Download the Free Prime PubMed App to your smartphone or tablet.

Available for iPhone or iPad:

Unbound PubMed app for iOS iPhone iPadAlso Available:
Unbound MEDLINE
Unbound PubMed app for Android

Available for Mac and Windows Desktops and laptops:

Unbound PubMed app for Windows
(extracorporeal shock wave lithotriptor)
367 results
  • Cost-effectiveness of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy in a poor resource setting: The Okada, Nigeria experience. [Journal Article]
    Niger Med J 2016 Jan-Feb; 57(1):44-8Eze KC, Irekpita E, Salami TA
  • CONCLUSIONS: ESWL at Okada was not cost-effective both to patients and the hospital management. Despite these, ESWL is desirable in poor-resource countries because of its noninvasiveness, low morbidity, and usability in patients who are unfit for open surgery. Purchasing high technological medical equipment as commodities by sub-Saharan Africans without considering the prevalence of diseases they are meant to cater for, their maintenance for steady function during useful lifespan, their cost-effectiveness and how to recoup the money spent on investments depletes the scarce foreign exchange reserve of the home countries and is eventually counterproductive as exemplified by this case.
  • Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy in the treatment of renal and ureteral stones. [Review]
    Rev Assoc Med Bras (1992) 2015 Jan-Feb; 61(1):65-71Torricelli FC, Danilovic A, … Mazzucchi E
  • The use of certain technical principles and the selection of favorable cases can optimize the results of extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (ESWL). The aim of this study is to review how ESWL works, its indications and contraindications, predictive factors for success, and its complications. A search was conducted on the Pubmed® database between January 1984 and October 2013 using "shock wave …
  • [Technical improvements and clinical study for extracorporeal shock wave lithotriptor]. [Journal Article]
    Zhongguo Yi Liao Qi Xie Za Zhi 2013; 37(5):340-2Jiang F
  • The author reviewed technical improvements of XYS.SUI-6X extracorporeal shock wave lithotriptor and illustrated the clinical efficacy of the lithotriptor with clinical study based on clinical trial after its upgraded, which curative ratio and effective ratio were increased to 76.67% and 20.00% respectively. Total cure and relief rate was 96.67%, invalidation was 3.33%, the results were better tha…
  • Design of the dual stone locating system on an extracorporeal shock wave lithotriptor. [Journal Article]
    Sensors (Basel) 2013; 13(1):1319-28Pu YR, Manousakas I, … Chang CC
  • Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotriptors are very popular for the treatment of urinary stones all over the world. They depend basically upon either X-ray fluoroscopy or ultrasound scans to detect the stones before therapy begins. To increase the effectiveness of treatment this study took advantage of both X-ray and ultrasound to develop a dual stone locating system with image processing modules. I…
  • An FDTD-based computer simulation platform for shock wave propagation in electrohydraulic lithotripsy. [Journal Article]
    Comput Methods Programs Biomed 2013; 110(3):389-98Yılmaz B, Çiftçi E
  • Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy (ESWL) is based on disintegration of the kidney stone by delivering high-energy shock waves that are created outside the body and transmitted through the skin and body tissues. Nowadays high-energy shock waves are also used in orthopedic operations and investigated to be used in the treatment of myocardial infarction and cancer. Because of these new applicati…
  • The use of extra-corporeal shockwave lithotripsy for obstructing ureteric stones. [Review]
    Minerva Urol Nefrol 2011; 63(2):175-82Porfyris OT, Cutress ML, Tolley DA
  • Extracorporeal shock wave lithotripsy (SWL) is a non-invasive treatment for urinary tract stones. This review presents the role of SWL for treating specifically ureteric calculi. The impact of hydronephrosis on SWL success, the use of SWL as emergency treatment (eSWL) for acute ureteric colic, the influence of ureteric stent placement on SWL outcome and the use of medical expulsive therapy to aug…
  • Management of ureteric stone in pediatric patients. [Journal Article]
    Indian J Urol 2010; 26(4):564-7Minevich E
  • The management of ureteral stones in children is becoming more similar to that in adults. A number of factors must be taken into account when selecting one's choice of therapy for ureteral stone in children such as the size of the stone, its location, its composition, and urinary tract anatomy. Endoscopic lithotripsy in children has gradually become a major technique for the treatment of ureteral…
New Search Next