- Comparison between iloprost and alprostadil for protection against ischemia/reperfusion injury in a rat model [Journal Article]
- TJTurk J Med Sci 2018 Jun 14; 48(3):661-669
- CONCLUSIONS: Alprostadil and iloprost seem to provide protection against IR injury, with iloprost being more protective in renal tissue. Alprostadil is more effective than iloprost in protecting lung tissue against IR injury.
- Malignant atrophic papulosis with motor aphasia and intestinal perforation: A case report and review of published works. [Journal Article]
- JDJ Dermatol 2018; 45(6):723-726
- Malignant atrophic papulosis (MAP) is a rare type of obliterating vasculopathy that can present as pure cutaneous lesions or a systemic entity affecting multiple organs. Systemic disease, such as gas...
Malignant atrophic papulosis (MAP) is a rare type of obliterating vasculopathy that can present as pure cutaneous lesions or a systemic entity affecting multiple organs. Systemic disease, such as gastrointestinal or central nervous system involvement, may predispose the patients to poorer or even fatal outcomes. We present a 30-year-old female patient with systemic manifestation of MAP 10 days after delivery of a full-term pregnancy who subsequently developed motor aphasia and intestinal perforation. The patient was administrated empirical treatment with an antiplatelet, anticoagulant, methylprednisolone sodium succinate and alprostadil. Antibiotics were administrated due to intestinal perforation and secondary sepsis. Despite all treatment, the patient died a week later. We summarized all the previous reports of MAP based on thorough review of previous published work. Overall, this is the first patient with MAP combined with motor aphasia and intestinal perforation and may provide insights for future studies on the treatment of this disease.
- Prostaglandin E1 for maintaining ductal patency in neonates with ductal-dependent cardiac lesions. [Review]
- CDCochrane Database Syst Rev 2018 02 27; 2:CD011417
- CONCLUSIONS: There is insufficient evidence from randomized controlled trials to determine the safety and efficacy of PGE1 in neonates with ductal-dependent cardiac lesions. Evidence from observational trials have informed clinical practice on the use of PGE, which is now considered the standard of care for ductal-dependent cardiac lesions. It is unlikely that randomized controlled studies will be performed for this indication but comparative efficacy of newer formulations of PGE1, different doses of PGE1 and studies comparing PGE with PDA stents or other measures to keep the ductus open may be ethical and necessary.
- Treatment of digital ulcers in systemic sclerosis: Case series study of thirteen patients and discussion on outcome. [Journal Article]
- RARev Assoc Med Bras (1992) 2017; 63(5):422-426
- CONCLUSIONS: Younger patients and early referrals had better outcomes. Endothelin receptor antagonist toxicity should be monitored, particularly in patients previously exposed to hepatotoxic drugs.
- Intra-arterial Thrombolysis for Extremity Frostbite Decreases Digital Amputation Rates and Hospital Length of Stay. [Journal Article]
- CICardiovasc Intervent Radiol 2017; 40(12):1824-1831
- CONCLUSIONS: Intra-arterial thrombolysis reduces digital amputation rates and hospital LOS in the setting of severe frostbite.
- Alprostadil cream in the treatment of erectile dysfunction: clinical evidence and experience. [Review]
- TATher Adv Urol 2016; 8(4):249-256
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a very common disorder with a deep impact on quality of life on both patients and partners. Several options are available for treating ED: oral pharmacotherapy with phosp...
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a very common disorder with a deep impact on quality of life on both patients and partners. Several options are available for treating ED: oral pharmacotherapy with phosphodiesterase 5 (PDE5) inhibitors currently represents the first-line option for many patients with ED. Alprostadil, a prostaglandin, has been marketed for many years as a urethral stick and an intracavernous injection for the treatment of ED. It is now available in the form of a cream (Vitaros/Virirec), a noninvasive treatment which combines an active drug (alprostadil, a synthetic prostaglandin E1) with a skin enhancer improving its local absorption directly at the site of action. Alprostadil has a favourable pharmacodynamic profile and is poorly absorbed in systemic circulation, which makes it suitable in a lot of circumstances and results in a reduced risk of adverse effects (AEs). Systemic AEs are reported in only 3% of the treated population. Clinical efficacy has been demonstrated in both phase II and III trials, showing a global efficacy up to 83% with the 300 μg dose in patients with severe ED, significantly better than placebo. Its fast onset of action and lack of interactions with other drugs makes alprostadil cream a possible first-line therapeutic option for some patients with ED: individuals who are reluctant to take systemic treatments or have AEs, patients who do not respond, cannot tolerate, or do not accept PDE5 inhibitor therapy, and patients treated with nitrates. Therefore, this new treatment for ED can be offered to patients and could help address the needs unmet by other treatments.
- Phenylquinoxalinone CFTR activator as potential prosecretory therapy for constipation. [Journal Article]
- TRTransl Res 2017; 182:14-26.e4
- Constipation is a common condition for which current treatments can have limited efficacy. By high-throughput screening, we recently identified a phenylquinoxalinone activator of the cystic fibrosis ...
Constipation is a common condition for which current treatments can have limited efficacy. By high-throughput screening, we recently identified a phenylquinoxalinone activator of the cystic fibrosis transmembrane conductance regulator (CFTR) chloride channel that stimulated intestinal fluid secretion and normalized stool output in a mouse model of opioid-induced constipation. Here, we report phenylquinoxalinone structure-activity analysis, mechanism of action, animal efficacy data in acute and chronic models of constipation, and functional data in ex vivo primary cultured human enterocytes. Structure-activity analysis was done on 175 phenylquinoxalinone analogs, including 15 synthesized compounds. The most potent compound, CFTRact-J027, activated CFTR with EC50∼ 200 nM, with patch-clamp analysis showing a linear CFTR current-voltage relationship with direct CFTR activation. CFTRact-J027 corrected reduced stool output and hydration in a mouse model of acute constipation produced by scopolamine and in a chronically constipated mouse strain (C3H/HeJ). Direct comparison with the approved prosecretory drugs lubiprostone and linaclotide showed substantially greater intestinal fluid secretion with CFTRact-J027, as well as greater efficacy in a constipation model. As evidence to support efficacy in human constipation, CFTRact-J027 increased transepithelial fluid transport in enteroids generated from normal human small intestine. Also, CFTRact-J027 was rapidly metabolized in vitro in human hepatic microsomes, suggesting minimal systemic exposure upon oral administration. These data establish structure-activity and mechanistic data for phenylquinoxalinone CFTR activators, and support their potential efficacy in human constipation.
- [The clinical treatment experience of low-middle frequency sudden sensorineural hearing loss with steroid combined with dehydrant in 82 cases]. [Journal Article]
- LCLin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2016 Aug 20; 30(16):1322-1324;1328
- Objective: The aim of this study is to explore the treatment of low-middle frequency sudden sensorineural hearing loss with steroid combined with dehydrant.Method:Eighty-two patients with diagnosis o...
Objective: The aim of this study is to explore the treatment of low-middle frequency sudden sensorineural hearing loss with steroid combined with dehydrant.Method:Eighty-two patients with diagnosis of low-middle frequency sudden sensorineural hearing loss were selected;All patients were randomly divided into systemic steroid therapy group and steroid combined with dehydrant therapy group.All patients received Alprostadil,Ginaton and Mecobalamin.Intravenous steroids was given in systemic steroid therapy group,while intravenous steroids and dehydrant were given in steroid combined with dehydrant therapy group.Finally,the results were collected and analyzed.Result:The total effective rate was 92.31% in systemic steroid therapy group,and 93.02% in steroid combined with dehydrant therapy group.There is no significant difference between the twogroups(P<0.05).The average time of hearting recovery was (7.03±1.22)days in systemic steroid therapy group,while(6.17±1.15)days in steroid combined with dehydrant therapy group,and significant difference was detected between the two difierent treatments(P<0.05).Conclusion: The treatment of low-middle frequency sudden sensorineural hearing loss with steroid combined with dehydrant can achieve a favorable prognosis,and may shorten the treatment time.
- Clinical use of alprostadil topical cream in patients with erectile dysfunction: a review. [Review]
- RRRes Rep Urol 2016; 8:123-31
- Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common and debilitating disorder seen in over 50% of men older than 70 years. Oral phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors are the mainstay of treatment for ED, but ...
Erectile dysfunction (ED) is a common and debilitating disorder seen in over 50% of men older than 70 years. Oral phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitors are the mainstay of treatment for ED, but cannot be used by a significant subset of patients due to systemic side effects and drug-drug interactions. Second-line therapy may include intracavernosal therapies, but are associated with poor compliance due to their invasive nature. Alprostadil has a mechanism of action different from that of PDE5 inhibitors. Clinical trials have shown topical alprostadil cream to be effective, increasing the erectile function (EF) score of the International Index of EF by up to 13 points from baseline. It has also proven to be safe and well tolerated, with mild-to-moderate and transient treatment-related adverse events that are generally localized to the application site. Topical alprostadil cream is a safe and effective second-line therapy for ED, indicated for those who cannot tolerate, or are not satisfied with, oral PDE5 inhibitor therapy.
New Search Next
- [Intratympatic budesonide injection for treatment of refractorysudden sensorineural hearing loss]. [Journal Article]
- LCLin Chung Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2016 Jun 20; 32(2):972-977
- Objective: To investigate intratympanic steroid injection for treatment of sudden sensorineural hearing loss after failure of initial systemic therapy,and discuss the role of steroid in refractory su...
Objective: To investigate intratympanic steroid injection for treatment of sudden sensorineural hearing loss after failure of initial systemic therapy,and discuss the role of steroid in refractory sudden sensorineural hearing loss.Method:We included 90 patients who did not response to initial systemic therapy of sudden hearing loss.This research adopted the randomized,controlled trial of clinical research.Ninety qualified patients were divided into 3 groups,30 for each group,intratympanic budesonide for experimental group,dexamethasone for control group-1 while control group-2 did not take intratympanic steroid injection but continue another round of systemic therapy.Intratympanic injection was performed 3 times a week and last for 2 weeks.Alprostadil,mecobalamin,ginkgo biloba extract injection,PNS injection and intravenous hyperbaric oxygen fluid were used for consecutive 10 days in the control group-2.Pure tone audiometry and speech Discrimination Score was retaken at the end of each therapy.Result:The results show that the average PTA of damaged frequencies improved more than 10 dB was considered significant,we had 26.7%(8/30) patients meet this criteria in experiment group,30.0%(9/30) in the control group-1 and 6.7%(2/30) in the control group-2.And the recovery rate between these 3 groups is statistically significant(P<0.05),the average PTA improvement in the experimental group,control group-1 and control-2 was(5.0±11.1)dB,(4.2±12.5)dB and (0±3.33)dB respectively,P<0.05,control group-2 was significantly different from control group-1 and experimental group.The Speech Discrimination Score improvement rates in the experimental group,control group-1 and control-2 was 16.7%,12.0% and 4.2% respectively,but the difference in those 3 groups was not significant.Conclusion: Budesonide intratympanic injection is a save method in treating refractory sudden hearing loss ,and it is as effective as dexamethasone.Intratympanic steroids could be an option for refractory sudden sensorineural hearing loss patients.