- Outcomes after surgical resection of lower eyelid tumors and reconstruction using a nasal chondromucosal graft and an upper eyelid myocutaneous flap. [Journal Article]
- JFJ Fr Ophtalmol 2018 May 16
- CONCLUSIONS: In malignant tumors, complete surgical excision with histological margins adapted to tumor type prevents local recurrence in most cases. Our repair strategy of nasal chondromucosal graft and skin-muscle flap for large inferior eyelid defects provides good functional and aesthetic results.
- [Preliminary study on the expression of EGFRvⅢ and CXCR4 in head and neck squamous cell carcinoma]. [Journal Article]
- LCLin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2017 Jun 05; 31(11):817-821
- Objective: The aim of this study is to detect the expression of EGFRvⅢ and CXCR4 in HNSCC and to explore its possible mechanism. Method:We selected 60 cases of HNSCC from May 2013 to November 2016 in...
Objective: The aim of this study is to detect the expression of EGFRvⅢ and CXCR4 in HNSCC and to explore its possible mechanism. Method:We selected 60 cases of HNSCC from May 2013 to November 2016 in our hospital for surgical treatment, including 44 cases of laryngeal squamous cell carcinoma, 14 cases of hypopharyngeal squamous cell carcinoma, and 2 cases of nasal squamous cell carcinoma. pTNM staging according to AJCC 2010, Ⅲ stage 17 cases, Ⅳa stage 40 cases, and Ⅳb stage 3 cases; according to tumor differentiation degree: 13 cases of high differentiation, moderately differentiation in 31 cases, and 16 cases of low differentiated; primary tumor, positive lymph node metastasis as the experimental group, and 10 cases of adjacent tissues are taken as control (control group). The expression of EGFRvⅢ and CXCR4 in primary tumor, metastasis and control group was observed by immunohistochemistry. The immunohistochemical results are semi quantitatively analyzed by Image-Pro Plus. All analyses were conducted using the SPSS 23.0 and Graphpad-Prism 5.0. Result:The expression of EGFRvⅢ and CXCR4 in HNSCC is higher than control, which was not correlated with age, gender, location, degree of differentiation, T grading, and TNM stage (P>0.05). But there was a significant correlation with N grading (P<0.05). The pathology result shows lymph node metastasis in cancer tissues were high expression, but the difference in expression between primary and metastatic tumors are not statistically significant. There is no significant positive correlation between EGFRvⅢ and CXCR4 (r=0.144, P>0.05). Conclusion: Both EGFRvⅢ and CXCR4 promote the invasion and metastasis of advanced HNSCC, however, there may be some synergistic effect between them.
- Conservative thickness layers in Mohs micrographic surgery. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Dermatol 2018 May 17
- CONCLUSIONS: In the properly selected patient and anatomic location, CTL taken as the first stage in MMS can be an effective and time-saving technique, leaving wounds in optimal condition for granulation with a low complication rate. Tissue sparing may allow for more reconstructive options.
- Tumor volume as a prognostic marker in p16-positive and p16-negative oropharyngeal cancer patients treated with definitive intensity-modulated radiotherapy. [Journal Article]
- SOStrahlenther Onkol 2018 May 17
- CONCLUSIONS: pGTV may serve as an independent prognostic factor in p16-negative patients and nGTV may serve as an independent prognostic factor both in p16-positive and p16-negative patients treated with radiochemotherapy or radiotherapy using IMRT. Tumor volume may have an impact on selecting patients for de-escalation protocols in the future, both in p16-positive and p16-negative patients.
- [A case report of myoepithelial carcinoma in the nasal septum]. [Case Reports]
- LCLin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2016 Jun 20; 32(2):992-993
- Summary To explore the clinical features and treatment methods of myoepithelial carcinoma in the nasal septum.Myoepithelial carcinoma occurs in malignant epithelial tumors of the parotid region,from ...
Summary To explore the clinical features and treatment methods of myoepithelial carcinoma in the nasal septum.Myoepithelial carcinoma occurs in malignant epithelial tumors of the parotid region,from the nasal septum is more rare.The clinical feature of myoepithelial carcinoma in the nasal septum was atypical .The patients is mainly characterized by nasal obstruction,CT of tumor invasion nasal septum,on the right of the sinuses and lamina papyracea; pathology examination showed CK,S-100 protein and vimentin were positive,eventually,diagnosed with nasal septum myoepithelial carcinoma.
- [The role of lacrimal intubation in the surgery of nasal endoscopethrough trance anterior lacrimal recess approach]. [Journal Article]
- LCLin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2016 Jun 20; 32(2):991
- Metastasis to Paranasal Sinuses from Carcinoma of Prostate: Report of a Case and Review of the Literature. [Journal Article]
- CRCase Rep Otolaryngol 2018; 2018:5428975
- Metastasis from distant primary tumors is extremely rare in the paranasal sinuses with few hundred cases in the literature. Metastatic carcinoma of the prostate is even rarer, despite being one of th...
Metastasis from distant primary tumors is extremely rare in the paranasal sinuses with few hundred cases in the literature. Metastatic carcinoma of the prostate is even rarer, despite being one of the most common tumors, with only 24 cases published. In this article, we report a case of a 58-year-old male presenting with epistaxis and nasal obstruction as initial symptoms of a metastatic prostate carcinoma in the ethmoid cells and maxillary sinus.
- Deceptively bland cutaneous angiosarcoma on the nose mimicking hemangioma - a clinicopathologic and immunohistochemical analysis. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Cutan Pathol 2018 May 15
- CONCLUSIONS: Cutaneous angiosarcomas can be rather bland and may easily be mistaken for benign vascular tumors. Both cases presented a uniform clinical picture, which implied a malignant vascular tumor. In contrast, the cytomorphology of the endothelial cells and the immunohistochemical profile were not suspicious. We worked out subtle histological criteria, which should allow an early detection of such tumors. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
- An Unusual Presentation of Esthesioneuroblastoma in a Young Pregnant Female. [Journal Article]
- OOOcul Oncol Pathol 2018; 4(3):192-195
- CONCLUSIONS: This case highlights the progressive and fatal course of olfactory neuroblastoma. As it can present with the complex symptoms related to ocular and nasal sites, timely referral of patients presenting with visual symptoms along with nasal involvement (frequent epistaxis) to otorhinolaryngologists is very important.
New Search Next
- A Comparative Analysis of Endoscopic-Assisted Transoral and Transnasal Approaches to Parapharyngeal Space: A Cadaveric Study. [Journal Article]
- JNJ Neurol Surg B Skull Base 2018; 79(3):229-240
- Background Surgical resection of parapharyngeal space (PPS) tumors is very challenging. An endoscopic-assisted surgical approach to this region requires detailed and precise anatomic knowledge. The ...
Background Surgical resection of parapharyngeal space (PPS) tumors is very challenging. An endoscopic-assisted surgical approach to this region requires detailed and precise anatomic knowledge. The main purpose of this study is to describe and compare the detailed anatomy of the PPS via transnasal transpterygoid (TP) and endoscopic-assisted transoral (TO) approaches. Materials and Methods Six fresh injected cadaver heads (12 sides) were prepared for dissection of the PPS via TP and TO approaches. Computed tomography (CT) with image-based navigation (Navigation System II; Stryker, Kalamazoo, Michigan, United States) was used to identify bony structures around the PPS. Results TP and TO approaches could both expose the detailed anatomical structures in the PPS. The TP approach can provide a direct route to the upper PPS, but it is limited inferiorly by the hard palate and laterally by the medial and lateral pterygoid muscles. However, the TO approach can provide a direct route to the lower PPS, but it is difficult to expose the area around the Eustachian tube. The styloglossus and stylopharyngeus muscles could be considered as the safe anterior boundary of the parapharyngeal internal carotid artery (ICA) with the TO approach. Dissection between the stylopharyngeus muscle and the superior pharyngeal constrictor muscle provides direct access to the parapharyngeal ICA. Conclusion The TP and TO approaches provide new strategies to manage lesions in the PPS. The important neurovascular structures of the PPS could be identified with these approaches. The endoscopic-assisted TO approach can provide direct access to the parapharyngeal ICA.