- Diffuse reflectance spectroscopy as a monitoring tool for gastric mucosal devitalization treatments with argon plasma coagulation. [Journal Article]J Biophotonics 2019; :e201960125JB
- Electrosurgery with argon plasma coagulation (APC) is a widespread technique used in various medical fields for applications which range from hemostasis to devitalization processes. Developing tools which provide feedback concerning tissue condition during these surgeries is fundamental for improving the safety and success of this treatment.We present here a method based on diffuse reflectance sp…
Electrosurgery with argon plasma coagulation (APC) is a widespread technique used in various medical fields for applications which range from hemostasis to devitalization processes. Developing tools which provide feedback concerning tissue condition during these surgeries is fundamental for improving the safety and success of this treatment.We present here a method based on diffuse reflectance spectroscopy (DRS) to monitor gastric mucosal devitalization (GMD) treatments. The analysis of the diffusely reflected spectra of the tissue allows us to differentiate between ablation states by using Linear Discriminant Analysis (LDA) as a classification algorithm. An exvivo pilot study on several swine stomachs showed promising results, with 97.8% of correctly classified ablation states on a new unseen stomach, encouraging further tests with human tissue. This article is protected by copyright. All rights reserved.
- Fast computation of soft tissue thermal response under deformation based on fast explicit dynamics finite element algorithm for surgical simulation. [Journal Article]Comput Methods Programs Biomed 2019; 187:105244CM
- CONCLUSIONS: Compared to conventional methods focusing on numerical accuracy, convergence and stability, the proposed formulation focuses on computational performance for fast tissue thermal analysis. Compared to the classical Pennes model that handles only the static state of tissue, the proposed formulation can achieve fast thermal analysis on deformed states of tissue and can be applied in addition to tissue deformable models for non-linear heating analysis at even large deformation of soft tissue, leading to great translational potential in dynamic tissue temperature analysis and thermal dosimetry computation for computer-integrated medical education and personalised treatment.
- Transcatheter Electrosurgery Rescue: Jailed Pulmonary Artery Following Melody Pulmonary Valve Replacement. [Journal Article]JACC Cardiovasc Interv 2019JC
- Corrigendum to "The local thermal effect of using monopolar electrosurgery in the presence of a deep brain stimulator: Cadaveric studies on a lamb brain" [J. Clin. Neurosci. (2019) 134-139]. [Published Erratum]J Clin Neurosci 2019JC
- Efficacy and Safety of Conjunctival Cystectomy Using High-Frequency Radiowave Electrosurgery: A Preliminary Report. [Journal Article]Eye Contact Lens 2019; 45(6):410-413EC
- CONCLUSIONS: Conjunctival cystectomy with the adjunctive use of high-frequency radiowave electrosurgery was shown to be effective and safe.
- The prognostic predictors of patients with airway involvement due to advanced esophageal cancer after metallic airway stenting using flexible bronchoscopy. [Journal Article]J Thorac Dis 2019; 11(9):3929-3940JT
- CONCLUSIONS: SEMS insertion with flexible bronchoscopy without fluoroscopic guidance in the patients with airway involvement due to advanced esophageal cancer was safe and feasible. The patients who received anti-cancer therapy before the procedure and those with ARF had a poor prognosis. Post-airway stenting therapy had the positive impact on survival in these patients.
- Periauricular wrinkles removed with voltaic arc dermabrasion (Atmospheric Plasma technique). [Journal Article]J Cosmet Dermatol 2019JC
- CONCLUSIONS: The voltaic arc dermabrasion can be considered a useful tool for a noninvasive treatment of wrinkles related to the periauricular skin, with no discomfort for the patient or complications related to the procedure.
- Efficacy of Intralesional Cryosurgery in the Treatment of Multiple Extragenital Cutaneous Warts: A Randomized Controlled Study. [Journal Article]Dermatol Surg 2019DS
- CONCLUSIONS: Intralesional cryosurgery is effective not only in clearing treated warts but also resolving untreated warts and possibly enhances human papillomavirus-directed immune response.
- Hyfrecation and Interference With Implantable Cardiac Devices. [Journal Article]Dermatol Surg 2019DS
- CONCLUSIONS: The lack of complications associated with cardiac devices with hyfrecation is reassuring. However, prospective and larger retrospective studies are warranted.
New Search Next
- Clinical practice variation and overtreatment risk in women with abnormal cervical cytology in the Netherlands; two-step versus see-and-treat approach. [Journal Article]Am J Obstet Gynecol 2019AJ
- CONCLUSIONS: See-and-treat is only justified in women with high-grade cytology and who completed their childbearing. There is a wide practice variation between the two strategies in the Netherlands and gynecologists should adhere to the guidelines to prevent overtreatment.