- Nephrotic syndrome associated with metastatic thymoma treated with chemotherapy. [Journal Article]
- MMedicine (Baltimore) 2017; 96(1):e5408
- CONCLUSIONS: We conclude that chemotherapy for invasive thymoma is an effective treatment for nephrotic syndrome accompanying the thymoma.
- Tongue squamous cell carcinoma producing both parathyroid hormone-related protein and granulocyte colony-stimulating factor: a case report and literature review. [Journal Article]
- WJWorld J Surg Oncol 2016 Jun 17; 14(1):161
- CONCLUSIONS: In this case, it was considered that tumor-derived G-CSF and PTHrP caused leukocytosis and hypercalcemia.
- Severe Hyponatremia Presenting as Paraneoplastic Syndrome in a Patient with Small Cell Carcinoma of Gallbladder. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Coll Physicians Surg Pak 2016; 26(5):451-2
- A Case of Morvan Syndrome Mimicking Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis With Frontotemporal Dementia. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Clin Neuromuscul Dis 2016; 17(4):207-11
- CONCLUSIONS: It is difficult to differentiate between Morvan syndrome and amyotrophic lateral sclerosis with frontotemporal dementia with examination and neuroimaging alone. There may be a link between Morvan syndrome and prostate adenocarcinoma which could help with screening/diagnosis. The authors found that laboratory and neurophysiological tests are indispensable in diagnosing and treating Morvan syndrome.
- Rhabdomyolysis in hyponatremia and paraneoplastic syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis. [Journal Article]
- AMActa Myol 2015; 34(2-3):139-40
- We report a 26-year-old woman admitted to our hospital for generalized tonic seizure. Laboratory investigations revealed severe hyponatremia possibly triggered by vomiting and diarrhea. 24 hours afte...
We report a 26-year-old woman admitted to our hospital for generalized tonic seizure. Laboratory investigations revealed severe hyponatremia possibly triggered by vomiting and diarrhea. 24 hours after correction of hyponatremia she developed diffuse myalgias and marked hyperCKemia. Syndrome of inappropriate antidiuresis (SIAD) was suspected as cause of hyponatremia. Abnormal vaginal bleeding prompts gynecological evaluation and a small-cell carcinoma of uterine cervix was detected.
- Paraneoplastic syndromes (PNS) associated with Merkel cell carcinoma (MCC): A case series of 8 patients highlighting different clinical manifestations. [Journal Article]
- JAJ Am Acad Dermatol 2016; 75(3):541-7
- CONCLUSIONS: We did not have access to complete medical records on all patients so it was not possible to determine the prevalence of PNS in MCC.MCC can be associated with PNS similar to those found in other neuroendocrine cancers. Clinicians should be aware of these presentations as PNS often precede the identification of the underlying malignancy and usually resolve with appropriate treatment of the cancer.
- Primary Small Cell Carcinoma of the Pancreas Presenting With Likely Paraneoplastic Features. [Journal Article]
- ACACG Case Rep J 2016; 3(3):190-2
- Primary small cell carcinoma of the pancreas (SCCP) is a rare malignancy, and has been associated with paraneoplastic features in only 2 reported cases. We report a rare and fatal case of SCCP with l...
Primary small cell carcinoma of the pancreas (SCCP) is a rare malignancy, and has been associated with paraneoplastic features in only 2 reported cases. We report a rare and fatal case of SCCP with likely paraneoplastic features in a previously well 67-year-old woman presenting with abdominal pain. She was found to have abnormal biochemical markers (hyperkalaemia and hyponatraemia) with a normal abdominal CT. Emergency laparotomy identified a mass at the head of the pancreas and liver metastases, she died soon after, and diagnosis was confirmed post-mortem.
- [Paraneoplastic endocrine syndrome]. [Journal Article]
- RMRev Med Suisse 2016 Jan 27; 12(503):230-1
- Jerking & confused: Leucine-rich glioma inactivated 1 receptor encephalitis. [Case Reports]
- JNJ Neuroimmunol 2015 Dec 15; 289:84-6
- This is a case of autoimmune encephalitis with features of faciobrachial dystonic seizures (FBDS) pathognomonic for Leucine Rich Glioma inactivated (LGI)1 antibody encephalitis. This voltage-gated po...
This is a case of autoimmune encephalitis with features of faciobrachial dystonic seizures (FBDS) pathognomonic for Leucine Rich Glioma inactivated (LGI)1 antibody encephalitis. This voltage-gated potassium channel complex encephalitis is marked by rapid onset dementia, FBDS and hyponatremia, which is sensitive to management with immunotherapy including steroids, IVIG and other agents. In this case report we review the clinical features, imaging and management of this condition.
New Search Next
- Hyponatremia and Right Maxillary Sinus Mass. [Case Reports]
- JOJAMA Otolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2015; 141(11):1021-2