- Linking Prameha etiology with diabetes mellitus: Inferences from a matched case-control study. [Journal Article]Ayu 2018 Jul-Sep; 39(3):139-145AYU
- CONCLUSIONS: On the basis of these results, this can be proposed that if such studies are done on larger basis and possibly in a prospective cohort manner, it can open a completely new area of identifying the risk factors to diabetes. Such revealing knowledge will not only help us knowing about diabetes better but also definitely help us to prevent diabetes to a large extent.
- Safety in Ayurveda: Need to bring the house in order. [Letter]Indian J Gastroenterol 2018; 37(4):374-375IJ
- Oral administration of Klebsiella pneumoniae-specific bacteriophage eradicates the bacteria in albino mice. [Letter]Indian J Med Microbiol 2018 Apr-Jun; 36(2):293-294IJ
- Prevalent infant feeding practices among the mothers presenting at a tertiary care hospital in Garhwal Himalayan region, Uttarakhand, India. [Journal Article]J Family Med Prim Care 2018 Jan-Feb; 7(1):45-52JF
- CONCLUSIONS: This study shows that undesirable infant feeding practices are still prevalent in the community. Lower prevalence of stunting and underweight was observed in infants with longer duration of exclusive breastfeeding. A comprehensive plan to address the problems in infant feeding should be formulated. Antenatal counselling of mothers should be done. Revitalization of the Baby Friendly Hospital Initiative(BHFI) in health facilities is recommended.
- A comparative clinical study on the effect of Tagara (Valeriana wallichii DC.) and Jatamansi (Nardostachys jatamansi DC.) in the management of Anidra (primary insomnia). [Journal Article]Ayu 2015 Jan-Mar; 36(1):46-9AYU
- CONCLUSIONS: Both the groups showed good results, but Tagara group showed better results in comparison to Jatamansi group.
- A comparative clinical study of Asanadi Ghanavati and Gomutra Haritaki in Kapha Medo Margavarana (dyslipidemia). [Journal Article]Ayu 2014; 35(2):152-9AYU
- CONCLUSIONS: AG and GH are suggested to be used in Kleda Bahul Samprapti Janya Vyadhi and Ama Bahul Samprapti Janya Vyadhi respectively.
- Evaluation of antioxidant potential of Rasayana drugs in healthy human volunteers. [Journal Article]Ayu 2014; 35(1):46-9AYU
- CONCLUSIONS: Ashwagandha and Guduchi may be helpful in preventing the oxidative stress and premature aging.
- Clinical evaluation of Lekhaniya Kashaya Vasti in the management of Sthaulya (obesity). [Journal Article]Ayu 2014; 35(1):28-34AYU
- CONCLUSIONS: Trial drug is very good combination for Medoghna activity.
- Systematic review of the concept of Yakrutotpatti (embryology of liver). [Review]Ayu 2014; 35(1):5-8AYU
- Ayurveda has its own view to understand the development of human body and its various organs. As the quotations are in a concise manner, it is essential to amalgamate the basics stated by various Acharyas with comprehensive explanation of modern science. The liver is a vital organ for metabolism. Acharyas have opined about the genesis of Yakrut (liver) from Rakta Dhatu (blood tissue). Parallel op…
Ayurveda has its own view to understand the development of human body and its various organs. As the quotations are in a concise manner, it is essential to amalgamate the basics stated by various Acharyas with comprehensive explanation of modern science. The liver is a vital organ for metabolism. Acharyas have opined about the genesis of Yakrut (liver) from Rakta Dhatu (blood tissue). Parallel opinion in conventional anatomy states that abundant quantity of blood is responsible for the formation of sinusoids of liver. This huge quantity of blood comes from broken viteline and umbilical veins in the septum transversum. On the other hand, the raw material for the formation of blood cells and liver (septum transversum) is the same, being mesenchymal cells from the mesoderm. The present review was conducted to discover the similarities about the genesis of liver in the opinions of ancient and conventional medical science. This may be useful for utilizing the ancient medical science in a new perspective. Therefore, it is attempted to correlate the genesis of liver in Ayurveda with modern science.
New Search Next
- Effect of Grīvā Vasti in management of Grīvā Asthi Sandhi Gata Vāta (Cervical Spondylosis). [Journal Article]Anc Sci Life 2013; 33(1):71-5AS
- CONCLUSIONS: Result indicates that Grīvā Vasti is an effective treatment in cervical spondylosis.