- Ankle Arthrodesis with Simultaneous Lengthening of the Lower Limb Using the Ilizarov Fixator. [Journal Article]
- OTOrtop Traumatol Rehabil 2018 Dec 31; 20(6):465-474
- CONCLUSIONS: 1. The outcomes of a comprehensive treatment con-sisting of ankle arthrodesis and lower-leg leng-then-ing using the Ilizarov method confirm its effec-tiveness. 2. The Ilizarov Fixator allows early weight-bearing of the operated limb and evaluation at all treat-ment stages, creating an optimal biological envi-ron-ment for bone healing. 3. The patient recovers functionally to allow satis-fac-tory and pain-free functioning as well as re-sum-ption of daily responsibilities. The low inci-den-ce of complications adds to the attractiveness of the method.
- [Repairing tibial post-traumatic osteomyelitis with bone and skin defect by Ilizarov technique at stage I]. [Journal Article]
- ZGZhongguo Gu Shang 2015; 28(12):1125-8
- CONCLUSIONS: Repairing tibial post-traumatic osteomyelitis with bone and skin defect by llizarov technique at stage I has advantages of less trauma, low inflammatory recurrence rate, could avoid multiple complex operation, and receive definite curative effect.
- Differences in lower limb bone mineral density in children with anisomelia. [Journal Article]
- OTOrtop Traumatol Rehabil 2002 Dec 30; 4(6):694-702
- CONCLUSIONS: The results of these tests may have great significance in the case of densitometric monitoring of regenerated bone being formed in the course of lower limb by the Ilizarow method.
- The Ilizarov method in the treatment of pilon fractures. [Journal Article]
- OTOrtop Traumatol Rehabil 2002 Aug 30; 4(4):427-33
- CONCLUSIONS: The Ilizarov technique is a safe and very effective method for the treatment of pilon fractures.
- [The value of methods of bone regeneration evaluation in limb lengthening by the Wagner, Ilizarov methods and by physeal distraction]. [Journal Article]
- CNChir Narzadow Ruchu Ortop Pol 2005; 70(4):235-41
- Limb lengthening is a long-lasting process, and during new bone formation different complications may occur. Due to this, early diagnosis of disturbances of new bone formation leading to such complic…
Limb lengthening is a long-lasting process, and during new bone formation different complications may occur. Due to this, early diagnosis of disturbances of new bone formation leading to such complications is of importance. The goal of this study is to analyze already used methods of regenerate evaluation. Material consists of retrospective data of 237 patients, who underwent limb lengthening between 1983 and 2002 by one of three methods: Wagner method, Ilizarow method and physeal distraction. During femoral lengthening by Wagner method appropriate shape of regenerate according to Hamanishi was observed in 9 cases (29.0%), and during tibia lengthening--only in 1 case (6.7%). During femoral lengthening by physeal distraction appropriate shape of regenerate (A or B according to Hamanishi) was observed in 24 cases (77.4%), and during tibia lengthening--in 11 cases (78.6%). During femoral lengthening by Ilizarow method appropriate shape of regenerate was observed in 51 cases (72.9%), and during tibia lengthening--in 46 cases (66.7%). Only in Wagner method a correlation between abnormal regenerate shape and bone consolidation complications was noted. Methods of evaluation of bone regeneration during distraction osteogenesis give only descriptive assessment. So far parameters applied for evaluation of distraction osteogenesis in Ilizarow method and physeal distraction do not allow for detailed assessment of bone regeneration process.