- The differential diagnoses of uterine leiomyomas and leiomyosarcomas using DNA and RNA sequencing. [Journal Article]
- AJAm J Obstet Gynecol 2019 May 20
- CONCLUSIONS: Through integrated comparative genomic and transcriptomic analyses, we identified novel differential genetic targets that potentially differentiate leiomyosarcomas and leiomyomas. This provides a new insight into the differential diagnosis of these myometrial tumors.
- Atomic force microscopy: a promising aid in diagnosis of uterine smooth muscle neoplasms. [Letter]
- AJAm J Obstet Gynecol 2019 May 20
- Association of HOTAIR gene polymorphisms and haplotypes with uterine leiomyoma susceptibility in southeast of Iran. [Journal Article]
- MBMol Biol Rep 2019 May 22
- Uterine leiomyoma (UL) is the most common benign tumor of the uterus. HOX transcript antisense RNA (HOTAIR) as a lncRNAs is the product of HOXC gene that plays a major role in the invasion and develo…
Uterine leiomyoma (UL) is the most common benign tumor of the uterus. HOX transcript antisense RNA (HOTAIR) as a lncRNAs is the product of HOXC gene that plays a major role in the invasion and development of different tumors. Several lines of evidence have been suggested the effects of HOTAIR polymorphisms on cancer risk. The aim of the present study was to analyze the effects of HOTAIR polymorphisms (rs12826786, rs920778, rs4759314 and rs1899663) on UL in southeast of Iran. A total of 152 women with UL and 182 age-matched healthy women were selected in the case-control study. The PCR-RFLP and ARMS-PCR methods were used for genotyping. HOTAIR rs920778 polymorphism was associated with a lower risk of UL in dominant [OR, 0.5 (95% CI, 0.3-0.9); P = 0.03], recessive [OR, 0.6 (95% CI, 0.4-0.9; P = 0.016] and allelic models [OR, 0.6(95% CI, 0.5-0.9); P = 0.004]. However, HOTAIR rs12826786 polymorphism was associated with a higher risk of UL in dominant [OR, 2.6 (95% CI, 1.6-4.1); P = 0.0001], recessive [OR, 1.9 (95% CI, 1-3.6); P = 0.04] and allelic models [OR, 1.8 (95% CI, 1.3-2.4); P = 0.0003]. There was no association between HOTAIR rs4759314 and rs1899663 polymorphisms and UL susceptibility. The frequency of CTGA haplotype was lower in UL women; however, the CCGA, TCGA, TTTA, and TTGA haplotypes were more frequent in UL women. Our results indicated that HOTAIR rs12826786 and rs920778 polymorphisms had a significant effect on UL susceptibility. The HOTAIR haplotypes could affect UL susceptibility.
- Usefulness of HE4 protein in differentiation of pelvic masses in woman. [Journal Article]
- PMPrz Menopauzalny 2019; 18(1):27-32
- CONCLUSIONS: This marker may have significant clinical value in the differentiation of benign ovarian pathology from ovarian cancer. The study confirms the validity of using HE4 results in the assessment of potential malignancy of ovarian and endometrial lesions.
- Laparoscopic-endoscopic Rendezvous Procedures for Upper Gastrointestinal Tumors Guided by Laser-supported Reverse Diaphanoscopy: A Modified Technique. [Journal Article]
- SLSurg Laparosc Endosc Percutan Tech 2019 May 17
- CONCLUSIONS: RLSD precisely locates gastric benign tumors during laparoscopic-endoscopic rendezvous procedures.
- 18F-NaF Uptake in Calcified Uterine Leiomyoma. [Journal Article]
- CNClin Nucl Med 2019 May 03
- Uterine leiomyomas (fibroids) represent the most common benign pelvic tumors in women as well as the leading indication for hysterectomies in the United States. Risk factors for the development of fi…
Uterine leiomyomas (fibroids) represent the most common benign pelvic tumors in women as well as the leading indication for hysterectomies in the United States. Risk factors for the development of fibroids include increasing age, hormonal changes, genetics, and race, among others. The lifetime risk of developing fibroids is greater than 80% among African American women, who also have the more severe form of this condition. We are presenting a case of incidental F-NaF uptake in the calcified uterine leiomyoma of a 52-year-old African American woman.
- Mesothelial cyst of uterine corpus misdiagnosed as leiomyoma. [Journal Article]
- CMChin Med J (Engl) 2019 May 13
- Phosphoproteins Involved in the Inhibition of Apoptosis and in Cell Survival in the Leiomyoma. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Clin Med 2019 May 16; 8(5)
- Uterine leiomyomas are benign smooth muscle cell tumors originating from the myometrium. In this study we focus on leiomyoma and normal myometrium phosphoproteome, to identify differentially phosphor…
Uterine leiomyomas are benign smooth muscle cell tumors originating from the myometrium. In this study we focus on leiomyoma and normal myometrium phosphoproteome, to identify differentially phosphorylated proteins involved in tumorigenic signaling pathways, and in anti-apoptotic processes and cell survival. We obtained paired tissue samples of seven leiomyomas and adjacent myometria and analyzed the phosphoproteome by two-dimensional gel electrophoresis (2-DE) combined with immobilized metal affinity chromatography (IMAC) and Pro-Q Diamond phosphoprotein gel stain. We used mass spectrometry for protein identification and Western blotting for 2-DE data validation. Quantities of 33 proteins enriched by the IMAC approach were significantly different in the leiomyoma if compared to the myometrium. Bioinformatic analysis revealed ten tumorigenic signaling pathways and four phosphoproteins involved in both the inhibition of apoptosis and cell survival. Our study highlights the involvement of the phosphoproteome in leiomyoma growth. Further studies are needed to understand the role of phosphorylation in leiomyoma. Our data shed light on mechanisms that still need to be ascertained, but could open the path to a new class of drugs that not only can block the growth, but could also lead to a significant reduction in tumor size.
- Smooth Muscle Tumors of the Female Genital Tract. [Review]
- SPSurg Pathol Clin 2019; 12(2):397-455
- Smooth muscle tumors are the most common mesenchymal tumors of the female genital tract. However, awareness of tumor variants and unconventional growth patterns is critical for appropriate classifica…
Smooth muscle tumors are the most common mesenchymal tumors of the female genital tract. However, awareness of tumor variants and unconventional growth patterns is critical for appropriate classification and patient management. For example, recognition of fumarate hydratase-deficient leiomyomas allows pathologists to alert providers to the potential for hereditary leiomyomatosis and renal cell carcinoma. Furthermore, myxoid and epithelioid smooth muscle tumors have different thresholds for malignancy than spindled tumors and should be classified by criteria specific to these variants. This article provides an overview of smooth muscle tumors of each major organ of the gynecologic tract and discusses diagnostic challenges.
New Search Next
- Diethylnitrosamine (DENA) recapitulates formation of hepatic angiosarcoma in pigs. [Journal Article]
- PlosPLoS One 2019; 14(5):e0214756
- CONCLUSIONS: In this preliminary study treatment of sus scrofa with weekly injections of 15 mg/kg DENA results in a new model for primary hepatic angiosarcoma. This model may help to shed light on the pathomechanisms of primary hepatic angiosarcoma and might therefore open new treatment options.