Stent Graft. [Journal Article]
- CICardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2018 Aug 17
- CONCLUSIONS: The Najuta stent graft repair of aortic arch aneurysms in patients with a bovine arch is a safe and effective treatment option, with good immediate and short-term results.
- Hybrid Repair for Ruptured Thoracic Aortic Aneurysm: Frozen Elephant Trunk Technique with Thoracic Endovascular Aortic Repair. [Journal Article]
- AVAnn Vasc Dis 2018 Jun 25; 11(2):236-238
- We present a case of ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm (TAA) with type B aortic dissection in which hybrid repair, namely, the frozen elephant trunk (FET) technique with thoracic endovascular aortic ...
We present a case of ruptured thoracic aortic aneurysm (TAA) with type B aortic dissection in which hybrid repair, namely, the frozen elephant trunk (FET) technique with thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR), was performed. The TAA extended to the proximal descending aorta at the level of the pulmonary trunk bifurcation. We thus employed the FET technique to control the blood flow into the TAA. After performing the FET technique, intraoperative catheter aortography revealed slight type 1B endoleak. We therefore performed additional TEVAR to control the blood flow into the TAA. The patient's postoperative course was uneventful.
- Current evidence in predictors of aortic growth and events in acute type B aortic dissection. [Review]
- JVJ Vasc Surg 2018 Aug 13
- CONCLUSIONS: Among several predictors of aortic growth and events in acute type B aortic dissection, controversial and even conflicting results have been described. Consistent evidence has been demonstrated only for two predictors: aortic size at presentation is associated with adverse events and total FL thrombosis has a protective role.
- Successful hybrid zone 0 landing TEVAR for ascending aortic pseudoaneurysm after Bentall procedure and coronary artery bypass grafting in Takayasu arteritis. [Journal Article]
- AVAnn Vasc Surg 2018 Aug 13
- Pseudoaneurysm at the suture line is one of the most common complications in aortic surgery for Takayasu arteritis (TA) and is associated with a high mortality rate. A 52-year-old man with TA, who pr...
Pseudoaneurysm at the suture line is one of the most common complications in aortic surgery for Takayasu arteritis (TA) and is associated with a high mortality rate. A 52-year-old man with TA, who previously underwent the Bentall procedure and two redo surgeries for coronary artery obstruction and a pseudoaneurysm of a coronary button, was diagnosed with an anastomotic pseudoaneurysm in the ascending aorta. Hybrid zone 0 debranching thoracic endovascular aortic repair was performed, and the patient was discharged uneventfully on postoperative day 8.
- A 3D printed aortic arch template to facilitate decision-making regarding the use of an externalized transapical wire during thoracic endovascular aneurysm repair. [Journal Article]
- AVAnn Vasc Surg 2018 Aug 13
- Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) is an established treatment option, though some anatomical challenges require a through-and-through wire technique, and subsequently transapical access via...
Thoracic endovascular aortic repair (TEVAR) is an established treatment option, though some anatomical challenges require a through-and-through wire technique, and subsequently transapical access via minithoracotomy can be required. It is clear that an objective tool to facilitate decision-making is needed. A 3D print of a severely angulated aortic arch was used as a template to advance a stent-graft and this was achieved after pulling the top of the wire. This simulation assisted in decision-making relating to transapical access with a wire externalization. A 3D aortic print could be used in advance to simulate the TEVAR procedure and facilitate any other decisions regarding additional transapical access.
- Preoperative Statin Use Not Associated with Improved Outcomes After Ascending Aortic Repair (91 / 100). [Journal Article]
- STSemin Thorac Cardiovasc Surg 2018 Aug 10
- CONCLUSIONS: Statins have no apparent clinical impact on perioperative outcomes after ascending aortic aneurysm repair. Considering recent evidence suggesting statins may increase perioperative risk of acute kidney injury, there is insufficient evidence to recommend starting preoperative statin before ascending aortic repair.
- Corrigendum to: 'Analysis of aortic area/height ratio in patients with thoracic aortic aneurysm and Type A dissection' [Eur J Cardiothorac Surg 2018; doi:10.1093/ejcts/ezy110]. [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Cardiothorac Surg 2018 Aug 07
New Search Next
- Variation in postacute care utilization after complex surgery. [Journal Article]
- JSJ Surg Res 2018; 230:61-70
- CONCLUSIONS: There is substantial variation in PAC utilization and rates of home discharge after abdominal and cardiovascular surgery. To reduce variation, further research is needed to understand health systems factors that influence PAC utilization.