- Immunotherapy in Allergic Rhinitis: It's Effect on the Immune System and Clinical Symptoms. [Journal Article]
- OAOpen Access Maced J Med Sci 2018 Jul 20; 6(7):1248-1252
- CONCLUSIONS: Subcutaneous Immunotherapy for specific allergens decreases clinical symptoms in patients with allergic rhinitis and induces tolerance in T lymphocytes, especially by increasing T regulatory cells cytokines, TGF beta and IL10.
- Efficacy of Chinese herbal medicine in treatment of allergic rhinitis in children: a meta-analysis of 19 randomized controlled trials. [Journal Article]
- JIJ Int Med Res 2018 Aug 07; :300060518786905
- This study aimed to systematically evaluate the effect of Chinese herbal medicine (CHM) for treating allergic rhinitis in children. We reviewed relevant studies retrieved from the following databases...
This study aimed to systematically evaluate the effect of Chinese herbal medicine (CHM) for treating allergic rhinitis in children. We reviewed relevant studies retrieved from the following databases: MEDLINE (PubMed), Embase, Cochrane Central Register of Controlled Trials, Chinese National Knowledge Infrastructure, the Cqvip Database, and the Wanfang Database. The analysis was conducted by Cochrane software Revman 5.3. Nineteen randomized, controlled trials were included. Meta-analysis showed that CHM had advantages in the efficacy rate (odds ratio [OR] 3.32; 95% confidence interval [CI], 2.32-4.76), recurrence rate (OR 0.30; 95% CI, 0.18-0.49), scores of symptoms, such as sneezing (mean difference [MD] -1.24; 95% CI, -2.33 to -0.14), running nose (MD -1.32; 95% CI, -2.58 to -0.05), and nasal congestion (MD -0.70; 95% CI, -1.05 to -0.36), but not nasal itching (MD -1.37; 95% CI, -3.96 to 1.22), compared with controls. CHM could also effectively decrease immunoglobulin E levels (MD -46.01, 95% CI, -57.53 to -34.48). The current evidence suggests that CHM is more effective in treating allergic rhinitis in children compared with controls. CHM may also decrease the recurrence and level of immunoglobulin E, and improve symptoms such as sneezing, running nose, and nasal congestion, compared with controls.
- Effects of decongestant addition to intranasal corticosteroid for chronic rhinitis: a systematic review and meta-analysis. [Review]
- IFInt Forum Allergy Rhinol 2018 Jul 28
- CONCLUSIONS: Meta-analyses did not show benefits of topical decongestants addition to INCS. Adverse events of INCS-D were comparable with INCS.
- Evaluation of Montelukast for the Treatment of Children With Japanese Cedar Pollinosis Using an Artificial Exposure Chamber (OHIO Chamber). [Journal Article]
- ARAllergy Rhinol (Providence) 2018 Jan-Dec; 9:2152656718783599
- CONCLUSIONS: Although montelukast was well tolerated, this study did not demonstrate a treatment difference between active drug and placebo in Japanese children exposed to JC pollen in the OHIO Chamber.Trial Registry: ClinicalTrials.gov, NCT01852812.
- Development of a nasal spray containing xylometazoline hydrochloride and iota-carrageenan for the symptomatic relief of nasal congestion caused by rhinitis and sinusitis. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Gen Med 2018; 11:275-283
- CONCLUSIONS: Investigations on compatibility of xylometazoline HCl and iota-carrageenan demonstrated that the substances do not influence each other, allowing both to fulfill their known specific clinical efficacy (xylometazoline HCl) and effectiveness (iota-carrageenan).
- [Pregnancy Rhinitis - an Update]. [Journal Article]
- LLaryngorhinootologie 2018; 97(7):457-464
- Pregnancy rhinitis (PR), a common condition in pregnant women, is defined as long-lasting nasal congestion due to mucosal swelling and increased secretion without any signs of infection, allergy or t...
Pregnancy rhinitis (PR), a common condition in pregnant women, is defined as long-lasting nasal congestion due to mucosal swelling and increased secretion without any signs of infection, allergy or tumor, starting at any time during pregnancy and disappearing within 2 weeks of delivery. Smoking and a sensitization to house dust mites are known risk factors. While a definitive pathophysiological concept for PR does not exist, hormonal influences are discussed. We present a stepwise therapeutic strategy for PR and an overview to the latest literature.
- Involvement of T-Helper 9 Activation in a Mouse Model of Allergic Rhinitis. [Journal Article]
- MSMed Sci Monit 2018 Jul 08; 24:4704-4710
- CONCLUSIONS: AR is related to the changes of cytokines in TH1, TH2, TH9, TH17, and Treg, which are improved by IL-9 silencing. Activation of TH9 cells is involved in the pathogenesis of AR.
- Surgical Management of Nonallergic Rhinitis. [Review]
- OCOtolaryngol Clin North Am 2018 Jun 21
- Nonallergic rhinitis (NAR) describes chronic symptoms of nasal congestion, obstruction, and rhinorrhea unrelated to a specific allergen based on skin or serum testing. Vasomotor rhinitis is the most ...
Nonallergic rhinitis (NAR) describes chronic symptoms of nasal congestion, obstruction, and rhinorrhea unrelated to a specific allergen based on skin or serum testing. Vasomotor rhinitis is the most frequent subtype of NAR. Although medical management is the first-line treatment of NAR, there is a role for surgical therapy when medications fail to improve symptoms. Surgical options for NAR include inferior turbinate reduction and botulinum toxin injection as well as more directed targeting of the autonomic nerve supply to the nasal cavity through vidian neurectomy, posterior nasal neurectomy, and cryoablation of the posterior nerve.
- [Experimental study on nasal mucosa injury and repair induced by nasal decongestants in guinea pigs]. [Journal Article]
- ZEZhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2018 Jun 07; 53(6):432-439
- CONCLUSIONS: Short-term and over dose of nasal decongestant can result in the injury of nasal mucosa in guinea pigs, and the injury is much severe as using decongestant last longer.MometasoneFuroate nasal spray and 2.3% saline can repair the injury.
New Search Next
- The effect of continuous positive airway pressure therapy on nasal patency. [Journal Article]
- IFInt Forum Allergy Rhinol 2018 Jun 13
- CONCLUSIONS: Objective and subjective measurements of TV and MCA increased after initiation of CPAP therapy in this prospective study.