- A Multicenter Evaluation of Vancomycin-Associated Acute Kidney Injury in Hospitalized Patients with Acute Bacterial Skin and Skin Structure Infections. [Journal Article]Infect Dis Ther 2020ID
- We sought to determine the real-world incidence of and risk factors for vancomycin-associated acute kidney injury (V-AKI) in hospitalized adults with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
We sought to determine the real-world incidence of and risk factors for vancomycin-associated acute kidney injury (V-AKI) in hospitalized adults with acute bacterial skin and skin structure infections (ABSSSI).
- Potentially traumatic events in foster youth, and association with DSM-5 trauma- and stressor related symptoms. [Journal Article]Child Abuse Negl 2020; 101:104374CA
- CONCLUSIONS: These findings raise new questions about the nature, mechanisms and timing of development of RAD and DSED. Maltreatment assessment needs to encompass a wide range of PTEs, and consider poly-victimization.
- Unmet health care needs among children of mothers exposed to violence. [Journal Article]Child Abuse Negl 2020; 101:104363CA
- CONCLUSIONS: In this study of urban children, having a mother who was a victim of violence was associated with unmet healthcare needs. These findings underscore the need to invest in efforts to reduce the prevalence of violence. Such efforts would reduce unmet child healthcare needs in vulnerable families.
- Synthesis and characterization of novel 99mTc-DGC nano-complexes for improvement of heart diagnostic. [Journal Article]Bioorg Chem 2020; 96:103572BC
- In this research, early diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases can reduce their mortality and burden. In our study, we developed a new nano-agent, 99mTc-Dendrimer Glyco Conjugate (99mTc-DGC), and assessed its safety and capability for myocardial viability scan. To develop 99mTc-DGC, we first synthesized the dendrimer and then, glucose has been conjugated. Afterwards, we measured toxicity of the pro…
In this research, early diagnosis of cardiovascular diseases can reduce their mortality and burden. In our study, we developed a new nano-agent, 99mTc-Dendrimer Glyco Conjugate (99mTc-DGC), and assessed its safety and capability for myocardial viability scan. To develop 99mTc-DGC, we first synthesized the dendrimer and then, glucose has been conjugated. Afterwards, we measured toxicity of the product on normal cells by XTT and apoptosis/necrosis methods. We compared the myocardial viability scan (measured by SPECT and dynamic planar imaging) in two rabbit models, with and without infarction. We also assessed the biodistribution of 99mTc-DGC in rats with no infarction. DGC synthesis was confirmed by Fourier transform infrared (FT-IR), proton nuclear magnetic resonance (1H NMR), liquid chromatography-mass spectrometry (LC-MS), dynamic light scattering (DLS) and static light scattering techniques (SLS). Then radiochemical purity (RCP) was done to present the stability and potential of DGC to complex formation with 99mTc. In vitro cytotoxicity showed nontoxic concentration up to 8 mg/mL. Single Photon Emission Computed Tomography (SPECT) and dynamic planar imaging clearly showed the accumulation of 99mTc-DGC in myocardial. Biodistribution result showed the 2.60% accumulation of 99mTc-DGC in myocardial after 2 h. Our findings indicated 99mTc-DGC to be safe and can accurately diagnose myocardial infarctions at early stages. Human studies to further assess such effects are critical.
- Validity of International Classification of Diseases codes in identifying illicit drug use target conditions using medical record data as a reference standard: A systematic review. [Review]Drug Alcohol Depend 2019; 208:107825DA
- CONCLUSIONS: Few studies have validated ICD code algorithms for illicit drug use target conditions, and available evidence is challenging to interpret due to inadequate reporting. PROSPERO Registration: CRD42019118401.
- Diagnostic stability in substance-induced psychosis. [Journal Article]Rev Psiquiatr Salud Ment 2020RP
- CONCLUSIONS: In interventions in episodes of SIP we must bear in mind that a significant proportion will progress to an SMD in the first three years.
- Lorcaserin maintenance fails to attenuate heroin vs. food choice in rhesus monkeys. [Journal Article]Drug Alcohol Depend 2020; :107848DA
- CONCLUSIONS: In contrast to saline substitution and naltrexone, lorcaserin treatment was ineffective to reduce heroin-vs.-food choice. These preclinical results do not support the therapeutic potential and continued evaluation of lorcaserin as a candidate OUD treatment.
- Magnitude of disrespectful and abusive care among women during facility-based childbirth in Shambu town, Horro Guduru Wollega zone, Ethiopia. [Journal Article]Midwifery 2020; 83:102629M
- CONCLUSIONS: Though government interventions are in place, excessive levels of disrespect and abusive practices during facility-based childbirth persisted to be important problems in the study area. To address the unnecessary suffering, health policy makers and program designers should develop strategies to enhance respectful maternity care approaches. Health managers and health professionals should do their best to provide high quality, client-centered care in health facilities so that women are not discouraged from using them. We also recommend knowledge exchange with development partners to determine which practices will be adaptable and helpful to address the problem of mistreatment of women in health care facilities.
- Childhood adversity, mental health, and the perpetration of physical violence in the adult intimate relationships of women prisoners: A life course approach. [Journal Article]Child Abuse Negl 2020; 101:104237CA
- CONCLUSIONS: Women prisoners who were exposed to ACEs during childhood were at a particularly elevated risk of developing PTSD symptomology and perpetrating physical violence against an adult intimate partner. Based on the current study's findings, treatment programs that address these complex relationships between ACEs, particularly focusing on the central role of mental health in these processes, are needed for incarcerated women.
New Search Next
- Factors that prevent, prompt, and delay disclosures in female victims of child sexual abuse. [Journal Article]Child Abuse Negl 2020; 101:104360CA
- CONCLUSIONS: Social and moral development during middle childhood likely has a strong influence on disclosure tendency. Strategies to promote disclosure should consider reducing fear of consequences associated with the adult-child paradigm.