- Changes in admission laboratory tests in patients with maxillofacial fractures and the influence of dento-alveolar trauma. [Journal Article]Dent Traumatol 2020DT
- CONCLUSIONS: Patients with maxillofacial fractures had neutrophilia, increased aPTT, and non-traumatic leukocyturia. There was an influence of associated fractures and dento-alveolar trauma on the decrease in red blood cell parameters, neutrophilia, and lymphocytosis and of age on hypokalemia.
- [Treatment of acute uncomplicated cystitis in women with antibiotic allergy or intolerance]. [Randomized Controlled Trial]Urologiia 2019; (5):64-71U
- CONCLUSIONS: According to the results, Canephron N is an effective and safe drug as monotherapy for acute uncomplicated cystitis, and can be considered as drug of choice for the treatment of women with antibiotic allergy or intolerance.
- Prevalence of Asymptomatic Bacteriuria in Children: A Meta-Analysis. [Journal Article]J Pediatr 2019JPed
- CONCLUSIONS: Some clinicians are concerned that when a preverbal child with asymptomatic bacteriuria develops a nonlocalizing febrile illness and presents for evaluation, they may be mistakenly diagnosed as having a urinary tract infection (UTI). Given that the prevalence of asymptomatic bacteriuria is considerably lower than the prevalence of UTI in most subgroups examined, this will occur extremely rarely. These data suggest that the current definition of UTI should be revisited.
- [Medical Rehabilitation after Hydronephrosis Surgical Treatment in Children]. [Journal Article]Probl Sotsialnoi Gig Zdravookhranenniiai Istor Med 2019; 27(Special Issue):667-670PS
- The article presents modern technologies of medical rehabilitation of children operated for hydronephrosis. The importance of medical rehabilitation of children with hydronephrosis is associated with high incidence, possibility of developing chronic kidney disease, and early disability of these patients. After surgery on the ureter it is important to use medical rehabilitation technologies aimed …
The article presents modern technologies of medical rehabilitation of children operated for hydronephrosis. The importance of medical rehabilitation of children with hydronephrosis is associated with high incidence, possibility of developing chronic kidney disease, and early disability of these patients. After surgery on the ureter it is important to use medical rehabilitation technologies aimed at preventing urodynamics disorders of upper and lower urinary tract, and at stimulation of regenerative processes. In recent years, particular attention has been paid to high-intensity pulsed electromagnetic field therapy, which has a more significant and long-term stimulating effect compared to various types of electrical stimulation. Clinical studies were conducted in 80 children operated for hydronephrosis, aged 3 to 15. The main group consisted of 40 children who received high-intensity pulsed magnetic therapy, and 40 children were included in the control group (without physiotherapy). Basic treatment included uroseptics and exercise therapy. Effectiveness of the method was assessed using clinical, laboratory and ultrasound data, and Doppler ultrasound of the renal blood flow. The results of the study demonstrated the rationale of including high-intensity pulsed electromagnetic field therapy in medical rehabilitation of children operated for hydronephrosis. The positive effect of high-intensity pulsed electromagnetic therapy on the urodynamics of the urinary tract (reduction in the size of renal pelvis and calyx) and renal blood flow (restoration of blood flow to the renal cortex) were revealed. This method helped to reduce inflammation in the renal parenchyma (reduction of proteinuria, leukocyturia) in children operated on for hydronephrosis. A significantly higher effectiveness of medical rehabilitation with the use of high-intensity pulsed magnetic therapy was proved (87.5%).
- Relationship between urinalysis findings and responsible pathogens in children with urinary tract infections. [Journal Article]J Pediatr Urol 2019; 15(6):606.e1-606.e6JP
- CONCLUSIONS: Most UTIs were seen in older girls. Pyuria might be lacking in UTIs associated to Klebsiella spp. and Enterococcus spp., and absence of pyuria may not exclude UTI in patients with compatible clinical findings. Ceftriaxone is still an option in empirical treatment; unnecessary use of third-generation cephalosporins should be avoided, particularly in infections other than UTI.
- [Prevalence of urinary tract infection in infants with high fever in the emergency department]. [Journal Article]An Pediatr (Barc) 2019; 91(6):386-393AP
- CONCLUSIONS: The point prevalence of UTI in infants and toddlers with fever without source greater than 39°C was higher in our study compared to previous studies of UTI prevalence, especially in male infants aged less than 6 months and female infants aged less than 12 months. Our ﬁndings suggest that clinicians need to carefully assess for UTI in infants with unexplained fever greater than 39°C.
- Neonatal polycystic kidney disease, a potential life-threatening condition at this age: A case report. [Case Reports]Medicine (Baltimore) 2019; 98(44):e17707M
- CONCLUSIONS: Despite the poor prognosis of PKD reported in the literature, our case had an outstandingly favorable evolution during the first 2 years of life most-likely due to the early diagnosis and treatment, but also proper monitoring.
- Encephalopathy in a kidney transplant recipient. [Journal Article]BMJ Case Rep 2019; 12(9)BC
- A 60-year-old man presented several times to the emergency department due to confusion and behavioral changes. He was a kidney transplant recipient dependent on hemodialysis due, presumably, to chronic nephropathy of the transplanted kidney, and was not under any immunosuppressive therapy. He was admitted to the hospital ward due to elevation of C reactive protein and severe proteinuria, leukocyt…
A 60-year-old man presented several times to the emergency department due to confusion and behavioral changes. He was a kidney transplant recipient dependent on hemodialysis due, presumably, to chronic nephropathy of the transplanted kidney, and was not under any immunosuppressive therapy. He was admitted to the hospital ward due to elevation of C reactive protein and severe proteinuria, leukocyturia and erythrocyturia. The alterations found in the spot urine examination were suggestive of nephritic syndrome, consistent with chronic nephropathy of the transplanted kidney. The neurologic deterioration, however, remained unexplained. CT of the brain and cerebrospinal fluid examination were unremarkable. Infection, auto-immune disease and malignancy were excluded. Corticoid therapy was started for rejection nephropathy. The patient improved dramatically and ultimately the transplanted kidney was removed. Chronic nephropathy of the transplanted kidney was confirmed histologically and the patient remained clinically asymptomatic, without corticoid therapy.
- [Experience of application of hormonal and probiotic therapy in the complex treatment of women in peri- and postmenopausal with chronic recurrent bacterial cystitis in the background of vulvovaginal atrophy]. [Journal Article]Urologiia 2019; (3):66-71U
- CONCLUSIONS: Triozhinal improves the results of treatment of recurrent urinary infection in women with vulvovaginal atrophy in peri- and postmenopausal and can be recommended for use in combination therapy.
New Search Next
- [Clinical value of herbal terpenes after extracorporeal shock-wave therapy]. [Clinical Trial]Urologiia 2019; (3):43-49U
- CONCLUSIONS: Drug Rowatinex allows to reduce the time to spontaneous passage of fragments after ESWL, intensity of pain syndrome and leukocyturia as well as to increase in daily diuresis. This is not accompanied by the development of complications and side effects which allows to administer Rowatinex for a long time as part of complex medical expulsive therapy and use it for recurrence prevention of urinary stone disease. Effect of Rowatinex didnt depend on the stone composition.