- Underwood's inspirator. [Historical Article]
- AAnesthesiology 2010; 112(3):669
- Effect of nasal valve area on inspirator nasal sound spectra. [Journal Article]
- OHOtolaryngol Head Neck Surg 2006; 134(3):506-9
- CONCLUSIONS: The nasal valve area plays an important role in the transformation of the nasal airflow from a laminar pattern to a more turbulent one. This condition affects nasal sound spectra and produces a marked shift upward in frequencies in the spectra. This method may be a new way of evaluating the nasal valve area.
- Lourens G. M. Baas Becking (1895-1963). Inspirator for many (micro)biologists. [Historical Article]
- IMInt Microbiol 1998; 1(1):69-72
- Mortality rates and prognostic variables in children with adult respiratory distress syndrome. [Journal Article]
- JPedJ Pediatr 1991; 119(6):896-9
- In a retrospective chart review of cases of adult respiratory distress syndrome in our pediatric intensive care unit from 1987 to 1990, we attempted to identify the physiologic variables predictive o…
In a retrospective chart review of cases of adult respiratory distress syndrome in our pediatric intensive care unit from 1987 to 1990, we attempted to identify the physiologic variables predictive of death. We identified 44 children with adult respiratory distress syndrome; the mortality rate was 75%. We found significant differences between survivors and nonsurvivors in intrapulmonary venous admixture (Qsp/Qt), mean airway pressure (Paw), alveolar-arterial oxygen tension difference (P(A-a)O2), oxygenation index, and peak inspirator pressure; Qsp/Qt greater than 0.5, Paw greater than 23 cm H2O, and P(A-a)O2 greater than 470 mm Hg were 93%, 90%, and 81% predictive of death, respectively, in this study population. Sensitivity and specificity were enhanced when we linked multiple predictors, but this linkage was seldom successful because few patients had more than one positive predictor. We propose to use the individual predictors that we have identified as randomization criteria in a future trial of extracorporeal membrane oxygenation for pediatric cases of adult respiratory distress syndrome.
- [V.I. Lenin--inspirator of modern health service]. [Historical Article]
- CLCas Lek Cesk 1970 Apr 24; 109(19):409-11
- [Alterations of the functional state of the inspirator neurons in the respiratory center under anemic hypoxia]. [Journal Article]
- VLVestn Leningr Univ Biol 1968; 1:163-7