- Comparative transcriptome analysis reveals potential fruiting body formation mechanisms in Morchella importuna. [Journal Article]
- AEAMB Express 2019 Jul 12; 9(1):103
- Morchella importuna has been artificially cultivated, but stable production remains difficult because its mechanisms of fruiting body formation are unclear. To investigate the fruiting body formation…
Morchella importuna has been artificially cultivated, but stable production remains difficult because its mechanisms of fruiting body formation are unclear. To investigate the fruiting body formation mechanisms, we sequenced the transcriptomes of Morchella importuna at the mycelial and young fruiting body stages. Among the 12,561 differentially expressed genes (DEGs), 9215 were upregulated, and 3346 were downregulated. DEG enrichment analysis showed that these genes were enriched in the "generation of precursor metabolites and energy", "carbohydrate catabolic process", and "oxidoreductase activity" Gene Ontology (GO) functional categories. Enzyme activity assay results indicated that the activity levels of CAZymes (carbohydrate-active enzymes), oxidoreductases (SOD (superoxide dismutase), CAT (catalase)) and mitochondrial complex (complex I, II, III) proteins were significantly increased from the mycelial stage to the young fruiting body stage. In addition, the genes encoding CAZymes, mitochondrial proteins, oxidoreductases and heat shock proteins had higher expression levels in the young fruiting body stage than in the mycelial stage, and the qRT-PCR results showed similar trends to the RNA-Seq results. In summary, these results suggest that carbohydrate catabolism and energy metabolism are significantly enhanced in the young fruiting body stage and that growth environment temperature changes affect the formation of fruiting bodies.
- Transcriptional responses of Leishmania (Leishmania) amazonensis in the presence of trivalent sodium stibogluconate. [Journal Article]
- PVParasit Vectors 2019 Jul 12; 12(1):348
- CONCLUSIONS: This work identified global transcriptomic changes in an in vitro-adapted strain in response to SbIII. Our results provide relevant information to continue understanding the mechanism used by parasites of the subgenus Leishmania (L. amazonensis) to generate an antimony-resistant phenotype.
- Evaluating single-subject study methods for personal transcriptomic interpretations to advance precision medicine. [Journal Article]
- BMBMC Med Genomics 2019 Jul 11; 12(Suppl 5):96
- CONCLUSIONS: The "all-against-one" framework provides a honest evaluation framework for single-subject DEG studies since these methods are evaluated, by design, against reference standards produced by unrelated DEG methods. The ss-ensemble method was the only one to reliably produce higher accuracies in all conditions tested in this conservative evaluation framework. However, single-subject methods for identifying DEGs from paired samples need improvement, as no method performed with precision> 90% and obtained moderate levels of recall. http://www.lussiergroup.org/publications/EnsembleBiomarker.
- Transcriptome analysis of Polygonatum cyrtonema Hua: identification of genes involved in polysaccharide biosynthesis. [Journal Article]
- PMPlant Methods 2019; 15:65
- CONCLUSIONS: Our results substantially expand the public transcriptome dataset of P. cyrtonema and provide valuable clues for the identification of candidate genes involved in metabolic pathways.
- Dynamic combination of position and motion information when tracking moving targets. [Journal Article]
- JVJ Vis 2019 Jul 01; 19(7):2
- To accurately foveate a moving target, the oculomotor system needs to estimate the position of the target at the saccade end, based on information about its position and ongoing movement, while accou…
To accurately foveate a moving target, the oculomotor system needs to estimate the position of the target at the saccade end, based on information about its position and ongoing movement, while accounting for neuronal delays and execution time of the saccade. We investigated human interceptive saccades and pursuit responses to moving targets defined by high and low luminance contrast or by chromatic contrast only (isoluminance). We used step-ramps with perpendicular directions between vertical target steps of 10 deg/s and horizontal ramps of 2.5 to 20 deg/s to separate errors with respect to the position step of the target in the vertical dimension, and errors related to target motion in the horizontal dimension. Interceptive saccades to targets of high and low luminance contrast landed close to the actual target positions, suggesting relatively accurate estimates of the amount of target displacement. Interceptive saccades to isoluminant targets were less accurate. They landed at positions the target had on average 100 ms before saccade onset. One account of this finding is that the integration of target motion is compromised for isoluminant targets moving in the periphery. In this case, the oculomotor system can use an accurate, but delayed position component, but cannot account for target movement. This deficit was also present for the postsaccadic pursuit speed. For the two luminance conditions, pursuit direction and speed were adjusted depending on the saccadic landing position. The rapid postsaccadic pursuit adjustments suggest shared position- and motion-related signals of target and eye for saccade and pursuit control.
- Simultaneous optimization of mixed photon energy beams in volumetric modulated arc therapy. [Journal Article]
- MPMed Phys 2019 Jul 05
- CONCLUSIONS: We demonstrate the first formalism of a large scale simultaneous optimization of mixed photon energy beams for VMAT. Dosimetric comparison of MP - VMAT to single energy VMAT demonstrated potential advantages of using mixed photon energy beams for prostate plans, thus providing an impetus for further testing on a large clinical cohort. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
- Gait Function and Postural Control 4.5 Years After Nonoperative Dynamic Treatment of Acute Achilles Tendon Ruptures. [Journal Article]
- OJOrthop J Sports Med 2019; 7(6):2325967119854324
- CONCLUSIONS: Patients treated conservatively have a small increase in peak dorsiflexion, decreased total concentric plantar flexor power, and decreased quasi-stiffness in initial and end-range dorsiflexion in the injured leg. These deviations could not be directly associated with the measured tendon elongation.
- Molecular mechanisms linking peri-implantitis and type 2 diabetes mellitus revealed by transcriptomic analysis. [Journal Article]
- PPeerJ 2019; 7:e7124
- CONCLUSIONS: Exploration of available transcriptomic datasets revealed IL-6, NFKB1, and PIK3CG expression along with the IL-17 signaling pathway as top candidate molecular linkage mechanisms between peri-implantitis and T2DM.
- Evaluation of neurotensin receptor 1 as potential biomarker for prostate cancer theranostic use. [Journal Article]
- EJEur J Nucl Med Mol Imaging 2019 Jul 01
- CONCLUSIONS: We have demonstrated that NTSR1 is a promising molecular marker for prostate cancer based on patient tissue staining. The NTSR targeted probe 18F-DEG-VS-NT demonstrated high tumor to background contrast in animal models, which could be valuable in selecting patients for therapies targeting NTSR1 as well as monitoring therapeutic efficacy during treatment accordingly.
New Search Next
- Fatal poisoning with diethylene glycol in an unusual setting. [Journal Article]
- FSForensic Sci Med Pathol 2019 Jul 01
- Morphological findings in cases of intoxication are relatively rare in forensic pathology. In this article we report on a 26-year-old man who drank clear fluid from a tequila bottle that was given to…
Morphological findings in cases of intoxication are relatively rare in forensic pathology. In this article we report on a 26-year-old man who drank clear fluid from a tequila bottle that was given to him by a friend. Afterwards, the clear fluid was assumed to be smoke fluid containing diethylene glycol (DEG). The man died eight days later. Macroscopic and microscopic examination of the kidneys and the liver at forensic autopsy revealed findings typical of a DEG intoxication. In addition, the clinical course showed the typical triphasic pattern of symptoms. Toxicological analysis confirmed the presence of DEG in both the original smoke fluid and the tequila bottle. In conclusion, death was due to fatal intoxication by DEG. While most DEG intoxications have been mass poisoning incidents attributed to pharmaceutical products, the present case describes an unusual example of a single decedent.