Did you mean: ( Extra Strength)?
- Pelvic floor muscle function and symptoms of dysfunctions in midwifes and nurses of reproductive age with and without pelvic floor dysfunction. [Journal Article]
- TJTaiwan J Obstet Gynecol 2019; 58(4):505-513
- CONCLUSIONS: PFM strength only affects of urinary incontinence sypmtoms among all PFDs in midwifes and nurses of reproductive age. PFM strength may not be the main factor in the occurrence of PFDs as pelvic floor does not consist solely of muscle structure. However, it strongly affects the number of dysfunctions. Therefore, PFM training should be performed to prevent the occurrence of extra dysfunctions in addition to the existing ones even if it does not alter the symptoms.
- Effects of additional cysteine residue of Avenin-like b protein by site-directed mutagenesis on dough properties in wheat (Triticum aestivum L.). [Journal Article]
- JAJ Agric Food Chem 2019 Jul 12
- Avenin-like b protein is rich in cysteine residues, providing the possibility to form inter-molecular disulfide bonds and then facilitate glutenin polymerization. Site-directed mutagenesis was adopte…
Avenin-like b protein is rich in cysteine residues, providing the possibility to form inter-molecular disulfide bonds and then facilitate glutenin polymerization. Site-directed mutagenesis was adopted to produce mutant avenin-like b gene encoding mutant Avenin-like b protein, in which one tyrosine codon at the C-terminal substituted by cysteine codon. Compared with control lines, both transgenic lines with wild-type and mutant avenin-like b genes demonstrated superior dough properties. While compared within the transgenic lines, the mutant lines showed relative weaker dough strength and decreased sodium-dodecyl-sulfate sedimentation volumes (from 69.7 ml in line WT alb-1 to 41.0 ml in line Mut alb-4). These inferior dough properties were accompanied with the lower contents of large-sized glutenin polymers, the decreased particle diameters of glutenin macropolymer (GMP), due to the lower contents of inter-molecular β-sheets (from 39.48% for line WT alb-2 to 30.21% for line Mut alb-3) and the varied contents of disulfide bonds (from 137.37 µmol/g for line WT alb-1 to 105.49 µmol/g for line Mut alb-4) in wheat dough. The extra cysteine might alter the original disulfide bond structure, allowed cysteine residue usually involved in inter-molecular disulfide bond becoming available for intra-chain disulfide bond. Avenin-like b proteins were detected in glutenin macropolymers, providng further evidence for this protein to participate in the polymerization of glutenin. This is the first time to investigate the effect of specific cysteine residue in the Avenin-like b protein on flour quality.
- Autograft for anterior cruciate ligament revision surgery : Lateral extra-articular tenodesis in skeletally mature patients under 25 years of age. [Journal Article]
- OOrthopade 2019 Jul 09
- CONCLUSIONS: Revision ACL reconstruction with contralateral hamstrings and associated extra-articular tenodesis provides satisfying subjective outcomes and restores knee stability in skeletally mature patients under 25 years of age.
- SAMBADENA Hyperpolarization of 13C-Succinate in an MRI: Singlet-Triplet Mixing Causes Polarization Loss. [Journal Article]
- CChemistryOpen 2019; 8(6):728-736
- The signal enhancement provided by the hyperpolarization of nuclear spins of biological molecules is a highly promising technique for diagnostic imaging. To date, most 13C-contrast agents had to be p…
The signal enhancement provided by the hyperpolarization of nuclear spins of biological molecules is a highly promising technique for diagnostic imaging. To date, most 13C-contrast agents had to be polarized in an extra, complex or cost intensive polarizer. Recently, the in situ hyperpolarization of a 13C contrast agent to >20 % was demonstrated without a polarizer but within the bore of an MRI system. This approach addresses some of the challenges of MRI with hyperpolarized tracers, i. e. elevated cost, long production times, and loss of polarization during transfer to the detection site. Here, we demonstrate the first hyperpolarization of a biomolecule in aqueous solution in the bore of an MRI at field strength of 7 T within seconds. The 13C nucleus of 1-13C, 2,3-2H2-succinate was polarized to 11 % corresponding to a signal enhancement of approximately 18.000. Interesting effects during the process of the hydrogenation reaction which lead to a significant loss of polarization have been observed.
- Surgical Reconstruction Technique of Two Patients With Tarsal Type Preaxial Polydactyly: Two True Prehalluces. [Journal Article]
- JFJ Foot Ankle Surg 2019; 58(4):814-820
- Polydactyly of the foot occurs in 1.7 cases per 1000 live births, comprising 45% of congenital abnormalities of the foot. Most reported cases of polydactyly of the foot are postaxial, and 15% are pre…
Polydactyly of the foot occurs in 1.7 cases per 1000 live births, comprising 45% of congenital abnormalities of the foot. Most reported cases of polydactyly of the foot are postaxial, and 15% are preaxial; of those, tarsal type preaxial polydactyly (a true prehallux) occurs in only 3% of cases. Because of this rarity, there is minimal literature available to guide management or surgical reconstruction. Two newborns presented with similar tarsal type preaxial polydactylies in the context of multiple congenital anomalies at a single institution. Patient 1 presented at birth with an accessory digit arising medially from the right foot at the medial malleolus. Two weeks later, genetically unrelated, patient 2 presented at birth with an accessory digit arising medially from the right foot at the talus. Both patients underwent resection of the extra digit and reconstruction including transfer of the accessory anterior tibial tendon arising from the preaxial extra digit to the remaining first ray. Two years after surgery, both patients are walking well with preserved dorsiflexion strength. Given the rarity of true prehallux cases, reported surgical treatment and outcomes are lacking. This case demonstrates the management of 2 patients to better guide future patient care. Although nonsurgical treatment with shoewear modification is an option, surgical reconstruction facilitated wearing typical shoes while preserving ambulatory ability. Both patients in this series had an accessory anterior tibial tendon. Surgical transfer of the tendon prevented loss of dorsiflexion strength and foot drop postoperatively.
- The Automatic Assessment of Strength and Mobility in Older Adults: A Test-Retest Reliability Study. [Journal Article]
- MMedicina (Kaunas) 2019 Jun 11; 55(6)
- CONCLUSIONS: The TUG and the 30 s Chair Stand test are reliable in older adults. The use of an automatic chronometer in the TUG is strongly recommended as it increased the reliability of the test. This device enables researchers to obtain relevant and reliable data from the 30 s Chair Stand test, such as the duration of the sit-to-stand-to-sit cycles and phases.
- Tailoring One-Pass Asymmetric Rolling of Extra Low Carbon Steel for Shear Texture and Recrystallization. [Journal Article]
- MMaterials (Basel) 2019 Jun 15; 12(12)
- Systematic single pass rolling experiments were carried out at room temperature on extra low carbon steel by varying the roll diameter ratio between 1:1 to 1:2 and thickness reduction per pass in the…
Systematic single pass rolling experiments were carried out at room temperature on extra low carbon steel by varying the roll diameter ratio between 1:1 to 1:2 and thickness reduction per pass in the range of 20-75%. The aim of this study was to define the conditions under which the rolling texture can transit into a shear texture. The consequences for grain fragmentation, tensile strength, recrystallization texture, and grain growth kinetics were also studied. It was found that in a certain range of thickness reduction per pass and asymmetric ratio, an effective rotation towards the shear texture takes place in conventional rolling. The value of the shear coefficient factor (shear strain rate/rolling strain rate) in asymmetric rolling depends on the selection of thickness reduction per pass. The measured value of shear coefficient was found to be independent of the number of passes used in asymmetric rolling. The consequence of arising shear textures is an acceleration of grain fragmentation. After rapid heat treatment, both tensile strength and recrystallization kinetics of asymmetric rolled sheets showed merits over the conventional rolling. Only the evolved Goss orientation from asymmetric conditions of deformation shows higher stability than any other preferred shear texture components after complete recrystallization.
- Laboratory method of microbial induced solidification/stabilization for municipal solid waste incineration fly ash. [Journal Article]
- MMethodsX 2019; 6:1036-1043
- This paper presents a method to solidify/stabilize the municipal solid waste incineration (MSWI) fly ash by originally employing the microbial induced carbonate precipitation (MICP) technique. In thi…
This paper presents a method to solidify/stabilize the municipal solid waste incineration (MSWI) fly ash by originally employing the microbial induced carbonate precipitation (MICP) technique. In this method, the rich endogenous calcium in the MSWI fly ash was utilized to induce calcite precipitation, which is different from the operation of adding extra calcium source in previous researches. The fly ash sample had a CaO content of 44.5%, and its leaching concentrations of Zn, Cr and Pb exceed the limits of the identification standard for hazardous wastes in China. The optical density at 600 nm (OD600) of the bacterial solution was about 1.0 after the processes of bacterial activation and reproduction. The prepared fly ash sample was well mixed with bacterial solution at an ash-liquid ratio of 1 kg: 0.3 L and cured at a temperature of 20 °C and a humidity of ≥95% for 7 days. After treatment, the heavy metal leachability significantly reduced to meet the standard for pollution control of landfill site, and the unconfined compressive strength increased approximately 40%. The precipitated carbonates were verified by SEM-EDS analysis and quantified by measurement of carbonate content via acid-dissolving method. The results shone a light on the possibility of using MICP technique as a useful and efficient tool to stabilize the MSWI fly ash before being reused or properly stored in landfills. •The MICP method is efficient to reduce the heavy metal leachability and increase the compressive strength of MSWI fly ash.•The endogenous calcium in MSWI fly ash was utilized to induce calcite precipitation.•The heavy metals in MSWI fly ash were well immobilized by the formation of carbonates.
- Long-term functional outcomes after cardiac rehabilitation in older patients. Data from the Cardiac Rehabilitation in Advanced aGE: EXercise TRaining and Active follow-up (CR-AGE EXTRA) randomised study. [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Prev Cardiol 2019 Jun 10; :2047487319854141
- CONCLUSIONS: Results from this randomised study suggest that a home-based exercise programme with monthly reinforcements does not add any long-term functional benefit beyond those offered by a conventional, 4-week outpatient cardiac rehabilitation programme.
New Search Next
- Effect of Metacarpal Fixation Configuration on Strength and Fracture Gap Displacements in a Cadaveric Model of Externally Fixed Distal Radius Fractures. [Journal Article]
- HHand (N Y) 2019 Jun 10; :1558944719851231
- CONCLUSIONS: Utilizing only 4 cortices and sparing the middle finger metacarpal avoids the need for a more transverse orientation required with 6-cortex fixation, which may otherwise impede thumb motion.