- A divergent strategy to synthesize gabosines featuring a switchable two-way aldol cyclization. [Journal Article]Org Biomol Chem 2019; 17(16):4061-4072OB
- Gabosines and their natural analogues, belonging to C7 carbasugars, have attracted great attention in synthesis due to their rich structural variety and promising biological activities. A new diversity-oriented approach for the gabosine-type carbasugars based on a tunable regioselective aldol cyclization of flexible precursor 2 is explored. Two cyclization modes (A and B) of the precursor can be …
Gabosines and their natural analogues, belonging to C7 carbasugars, have attracted great attention in synthesis due to their rich structural variety and promising biological activities. A new diversity-oriented approach for the gabosine-type carbasugars based on a tunable regioselective aldol cyclization of flexible precursor 2 is explored. Two cyclization modes (A and B) of the precursor can be well controlled by switching promoters to selectively produce two resulting cyclohexa(e)nones 3 and 10, both of which are versatile intermediates for various C7 carbasugars. After the conversion of 3 to eight natural carbasugars, the utility of intermediate 10 is illustrated by the first synthesis of (-)-gabosine L, as well as the new synthesis of (-)-gabosine A, (-)-gabosine B, (-)-gabosine N and (-)-gabosine O. The chemical structure and the absolute configuration of (-)-gabosine L are confirmed by its total synthesis.
- [Efficiency of carbon nanoparticles in level VI lymphadenectomy for thyroid carcinoma and prevention of postoperative hypoparathyroidism]. [Journal Article]Zhonghua Er Bi Yan Hou Tou Jing Wai Ke Za Zhi 2014; 49(10):817-20ZE
- CONCLUSIONS: Carbon nanoparticle may improve the detected rate of metastasis lymph nodes, but may not be helpful to the prevention of postoperative hypoparathyrosim.
- Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome: a retrospective study of 44 patients. [Journal Article]Acta Otolaryngol 2014; 134(9):977-81AO
- CONCLUSIONS: When patients with recurrent facial paralysis are encountered, otolaryngologists should check for fissured tongue, and question those patients about orofacial edema, minor symptoms, and family history. Histologic evidence is not necessary for the diagnosis of Melkersson-Rosenthal syndrome (MRS), while coronary high-resolution CT (HRCT) reconstruction of temporal bone and food allergen detection may be beneficial. Prophylactic decompression of the facial nerve for patients with appropriate electrophysiological indication may prevent further facial palsy attacks.
- Subtotal facial nerve decompression for recurrent facial palsy in Melkersson Rosenthal syndrome. [Journal Article]Acta Otolaryngol 2014; 134(4):425-8AO
- CONCLUSIONS: Subtotal facial nerve decompression seems effective to prevent further episodes of facial palsy and promote facial nerve recovery for recurrent facial palsy in Melkersson Rosenthal syndrome (MRS). The main inflammatory sites of recurrent facial palsy in MRS may be the mastoid segment, tympanic segment, geniculate ganglion, and labyrinthine segment.
- Surgical experience of nine cases with intratemporal facial hemangiomas and a brief literature review. [Review]Acta Otolaryngol 2013; 133(10):1117-20AO
- CONCLUSIONS: It was practicable to remove hemangiomas at the labyrinth region and distal internal auditory canal with complete or serviceable hearing preservation by the transmastoid approach. The majority of cases where the nerve integrity was preserved achieved acceptable recovery of facial nerve function during the first few years according to our study. Long-term outcomes of nerve graft were acceptable, while short-term outcomes were unsatisfactory based on the literature.
- Lateral hump anomaly of pyramid segment of facial nerve in living patients. [Journal Article]Acta Otolaryngol 2013; 133(9):1006-8AO
- CONCLUSIONS: A lateral hump anomaly of the pyramid segment of the facial nerve deserves special attention during otologic surgery. Coronary high-resolution CT (HRCT) reconstruction of temporal bone was highly valuable in preoperative detection of the anomaly.