- Human anti-thrombospondin type 1 domain-containing 7A antibodies induce membranous nephropathy through activation of lectin complement pathway. [Journal Article]
- BRBiosci Rep 2018 May 16
- To investigate whether the human anti-thrombospondin type 1 domain-containing 7A (THSD7A) antibody-induced membranous nephropathy is mediated by activating lectin complement pathway. Automatic bioche...
To investigate whether the human anti-thrombospondin type 1 domain-containing 7A (THSD7A) antibody-induced membranous nephropathy is mediated by activating lectin complement pathway. Automatic biochemical apparatus was used to assess renal function of mice. The serum levels of anti-THSD7A antibodies and complement were tested by using Enzyme-linked immunosorbent assay (ELISA). The expression level of THSD7A and Mannose-Binding Lectin (MBL) in clinical tissue, and the histological features of MN in mice were examined by immunochemical methods. We found that THSD7A, MBL and complement expression level from patients with circulating anti-THSD7A antibodies was significantly higher than that in normal group. Furthermore,difference of renal function in anti-THSD7A antibody-containing serum treatment groups and control groups was significant. Meanwhile, human anti-THSD7A autoantibodies activated the complement system and induced the histological features of MN in mice. In conclusion, human anti-THSD7A antibodies induce membranous nephropathy through activating MBL lectin complement pathway in mice.
- Concurrent isolated IgG2-positive membranous nephropathy and malignant B-cell lymphoma. [Journal Article]
- CCCEN Case Rep 2018 May 15
- A recent systematic review showed that hematological malignancy is often complicated by membranous nephropathy (MN). Histologically, the deposition of IgG subclasses other than IgG4 may imply seconda...
A recent systematic review showed that hematological malignancy is often complicated by membranous nephropathy (MN). Histologically, the deposition of IgG subclasses other than IgG4 may imply secondary MN, such as malignancy-associated MN (M-MN). We describe a very rare case of concurrent isolated IgG2-positive MN and B-cell lymphoma. An 83-year-old woman was hospitalized at our institute for facial and lower extremity edema persisting for 2 months. Laboratory tests showed urinary protein level of 10.8 g/day, serum albumin level of 1.6 g/dl, and serum creatinine level of 2.34 mg/dl. Soon after diagnosis of nephrotic syndrome, treatment with corticosteroid was initiated, but it proved to be ineffective. Renal biopsy showed isolated IgG2-positive MN with highly infiltrated CD20-positive lymphoid cells in the kidney. Computed tomography revealed systemic lymphadenopathy, and aberrant B-cells with immunoglobulin light chain restriction were detected in peripheral blood and bone marrow, which led to the diagnosis of mature B-cell lymphoma. Although rituximab (375 mg/m2/week) was administered, the patient suddenly died from gastrointestinal bleeding on day 40 of hospitalization. It is, thus, necessary to consider hematological malignancy when a diagnosis of MN is made. Further studies are expected to elucidate the pathogenesis and to help establish the adequate treatment for this rare situation.
- StatPearls [BOOK]
- BOOKStatPearls Publishing: Treasure Island (FL)
- Membranous nephropathy (MN) is an immune complex deposition disease. IgG and complements predominantly deposit beneath the podocytes on the sub-epithelial region of glomerular capillaries. Hence, the...
Membranous nephropathy (MN) is an immune complex deposition disease. IgG and complements predominantly deposit beneath the podocytes on the sub-epithelial region of glomerular capillaries. Hence, the sub-epithelial deposits are considered to be pathognomonic for MN. Glomerular basement membrane (GBM) injury due to immune deposition causes podocyte structural damage which results in proteinuria. Autoimmune diseases, medications, malignancies, infections, among others, are responsible for generating antibodies that account for about 25% of MN (secondary MN). In about 75% cases of MN, the Inciting events for these immune depositions are not known, but specific antigen-antibody complexes have been discovered (primary MN).
- Diagnostic Test Accuracy of Serum Anti-PLA2R Autoantibodies and Glomerular PLA2R Antigen for Diagnosing Idiopathic Membranous Nephropathy: An Updated Meta-Analysis. [Journal Article]
- FMFront Med (Lausanne) 2018; 5:101
- CONCLUSIONS: sPLA2R and gPLA2R demonstrated a good diagnostic accuracy in differentiating iMN and non-iMN.
- Plasma microRNA panel is a novel biomarker for focal segmental glomerulosclerosis and associated with podocyte apoptosis. [Journal Article]
- CDCell Death Dis 2018 May 10; 9(5):533
- Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) is a frequent glomerular disease, and is the common cause of nephrotic syndrome. However, there is no validated diagnostic blood biomarker for FSGS. Here, we...
Focal segmental glomerulosclerosis (FSGS) is a frequent glomerular disease, and is the common cause of nephrotic syndrome. However, there is no validated diagnostic blood biomarker for FSGS. Here, we performed a real-time PCR-based high-throughput miRNA profiling to identify the plasma signature for FSGS. We found four miRNAs (miR-17, miR-451, miR-106a, and miR-19b) were significantly downregulated in the plasma of FSGS patients (n = 97) compared with healthy controls (n = 124) in the training, validation, and blinded-test phases. The miRNA panel produced an AUC value of 0.82, and was associated with FSGS severity and histologic classification. A three-miRNA panel, including miR-17, miR-451, and miR-106a was related to FSGS remission. Furthermore, the downregulation of plasma-miRNA signature was not detected in disease controls (n = 119) such as IgA nephropathy (IgAN), mesangial proliferative glomerulonephritis (MSPGN), and membranous nephropathy (MN), and the miRNA panel discriminated between FSGS and disease controls. Pathway analysis showed that the four-miRNA panel may cooperatively regulate the pathways involved in the development of FSGS, such as apoptosis. We identified that phosphatase and tensin homolog (PTEN), Bcl-2-like protein 11 (BCL2L11), and chemokine (C-X-C motif) ligand 14 (CXCL14) were targets of miR-106a in human podocyte. Additionally, miR-106a overexpression suppressed podocyte apoptosis in vitro and the downregulation of four-miRNA panel probably resulted in the enhanced apoptosis in podocyte during FSGS development. Taken together, our data show that the plasma-miRNA panel is a potential independent diagnostic and prognostic factor for FSGS. Above miRNAs are involved in FSGS pathogenesis through regulating podocyte apoptosis.
- Segmental membranous nephropathy with severe IgG3 deposition. [Journal Article]
- PIPediatr Int 2018 May 09
- Clinical Outcomes of Kidney Transplantation in Patients With Biopsy-Proven Glomerulonephritis. [Journal Article]
- TPTransplant Proc 2018; 50(4):1009-1012
- CONCLUSIONS: Recurrent GN remains a significant cause of graft loss in KT recipients. Surveillance of GN recurrence in the KT recipients with biopsy-proven GN can reduce allograft dysfunction.
- Therapeutic Effect of a Novel Nano-Drug Delivery System on Membranous Glomerulonephritis Rat Model Induced by Cationic Bovine Serum. [Journal Article]
- APAAPS PharmSciTech 2018 May 03
- In order to explore a novel high efficacy drug delivery system for membranous glomerulonephritis (MGN), a complex chronic inflammation, methylprednisolone bovine serum albumin nanoparticles (ME BSA N...
In order to explore a novel high efficacy drug delivery system for membranous glomerulonephritis (MGN), a complex chronic inflammation, methylprednisolone bovine serum albumin nanoparticles (ME BSA NPs) were designed. The nanoparticles were prepared by desolvation-chemical crosslinking method and its physicochemical characterizations were conducted. The experimental MGN rat models induced by cationic bovine serum albumin were established by a modified Border's method and applied in the pharmacodynamics study of ME BSA NPs. The results showed that the particle size, particle dispersion index, and entrapment efficiency of ME BSA NPs were 131.1 ± 3.4 nm, 0.159 ± 0.036, and 71.51 ± 1.74%, respectively. In addition, the image of transmission electron microscopy showed that the ME BSA NPs were the relatively uniform spherical particles. In the in vivo pharmacodynamics study, compared with saline group and SOLU-MEDROL® group, that the ME BSA NPs group was significantly reduced the levels of 24 h urinary protein (P < 0.01) and serum creatinine (P < 0.05). Consequently, these outcomes indicated that the nanoparticles we studied were a promising drug delivery system for the MGN disease, and it may be also useful for other complex chronic inflammations.
- The Role of PLA2R Antibody in Treatment of Membranous Nephropathy. [Journal Article]
- KIKidney Int Rep 2018; 3(2):498-501
New Search Next
- Efficacy and Safety of Rituximab in Hepatitis B Virus-Associated PLA2R-Positive Membranous Nephropathy. [Journal Article]
- KIKidney Int Rep 2018; 3(2):486-491