- UHPLC-UV Method for Simultaneous Determination of Perindopril Arginine and Indapamide Hemihydrate in Combined Dosage Form: A Stability-Indicating Assay Method. [Journal Article]
- SPSci Pharm 2018 Feb 22; 86(1)
- Perindopril arginine and Indapamide hemihydrate in combination were proven to have a synergistic antihypertensive impact when compared with the use of each component alone. Therefore, a new Ultra-Hig…
Perindopril arginine and Indapamide hemihydrate in combination were proven to have a synergistic antihypertensive impact when compared with the use of each component alone. Therefore, a new Ultra-High Performance Liquid Chromatography coupled with Ultraviolet detector (UHPLC-UV) method has been developed and subsequently validated for simultaneous determination of the anti-hypertensive combination of Perindopril arginine and Indapamide hemihydrate. The separation of Perindopril arginine and Indapamide hemihydrate was achieved using a BEH C18 (1.7 μm, 2.1 × 50 mm) analytical column (Waters® Acquity UPLC) and a mobile phase composed of 0.01% v/v formic acid in water adjusted to pH 4 with acetic acid and acetonitrile (40:60 v/v). The method was able to separate Perindopril arginine and Indapamide hemihydrate within less than 4.5 min with high accuracy, precision, resolution, and sensitivity. The content of Perindopril arginine and Indapamide hemihydrate present in the dosage form Coversyl Plus® (5000 µg of Perindopril arginine/1250 µg of Indapamide hemihydrate) was determined in triplicate to give a concentration of 4991 µg and 1247 µg, respectively, from the manufacturer's stated amounts with Relative Standard Deviation (%RSD) of ±0.63% for Perindopril arginine and ±0.84% for Indapamide hemihydrate. Moreover, the degradation products of the combination were elucidated by UHPLC-Quadrupole Time of Flight-Mass spectrometry (UHPLC-QToF-MS) under acidic, basic, and thermal conditions. In conclusion, the developed UHPLC-UV method was sensitive, rapid, and precise. Furthermore, forced degradation studies were performed and the degradants were identified by UHPLC-Electro-Spray Ionization-QToF (UHPLC-ESI-QToF).
- Blood pressure control and acceptability of perindopril and its fixed dose combinations with amlodipine or indapamide, in younger patients with hypertension. [Multicenter Study]
- IHIndian Heart J 2014 Nov-Dec; 66(6):635-9
- CONCLUSIONS: In patients requiring combination antihypertensive treatment, the regimen of perindopril alone or its FDC with Indapamide or amlodipine reduces blood pressure effectively, resulting in high rates of blood pressure control over the short term, with a low frequency of side effects including cough and pedal edema.
- Coversyl plus--when monotherapy is not enough. [News]
- CJCardiovasc J S Afr 2001 Jun-Jul; 12(3):179-80