- Sex differences in infant blood metabolite profile in association with weight and adiposity measures. [Journal Article]Pediatr Res 2020PR
- CONCLUSIONS: We identified sex differences in the infant metabolic profile. Sex-specific patterns observed differ from those reported in older children and adults. We also identified modest cross-sectional associations between anthropometric and adiposity measures and metabolites, some of which were sex specific.
- Strain-modulated high-quality ZnO cavity modes on different crystal orientations. [Journal Article]Nanotechnology 2020N
- Dynamically regulated the coherent light emission offers a significant impact on improving white light generation, optical communication, on-chip photonic integration, and sensing. Here, we have demonstrated two mechanisms of strain-induced dynamic regulation of ZnO lasing modes through an individual ZnO microbelt and microrod prepared by vapor-phase transport method. And systematically explained…
Dynamically regulated the coherent light emission offers a significant impact on improving white light generation, optical communication, on-chip photonic integration, and sensing. Here, we have demonstrated two mechanisms of strain-induced dynamic regulation of ZnO lasing modes through an individual ZnO microbelt and microrod prepared by vapor-phase transport method. And systematically explained the dependence on externally applied strain and crystal orientation. Compared with the reduced size of resonant cavity played a major role in the microbelt, the resonant wavelength variation of the microrod under tensile stress is affected by the change in both the cavity size and the refractive index, which tend to antagonize in the direction of movement. It shows that the refractive index can be effectively regulated only when the stress is in the same direction along the c-axis. The results on the linear relationship between the resonance wavelength variation and applied strain imply the capacity of the devices to detect tiny stresses due to the ultra-narrow line width of the cavity mode with a high-quality factor of ~ 104. It not only has a positive influence in the field of the modulated coherent light source, but also provides a feasible strategy for implementing color-resolved non-contact strain sensors.
- Cervical disc replacement: examining "real-world" utilization of an emerging technology. [Journal Article]J Neurosurg Spine 2020; :1-7JN
- CONCLUSIONS: This US national level study lends insight into the rate of uptake and geographic differences in utilization of the single-level CDR procedure. Further study will be needed to ascertain specific factors that predict adoption of this technology to explain observed geographic discrepancies.
- Risk factors associated with conversion of an Ommaya reservoir to a permanent cerebrospinal fluid shunt in preterm posthemorrhagic hydrocephalus. [Journal Article]J Neurosurg Pediatr 2020; :1-8JN
- CONCLUSIONS: This study showed that a high level of CSF lactate, absence of symptomatic PDA, and a higher CSF extraction requirement were associated with a higher likelihood of implanting a permanent CSF shunt. The authors believe these findings should be considered in future studies.
- Cost-effectiveness of postoperative rehabilitation after surgery for lumbar disc herniation: an analysis based on a randomized controlled trial. [Journal Article]J Neurosurg Spine 2020; :1-8JN
- CONCLUSIONS: Routine referral to municipal physical rehabilitation in patients recovering from LDH surgery was not cost-effective compared to no referral.Clinical trial registration no.: NCT03505918 (clinicaltrials.gov).
- The Glittre Activities of Daily Living Test in women with scleroderma and its relation to hand function and physical capacity. [Journal Article]Clin Biomech (Bristol, Avon) 2020; 73:71-77CB
- CONCLUSIONS: Our results indicate that women with scleroderma need more time to complete the activities in the Glittre Activities of Daily Living Test, largely due to greater difficulty performing the shelves manual task. Thus, the Glittre Activities of Daily Living Test may be used in clinical practice to evaluate the performance of activities of daily living by people with scleroderma.
- Interleukin-17 mRNA expression and serum levels in Behçet's disease. [Journal Article]Cytokine 2020; 127:154994C
- Behçet's disease (BD) was considered a T-helper 1 (Th1)-mediated autoimmune disease, but with the introduction of Th17 cells, their role in the pathogenesis of BD was also addressed. Despite studies on IL-17 in BD, the prognostic value of this cytokine in BD is unclear. The aim of this study is to determine the IL-17 mRNA expression rate and serum levels in patients with BD and its correlation wi…
Behçet's disease (BD) was considered a T-helper 1 (Th1)-mediated autoimmune disease, but with the introduction of Th17 cells, their role in the pathogenesis of BD was also addressed. Despite studies on IL-17 in BD, the prognostic value of this cytokine in BD is unclear. The aim of this study is to determine the IL-17 mRNA expression rate and serum levels in patients with BD and its correlation with clinical manifestations and activity of BD. Forty-six BD patients in the active phase of the disease and 70 healthy controls were recruited in this study. BD activity was measured by Behçet's disease current activity form (BDCAF), Iranian Behçet's disease dynamic activity measure (IBDDAM) and total inflammatory activity index (TIAI). The IL-17 mRNA expression and serum levels were significantly higher in the BD patients compared with the healthy controls. These parameters in the BD patients aged <25 at disease onset, positive pathergy test, and positive HLA-B5 and HA-B51 were significantly higher than the healthy controls (P < 0.05). The IL-17 serum level in the patients with active uveitis was lower than the patients with in-active uveitis. There was no association between other clinical manifestations of BD and these parameters. No significant correlation was found between BDCAF and IBDDAM with IL-17 mRNA expression and serum levels. However, TIAI had a significant and negative correlation with the serum levels of IL-17.
- Promoter polymorphisms in IL-6 gene influence pro-inflammatory cytokines for the risk of osteoarthritis. [Journal Article]Cytokine 2020; 127:154985C
- CONCLUSIONS: The present study discovered susceptibility (GGGGCT) and protective (CGAGGC) haplotypes within promoter region of IL-6 gene which influenced the plasma levels of IL-6 and IL-1β for the risk of osteoarthritis in the population of Punjab, India.
- Clinical relevance of different handgrip strength indexes and metabolic syndrome in Chinese community-dwelling elderly individuals. [Journal Article]Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2020; 87:104010AG
- CONCLUSIONS: HS/body fat mass appears to be the index best associated with MetS and its components, and in men it is more relevant than in women.
New Search Next
- Body mass index and recovery of activities of daily living in older patients with femoral fracture: An analysis of a national inpatient database in Japan. [Journal Article]Arch Gerontol Geriatr 2020; 87:104009AG
- CONCLUSIONS: Underweight was associated with poorer performance in ADL, higher risk of complications, and lower rate of discharge to home in older Asian patients with femoral fracture. Overweight and obese had positive effects on ADL.