Did you mean: (anastrozole)?
- Effects of psoralen on the pharmacokinetics of anastrozole in rats. [Journal Article]
- PBPharm Biol 2018; 56(1):433-439
- CONCLUSIONS: This study indicates that when the rats were pretreated with psoralen, the system exposure of anastrozole would be increased significantly. The results showed that the herb-drug interaction between psoralen and anastrozole might occur when they were co-administered, and future studies in humans also need to investigate its herb-drug interaction potential.
- P/Q and N-type Voltage-gated Calcium Channel Binding Antibodies Associated with Paraneoplastic Chorea and Mixed Invasive Ductal and Lobular Carcinoma of the Breasts in an Elderly Patient. [Journal Article]
- CCureus 2018 Aug 04; 10(8):e3097
- Paraneoplastic neurologic syndromes are a group of immune-mediated, cancer-associated disorders affecting the nervous system. While these syndromes are not understood fully, they are reportedly cause...
Paraneoplastic neurologic syndromes are a group of immune-mediated, cancer-associated disorders affecting the nervous system. While these syndromes are not understood fully, they are reportedly caused by an immune response against common antigens expressed by the cancer and nervous system. We describe the course of a patient who suffered paraneoplastic chorea before being diagnosed with breast cancer. A 70-year-old female presented with complaints of "shaking" movements of her head. History, physical exam findings, and preliminary workup ruled out the hereditary, metabolic, and infectious causes of chorea while brain computed tomography (CT) ruled out chorea due to a basal ganglia lesion. A paraneoplastic antibody panel identified N-type and P/Q-type voltage-gated (V-G) calcium channel binding antibodies. Subsequent age-appropriate cancer screening, which included a colonoscopy and screening mammograms, identified breast cancer. The patient had bilateral total mastectomies. Histopathology confirmed mixed invasive ductal and lobular carcinoma that was estrogen receptor positive, progesterone receptor positive, and human epidermal growth factor receptor 2 negative. In addition to mastectomies, the patient received adjuvant anastrozole. The appearance of choreiform movements before the diagnosis of breast cancer and the presence of paraneoplastic antibodies indicated that the chorea was most likely paraneoplastic in nature. Our patient continues to have choreiform movements despite undergoing bilateral mastectomies and receiving anastrozole, prednisone, and rituximab. We suspect the mastectomies and immune modulating therapies have not had an effect on her chorea because her P/Q and N-type V-G calcium channel binding antibodies may be intracellular. This case of paraneoplastic chorea associated with breast cancer is unusual. To the best of our knowledge, only one other case of paraneoplastic chorea associated with breast cancer has been reported in the English literature.
- Fulvestrant for Untreated Hormone-Receptor Positive Locally Advanced or Metastatic Breast Cancer: An Evidence Review Group Perspective of a NICE Single Technology Appraisal. [Review]
- PPharmacoeconomics 2018 Oct 17
- Clinical and cost-effectiveness evidence on fulvestrant for untreated hormone-receptor positive locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer was submitted to the single technology appraisal process o...
Clinical and cost-effectiveness evidence on fulvestrant for untreated hormone-receptor positive locally advanced or metastatic breast cancer was submitted to the single technology appraisal process of the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence by the manufacturer of fulvestrant. The Southampton Health Technology Assessments Centre was commissioned by the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence as an independent Evidence Review Group to critique the company's submitted evidence. Fulvestrant was compared directly with anastrozole in two randomised controlled trials and was compared indirectly by means of a network meta-analysis with anastrozole, letrozole and tamoxifen. This article summarises the Evidence Review Group's review of the company's submission and summarises the guidance the National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Appraisal Committee issued in January 2018. The Evidence Review Group had several concerns, the most important of which related to the degree to which fulvestrant might confer a benefit in overall survival. This was because mature data were not available from the key phase III trial FALCON. The economic model was sensitive to changes in overall survival and the Evidence Review Group considered the incremental cost-effectiveness ratio was uncertain and likely to increase once mature results from FALCON become available. The National Institute for Health and Care Excellence Appraisal Committee concluded that fulvestrant could not be recommended for treating locally advanced or metastatic estrogen-receptor-positive breast cancer in postmenopausal women who have not received previous endocrine therapy.
- Pharmacokinetic Effects and Safety of Olaparib Administered with Endocrine Therapy: A Phase I Study in Patients with Advanced Solid Tumours. [Journal Article]
- ATAdv Ther 2018; 35(11):1945-1964
- CONCLUSIONS: The combination of olaparib and either anastrozole, letrozole or tamoxifen was generally well tolerated, with no clinically relevant PK interactions identified.
- Clinical outcomes comparison of 10 years versus 5 years of adjuvant endocrine therapy in patients with early breast cancer. [Journal Article]
- BCBMC Cancer 2018 Oct 12; 18(1):977
- CONCLUSIONS: An extended 10 years of endocrine treatment yields a DFS benefit for patients with early breast cancer; (AI and/or TAM) 5y - AI 5y treatment is the optimal choice. ER+ and/or PR+, postmenopausal and lymph node-positive patients are the most suitable groups.
- Bone health consequence of adjuvant Anastrozole in monotherapy or associated with biochanin-A in ovariectomized rat model. [Journal Article]
- LSLife Sci 2018 Nov 01; 212:159-167
- CONCLUSIONS: The study highlights the importance of the BCA supplementation in accordance with the ANA therapy in case of ovariectomized rat model of osteoporosis which is clinically presented in Postmenopausal women with breast cancer during which considerable risk of developing osteoporosis is predicted during treatment.
- Association of Wnt Inhibitors, Bone Mineral Density and Lifestyle Parameters in Women with Breast Cancer Treated with Anastrozole Therapy. [Journal Article]
- JCJ Clin Med 2018 Sep 17; 7(9)
- CONCLUSIONS: AI treatment was associated with increased levels of sclerostin and decreased levels of DKK1.
- Fulvestrant plus goserelin versus anastrozole plus goserelin versus goserelin alone for hormone receptor-positive, HER2-negative tamoxifen-pretreated premenopausal women with recurrent or metastatic breast cancer (KCSG BR10-04): a multicentre, open-label, three-arm, randomised phase II trial (FLAG study). [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Cancer 2018; 103:127-136
- CONCLUSIONS: F + G provides a promising new option for the treatment of premenopausal women with HR+, HER2-, tamoxifen-pretreated MBC.
- Clinical utility of fulvestrant in the treatment of breast cancer: a report on the emerging clinical evidence. [Review]
- CMCancer Manag Res 2018; 10:3083-3099
- Fulvestrant is the first selective estrogen receptor (ER) downregulator available in clinical practice. It is a pure antiestrogen with no agonistic effects, leading to degradation of ER alpha, with a...
Fulvestrant is the first selective estrogen receptor (ER) downregulator available in clinical practice. It is a pure antiestrogen with no agonistic effects, leading to degradation of ER alpha, with activity in tamoxifen-resistant breast cancer (BC) models. Pharmacokinetic and pharmacodynamic studies and several postmarketing clinical trials led to the definition of the optimal dose at 500 mg intramuscularly on days 1, 15, and 29 and then every 28 days. Targeting ER alpha, fulvestrant is a cornerstone of treatment in luminal BCs, whose growth is largely driven by the ER pathway. In endocrine therapy-naïve patients with hormone receptor-positive, HER2- advanced BC (ABC), fulvestrant yielded significantly longer progression-free survival compared to anastrozole in the Phase III FALCON study. Due to its mechanism of action and pharmacokinetic properties, fulvestrant is an ideal backbone for combination therapies. Preclinical studies have shown synergism with drugs acting on signaling pathways involved in the development of endocrine resistance, among which the cyclin D/cyclin-dependent kinase 4-6/retinoblastoma pathway and the phosphatidylinositol 3-kinase (PI3K)/Akt/mammalian target of rapamycin pathway, contributing to overcoming or delaying endocrine resistance. In the Phase III PALOMA-3 trial, a combination of the cyclin-dependent kinase 4/6 inhibitor palbociclib with fulvestrant significantly improved progression-free survival over fulvestrant alone in women with hormone receptor positive, HER2- ABC progressing during prior endocrine therapy. This led to approval of the combination in this clinical setting. Similar results were obtained with abemaciclib and ribociclib. Combination with pan-PI3K inhibitors, though showing some efficacy, was hampered by the toxicity of these agents, and studies in combinations with more selective inhibitors of the α-catalytic subunit of PI3K are ongoing. Fulvestrant has shown partial activity also in patients with tumors harboring mutations of the ESR1 gene. It is thus a key drug in the treatment of ABC, whose role in combination with new targeted agents is still evolving.
New Search Next
- Exploratory Study of Associations Between DNA Repair and Oxidative Stress Gene Polymorphisms and Cognitive Problems Reported by Postmenopausal Women With and Without Breast Cancer. [Journal Article]
- BRBiol Res Nurs 2018 Sep 13; :1099800418799964
- CONCLUSIONS: Chemotherapy plus anastrozole, depressive symptoms, and presence of neuropathic symptoms may predict more frequent cognitive problems during systemic therapy that later resolve. Mood dysregulation before therapy may predict persistent cognitive problems during therapy. ERCC5 genotype may influence frequency of cognitive problems after controlling for these risk factors.