- Gastroesophageal reflux disease is a risk factor for severity of organizing pneumonia. [Journal Article]
- RRespiration 2015; 89(2):119-26
- CONCLUSIONS: OP associated with GERD is more severe and results in more frequent relapses. Microinhalation of gastric secretions might induce lung inflammation leading to OP and relapse. We suggest that typical symptoms of GERD such as pyrosis should be investigated in OP.
- Pneumonia prevention to decrease mortality in intensive care unit: a systematic review and meta-analysis. [Review]
- CIClin Infect Dis 2015 Jan 01; 60(1):64-75
- CONCLUSIONS: Selective digestive decontamination with systemic antimicrobial therapy reduced mortality and should be considered in critically ill patients at high risk for death.