- [Experimental study of platelet-rich plasma in treatment of Achilles tendinopathy in rabbits]. [Journal Article]
- ZXZhongguo Xiu Fu Chong Jian Wai Ke Za Zhi 2019 Jul 15; 33(7):871-876
- CONCLUSIONS: A rabbit model of Achilles tendinopathy can be reconstructed by type Ⅰ collagenase injection. PRP treatment can increase the Achilles tendon hardness and maximum breaking load, up-regulate the expression level of collagen type Ⅰ and Ⅲ, improve the structure of Achilles tendon collagen fiber, and promote the repair in rabbit Achilles tendinopathy model.
- Effect of Oval Window Blockage on Bone Conduction in Cadaver Heads. [Journal Article]
- ONOtol Neurotol 2019; 40(7):e668-e673
- CONCLUSIONS: Medical adhesive was available for the immobilization of oval window. In cadaver heads, the effect of OW blockage on the BC was the notching at 3 kHz.
- A multi-subject accuracy study on granular jamming for non-invasive attachment of fiducial markers to patients. [Journal Article]
- IJInt J Comput Assist Radiol Surg 2019 Jul 10
- CONCLUSIONS: The GJC increases the accuracy of transnasal image-guidance under force and impact perturbations by more firmly, yet non-invasively, attaching fiducial markers to the patient. We find that granular jamming provides accuracy improvement beyond that associated with improved fiducial marker arrangement.
- Micropocket hydrogel devices for all-in-one formation, assembly, and analysis of aggregate-based tissues. [Journal Article]
- BBiofabrication 2019 Jul 10
- Multicellular aggregated tissues have grown critically important in benchtop biomedical research, both as stand-alone spheroids and when assembled into larger bioengineered constructs. However, typic…
Multicellular aggregated tissues have grown critically important in benchtop biomedical research, both as stand-alone spheroids and when assembled into larger bioengineered constructs. However, typical systems for aggregate formation are limited in their capacity to reliably handle such cultures at various experimental stages in a broadly accessible, consistent, and scalable manner. In this work, we develop a broadly versatile all-in-one biofabrication strategy to form uniform, spherical, multicellular aggregates that can be maintained at precisely defined positions for analysis or transfer into a larger tissue. The 3D-printed MicroPocket Culture (MPoC) system consists of an array of simple geometry-based valves in a polyacrylamide hydrogel, and is able to produce hundreds of uniformly-sized aggregates in standard tissue culture well plates, using simple tools that are readily available in all standard biological wet-labs. The model breast cancer aggregates formed in these experiments are retained in defined positions on chip during all liquid handling steps required to stimulate, label, and image the experiment, enabling high-throughput studies on this culture model. Furthermore, MPoCs enable robust formation of aggregates in cell types that do not conventionally form such structures. Finally, we demonstrate that this single platform can also be used to generate complex 3D tissues from the precisely-positioned aggregate building blocks. To highlight the unique and broad versatility of this technique, we develop a simple 3D invasion assay and show that cancer cells preferentially migrate towards nearby model tumours; demonstrating the importance of spatial precision when engineering 3D tissues. Together, this platform presents a broadly accessible and uniquely capable system with which to develop advanced aggregate-based models for tissue engineering, fundamental research, and applied drug discovery.
- Study on the Synthetic Characteristics of Biomass-Derived Isosorbide-Based Poly(arylene ether ketone)s for Sustainable Super Engineering Plastic. [Journal Article]
- MMolecules 2019 Jul 08; 24(13)
- Demand for the development of novel polymers derived from biomass that can replace petroleum resources has been increasing. In this study, biomass-derived isosorbide was used as a monomer in the poly…
Demand for the development of novel polymers derived from biomass that can replace petroleum resources has been increasing. In this study, biomass-derived isosorbide was used as a monomer in the polymerization of poly(arylene ether ketone)s, and its synthetic characteristics were investigated. As a phase-transfer catalyst, crown ether has increased the weight-average molecular weight of polymers over 100 kg/mol by improving the reaction efficiency of isosorbide and minimizing the effect of moisture. By controlling the experimental parameters such as halogen monomer, polymerization solvent, time, and temperature, the optimal conditions were found to be fluorine-type monomer, dimethyl sulfoxide, 24 h, and 155 °C, respectively. Biomass contents from isosorbide-based polymers were determined by nuclear magnetic resonance and accelerator mass spectroscopy. The synthesized polymer resulted in a high molecular weight that enabled the preparation of transparent polymer films by the solution casting method despite its weak thermal degradation stability compared to aromatic polysulfone. The melt injection molding process was enabled by the addition of plasticizer. The tensile properties were comparable or superior to those of commercial petrochemical specimens of similar molecular weight. Interestingly, the prepared specimens exhibited a significantly lower coefficient of thermal expansion at high temperatures over 150 °C compared to polysulfone.
- [Expert consensus statement on reconstruction principle for mandibular defect]. [Journal Article]
- ZKZhonghua Kou Qiang Yi Xue Za Zhi 2019 Jul 09; 54(7):433-439
- Mandibular defect is one of the common defects of maxillofacial region, which can seriously affect the appearance, chew and speech. The ultimate goal of functional reconstruction of mandibular defect…
Mandibular defect is one of the common defects of maxillofacial region, which can seriously affect the appearance, chew and speech. The ultimate goal of functional reconstruction of mandibular defect is to restore mandibular appearance, denture and occlusal function. Vascularized bone grafting is an effective method for reconstruction of mandibular defect, especially in treatment of large defect. However, functional reconstruction of mandibular defects involves multiple specialties, many technical details and long treatment cycle, resulting in a small proportion of functional reconstruction. To establish standard operating procedures, Society of Oral Maxillofacial Rehabilitation, Chinese Stomatological Association has organized a lot of experts to establish expert consensus statement on reconstruction principle for mandibular defect, referred to standard procedure of indication, preoperative evaluation, choice of donor site, digital technology aided surgery, recommendations of the operation in the process of residual mandibular position fixed, the mandibular body molding denture and common post-operative complications, in order to promote the reconstruction of mandibular defect treatment and improve the quality of reconstruction.
- Exploration of the reactive modelling of sol-gel polycondensation in the presence of templates. [Journal Article]
- SMSoft Matter 2019 Jul 09
- The polycondensation of silicic acid, methylsilicic acid, or their mixture was studied by reactive force field simulation. These were found to be feasible systems for the simulation of two-step acid …
The polycondensation of silicic acid, methylsilicic acid, or their mixture was studied by reactive force field simulation. These were found to be feasible systems for the simulation of two-step acid hydrolysis-alkaline condensation of their alkoxysilane counterparts, usually taken experimentally as sol-gel precursors. The approach avoided the alkoxysilane hydrolysis step and allowed high degrees of polycondensation at relatively low temperature (700-1000 K), from the computational efficiency perspective. Being the ultimate interest of the present study the sol-gel polycondensation of templated gels whose microstructural pattern is affected by the presence of a template, the role of the intermolecular forces was decisive, and promoted high polycondensation at the lowest possible temperature. Polycondensation with added damascenone did not result in any perceived templating effect, i.e., damascenone was not able to interact significantly with the growing clusters, in a way that would allow its occlusion or a surface molding effect on the clusters. A possible reason for this is the intermolecular interaction strength being too weak at the temperatures set for the simulations. However, when using luteolin as the template, a molecule with several hydrogen bond interaction points, it was possible to observe different microscopic events involving the template molecules, some of them corresponding to actual templating effects, such as partial enveloping by the network around the template. These restricted events did not allow the inference of any macroscopic property of the final gel. However, it was shown that polycondensates shaped by the template or a template dimer may be obtained. The sites thus obtained will be essential for future in silico studies of the selectivity of such sites.
- Ultra-High Electromagnetic Absorption Property of One-Dimensional Carbon-Supported Ni/Mo2C and Polyvinylidene Fluoride. [Journal Article]
- FCFront Chem 2019; 7:427
- A novel one-dimensional carbon-supported Ni/Mo2C (Ni/Mo2C-C) nanocomposite with excellent electromagnetic wave absorption properties was successfully synthesized by annealing NiMoO4@PDA directly, and…
A novel one-dimensional carbon-supported Ni/Mo2C (Ni/Mo2C-C) nanocomposite with excellent electromagnetic wave absorption properties was successfully synthesized by annealing NiMoO4@PDA directly, and then the (Ni/Mo2C-C)/polyvinylidene fluoride (PVDF) composites were fabricated using a simple blending and hot-molding technique. An excellent reflection loss (RL) of -55.91 dB at 9.28 GHz with a low filler loading (15 wt%) and effective bandwidth (RL < -10 dB) of 14.12 GHz in the thickness range of 1.5-5.0 mm was obtained. Dielectric loss is considered to be the dominant mechanism of (Ni/Mo2C-C)/PVDF, which was confirmed by the Debye relaxation process and attenuation theory.
- Effects of Qutanhuoxue Decoction on AQP7 and AQP9 Expression in Nonalcoholic Fatty Liver Model Rats. [Journal Article]
- EBEvid Based Complement Alternat Med 2019; 2019:5709626
- The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of Qutanhuoxue decoction on AQP7 and AQP9 expression in nonalcoholic fatty liver model rats. Nighty male SD rats (six weeks old, 250 ± 10 g) we…
The purpose of this study was to investigate the effect of Qutanhuoxue decoction on AQP7 and AQP9 expression in nonalcoholic fatty liver model rats. Nighty male SD rats (six weeks old, 250 ± 10 g) were randomly divided into 5 groups: normal diet group (ND group), high-fat diet (HFD group), HFD + low dose Qd group, HFD + middle dose Qd group, and HFD + high dose Qd group. Rats in ND group were fed with a regular diet, while rats in other groups were fed with high-fat diet. After the success of the molding, HFD + low dose Qd group, HFD + middle dose Qd group, and HFD + high dose Qd group were, respectively, gavaged by Qutanhuoxue decoction with concentration of 4.5g.kg-1.d-1, 9.0g.kg-1.d-1, and 18g.kg-1.d-1. The ND group and HFD group were gavaged by the same volume of physiological saline lavage, once a day. During the period of gavaging, the other four groups continue to be fed with high-fat fodder except ND group. All rats were killed at 14d, 21d, and 28d, respectively. HE staining was used to observe the pathological changes of liver tissues and serum level of ALT AST GGT and TC TG was detected by automatic analyzer. The expression levels of liver AQP9 mRNA and adipose tissue AQP7 mRNA were detected by real-time PCR. Quhuoxue decoction can significantly reduce the liver function (ALT, AST, and GGT) and blood fat (TG, TC) levels of NAFLD rats and reduce the degree of liver fat degeneration. The effect was the best in the HFD + high dose Qd group of 28d. Qutanhuoxue decoction can decrease the expression of liver AQP9 mRNA and increase the expression of adipose tissue AQP7 mRNA. In conclusion, Qutanhuoxue decoction can reduce the degree of hepatic steatosis, which may be closely related to the increase of AQP7 expression in adipose tissue and the decrease of AQP9 expression in liver.
New Search Next
- Shape Rememorization of an Organosuperelastic Crystal via Superelasticity-Ferroelasticity Interconversion. [Journal Article]
- ACAngew Chem Int Ed Engl 2019 Jul 05
- As altering permanent shapes without loss of material function is practically important for material molding especially for elastic uses, the addition of a shape rememorization ability to elastic cry…
As altering permanent shapes without loss of material function is practically important for material molding especially for elastic uses, the addition of a shape rememorization ability to elastic crystalline materials will enhance their utility. Since diffusionless plastic deformability can preserve the crystallinity of materials, the interconversion of diffusionless mechanical deformability between superelasticity and ferroelasticity could achieve shape rememorization of superelastic single crystals. This study demonstrates the shape rememorization of an organosuperelastic single crystal of 1,4-dicyanobenzene via time-reversible interconversion of superelasticity-ferroelasticity relaxation by holding the mechanically twinned crystal without heating. The revealed shape rememorization ability in the organosuperelastic crystal indicates the compatibility of superelasticity (antiferroelasticity) and ferroelasticity as well as the intrinsic workability of organic crystalline materials capable of restoring their crystal functions.